Author Topic: Ok, so what's the point...  (Read 243 times)

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Ok, so what's the point...
« on: September 09, 2007, 11:16:33 AM »
in checking an album from an artist you don't like??? I'm talking about all the 50 Cent haters. Y'all talk trash about him in every thread his name is brought up but when his album leaks onto the net y'all are the first to download it, lol. I mean it's pretty simple, I don't like an artist I don't check his/her music & that includes 50's music (I've only heard like 3 tracks from his new CD & I don't intend in hearing any more). No offense to the real 50 Cent fans because this thread & argument is not directed to you.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Ok, so what's the point...
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 11:21:37 AM »
lol... you have a point there. So many negative posts towards 50, yet so many download requests for the new cd.
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

d-nice

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 11:27:06 AM »
Me and my girl was talking about this yesterday. 50 is one of those rare artists that generates interest good or bad. On the selling tip, the man has sold 20 million records so people want to see what all the fuss is about. The interviews? Classic. The beefs? At times stupid, still do get people to talking about him. But most ask for it because it is free  ;D

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2007, 11:28:13 AM »
Preach on, heres what I said in the OG Curtis thread:

But its a pretty dope over all package so far, and I don't think anyone can argue with that who wasn't expecting album of the year.

Thats the truth right here. People on these lil internet boards diss 50 every day, for creating "wack, same shit" but when its album time, its like everybody expects a fucking classic.

As long as 50s Interscope, theres no way to produce a classic. Hes a cash cow and treated like that in a postive and negative way. " But GRODT was on a major label and that was a near classic", true but 3/4 of GRODT was made before he was even signed.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 11:29:46 AM by Timbo the king »

wcsoldier

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2007, 11:29:03 AM »
50 haters like his music ... they just act like they don't feel it but they stay awaked waiting for the grouprip to leak  :-X.. I like his early work a lot , don't feel the majority of his music since 2005 but what's the point of hating ? Thing is they keep talking about him every fucking single day since 2002 on the internet ... it's obvious they envy his lifestyle

d-nice

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2007, 11:30:46 AM »
I think 50 said it best on Hustlers Ambition

"I need you to hate, so I can feed off your energy."

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2007, 11:32:23 AM »
A lot of the hate also comes from beefing with everybods favourite rapper. He brought that on himself, sure it creates huge buzz for a month or two but in the long run, it always backfires on him.

d-nice

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2007, 11:37:38 AM »
A lot of the hate also comes from beefing with everybods favourite rapper. He brought that on himself, sure it creates huge buzz for a month or two but in the long run, it always backfires on him.

Yeah that is my only gripe with him. Musically he slipped a little bit but he still puts out good tracks from time to time.

d-nice

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2007, 11:40:11 AM »
Kanye seems like the only one that has wised up to 50's marketing ploys. He plays right along with it, a jab here, a compliment there. Him going along with it has helped to create his whole who will sell more campaign. If he would have taken it seriously I think everyone would be like here we go again.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2007, 11:40:40 AM »
I'm not gonna lie, I own some G-Unit related products like their earlier music & clothes/shoes (they're dope as hell) but seriously I'm not interested in his (50's) or G-Unit's recent music. I don't hate the dude but I do get sick of him every now & then from seeing him so much on TV or hearing him on the radio. Anyways I give him props for making so much money & for being where he is right now & that's that. Good looking y'all on the posts, I was actually expecting a negative form of response from everyone.

Elevz

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2007, 11:43:59 AM »
The point? People download music because they're interested in checking it out. That doesn't necessarily mean they're expecting a classic; they just want to experience the new album and judge it for themselves. That goes even for haters; they're confronted with it so they'll have themselves informed so that they can put forth an opinion. Even if it's for plain hating... Who says hating is necessarily a bad thing? ;)

I haven't heard his new album yet; then again I haven't heard the 'new' Talib Kweli yet either. I might give both of them a try, even though I'm not expecting any classics. I just want to be able to evaluate the evolutionary process in their music.

d-nice

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2007, 11:44:45 AM »
I'm not gonna lie, I own some G-Unit related products like their earlier music & clothes/shoes (they're dope as hell) but seriously I'm not interested in his (50's) or G-Unit's recent music. I don't hate the dude but I do get sick of him every now & then from seeing him so much on TV or hearing him on the radio. Anyways I give him props for making so much money & for being where he is right now & that's that. Good looking y'all on the posts, I was actually expecting a negative form of response from everyone.

Same here. He is starting to wear on my nerves but there is a decline in that whole camps music. Excluding Buck IMO.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2007, 11:58:55 AM »
For me Banks 2nd album was a lot better than the first, which was quite average. Bucks 2nd aint as good as the 1st but Buck did his thing. I cant judge on Curtis yet.

d-nice

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2007, 12:04:34 PM »
For me Banks 2nd album was a lot better than the first, which was quite average. Bucks 2nd aint as good as the 1st but Buck did his thing. I cant judge on Curtis yet.

Yeah Banks last album was real dark and gutter. His first one did not have tracks like that, more uptempo. I dig both Buck albums.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2007, 03:09:48 PM »
i wouldnt call myself a 50 hater..he has put out shitty ass music since GRODT so I call it like it is. But i liked 50 before he stopped tryin and i was hopin he would drop some good tracks again...but from judging by  the singles i will be dissapointed. But if you like his new shit,cool,keep it movin.