Author Topic: [9/6/07] Havoc’s The Kush album preview (lineups,lyrics,production,new remixes)  (Read 118 times)

Efrain

[9/6/07] Havoc’s The Kush album preview

Taken from http://www.infamousminded.com/

“Nature Sounds recently gave me the opportunity to come up to their offices in Brooklyn, NY and get a first listen of Havoc’s forthcoming debut solo album from beginning to end. After arriving they set me up in their studio and hit play on the console. I began quickly taking notes. What follows are my initial impressions and notes from the listening session, track by track.

1) NY for Life
The album introduction track. Somewhat reminiscent of the first track offBlood Money, the production is slow and dark, with a circus style synth loop. On the hook Havoc raps "Don't worry about me, I'm right where I'm suppose to be, straight NY *****, every breath of me." And continues, "got an ice box where my heart used to be, we can get into some gangsta shit that's cool with me, if we get it on than it's meant to be, laugh at the judge when he sentence me." The track starts things off nicely, letting everyone know Havoc’s just fine were he is and nothings changed.

2) I'm the Boss
The first single. Its more up-tempo beat really sets off the album. Havoc flips that same Tribe sample from "luck of lucien"   

3) By my Side
40 Glocc drops the first verse and does the hook. The beat is a strong "bump-bump-bump clap" with a simple but effective loop and synth horn.

4) One less *****
Havoc solo. The beat is a dark crawling epic with a portamento horn. On the hook Havoc raps "whoever gassed you up better dead 'em my *****, cause you can get touched with the lead my *****, and the world will just be... one less *****." Real head-nodder here.   

5) Ride Out
This tracks got a real dark Mobb feel. The beat is violent and creeping, the type of murderous, slow, scheming, dark vibe Havocs known for. Havoc spits first while Nyce raps second and the third verse comes from uncredited newcommer____. On the hook Havoc raps, "ain't nothing you *****s can't take from me, I'm hungry you hungry let's get it on dunny."

6) Ballin Out
Un Pachino drops the first verse. Overall it's a fast, horns blaring, snare snapping, hit the highway speeding type of track. This isn’t club music, more like the track playing in the getaway car after you shoot it up. On the track Havoc raps, "Open up ya chest like Vicks, or I could get up close with the ice pick.....

7) What's poppin Tonight
Whoa, on this track Havoc really took his production to the next level. After the gothic organs set it off a crazy, dark, futuristic loop takes over and allows Havoc to really show his development production wise. On the hook Havoc raps, "What's poppin' tonight, I just got paid and I wanna feel right."  This one definitely stands out, very dope.

8 ) Class by Myself
Here Havoc's got a little Tibetan, Chinese type of loop going on in this softer track. Nitty assists on the second verse and the hook rapping, "I'm in a class by myself, a world of my own, thinking of getting rich, honeys I wanna bone, gotta keep the fifth 'cause it only take one shot to send you *****s home."

9) Set me Free
"Mobb etched in stone, we heavy in the ghetto" raps Havoc over this street directed track. The production is a slow progression loop that builds and builds allowing both Hav and Pee to do the necessary bragging and tough talk the track calls for. Nyce raps the hook, "keep on bangin' till they set me free, two guns up label me a fuckin' king."   

10) Be There
The second single most of us have already heard. Classic track.

11) Hit me Up
This track reminded me of Murda Muzik production meets a newer more modern, sound. The thumping bass, blaring horns back and forth and jungle style drums definitely make this a funky track. Havoc raps first with Un Pachino on the hook.   

12) Get off my Dick

Many of us caught a preview of this on youtube, the widely seen video of Havoc and Co. in the studio bumpin' the track (if you haven't seen it, check it here) made it one of the most anticipated songs off the album. Little if anything was changed since that video leaked, the track is still just as raw, aggressive and conducive to excessive head nodding as before. The perfect way to round out the album.     

Overall The Kush delivers everything fans were hoping for. The vibe of the album is extremely dark and grimy, yet sonically smooth and polished. From start to finish the album is very cohesive, flowing perfectly into each successive track. It seem as though Havoc really found the perfect balance between using original production while keeping that old Mobb Deep gutter, two bar loop style the fans love. Lyrically Havoc maintains the same upward curve he’s been on for years, improving to the point where he’s acclaimed equally for his lyrics as he is for his production. The Kush indeed lives up to its title as high grade product, potent enough to leave even the biggest of smokers fucked up and begging for another hit.     

At the time of this listening Havoc was getting ready to shoot a video for “I’m the Boss” and a remix of “Be There” with Prodigy was in the can and ready to go. Plans were in the works for a remix of “I’m the Boss” with a special guest, you might even call him a vibrant guest. Keep posted for more info. 

Full story at:  http://infamousminded.com
check the news/feature section.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Cant wait, too bad that Im The Boss is on it, that track sucks.