Author Topic: MTV Doesnt Care About Black People: Another Kanye Tantrum  (Read 943 times)

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
MTV Doesnt Care About Black People: Another Kanye Tantrum
« on: September 10, 2007, 05:38:53 AM »
LAS VEGAS (AP) — Sour grapes from Kanye West — again.

Shut out at the Video Music Awards, Kanye West threw a tantrum Sunday night in front of media and crew backstage as the MTV show was ending.

West, waiting for an elevator in a crowded hallway, began yelling about losing all five categories for which he was nominated.

"That's two years in a row, man ... give a black man a chance," West said, stomping around his entourage and directing his comments at a reporter. "I'm trying hard man, I have the ... number one record, man."

West said he never will return to MTV.

The rapper was nomination for five awards, including male artist of the year. This is the latest in a series of awards show outburst for West. Last year, he crashed the stage at the MTV Europe Awards after not winning for best video.

source: http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jEtA6_jAv2kucEo_Uf1hwQhVdWWQ

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: MTV Doesnt Care About Black People: Another Kanye Tantrum
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 05:41:45 AM »
unrelated, but hilarious: Nelly's $200 White T-Shirt

LAS VEGAS (AP) — Nelly was wearing a very expensive white T-shirt as he got ready to hit the red carpet at the MTV Awards Video Music Awards Sunday night.

"It's a two-hundred-dollar white T," Nelly said. "It's got to be the most expensive white T I've ever had in my whole life."

"I'll be sure not to spill anything on it."

Elano

TRG

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 05:46:23 AM »
smh @ kanye

and lol @ nelly.. who the fuck wears a $200 plain white tee :-\

Paul

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2007, 07:38:12 AM »
i actually feel quite sorry for him, there arent many artists putting out the quality of music he does
funkyfreshintheflesh

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2007, 07:51:55 AM »
i actually feel quite sorry for him, there arent many artists putting out the quality of music he does

Me too. For the shit he calls music, while real artists create real music, to give him this giant head is kind of sad. Maybe if the guy could actually compose music and write lyrics that aren't self indulged and self obsessed nursery rhymes he would understand what real art is, and also understand that these fake awards don't mean much to real artists.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2007, 07:54:52 AM »

Kanye West Loses It Again, Says He'll 'Never Return To MTV': Report
Rapper is reportedly peeved his VMA performance took place in Palms suite, not on main stage.

By James Montgomery

Kanye West has never been shy about voicing his opinions, especially when it comes to awards shows.

In 2004, he walked out of the American Music Awards, claiming he was "robbed" in the Best New Artist category (see "Usher, Outkast Clean Up; Kanye Strikes Out At American Music Awards"). The following year, he promised hellfire and brimstone if his Late Registration album didn't take home the Grammy for Album of the Year (see "Kanye's At It Again: 'If I Don't Win Album Of The Year I'm Gonna Have A Problem' "). And, perhaps most famously of all, he stormed the stage at the 2006 MTV Europe Music Awards after losing the award for Video of the Year (see "Kanye Admits To Having Had A 'Sippy Sippy' [Or Two] Before EMA Rant").

And now, well, there's another outburst to add to his highlight reel.

According to several sources backstage at the 2007 MTV Video Music Awards — and a report published late Sunday night by The Associated Press — West lost it again, this time because his performance of "Stronger" took place in the Palms' Hugh Hefner Sky Villa and not on the main stage (see "Britney Spears Kicks Off Show, But VMA Night Belongs To Rihanna And Justin Timberlake").

"Kanye was watching the closing performance [a medley featuring Justin Timberlake, Timbaland and Nelly Furtado] on a closed-circuit monitor, and he started getting upset," a source who was backstage told MTV News. "He started asking anyone who'd listen why he wasn't allowed to perform on the main stage. 'Why did I perform in just a suite?' he was saying. 'Justin's my boy, but even he gets to perform in both a suite and on the main stage? Something's wrong here.' "

According to a story filed by The Associated Press, West was also upset about being shut out of all five categories he was nominated in (see "MTV VMA Race Is On: Justin Timberlake, Beyonce Lead Nominations"). He reportedly yelled, "That's two years in a row, man ... I'm trying hard, man, I have the ... #1 record, man."

AP also reported that West claimed he would "never return to MTV."

At a pre-VMA concert on Friday, West also expressed his frustration that Britney Spears would be opening the show instead of him, freestyling, "I can't believe she would perform. She hasn't had a hit record in years" (see "Kanye West Tells Crowd At Pre-VMA Concert That He Should Open Big Show, Not Brit"). And according to MTV News' source, he was claiming the same thing during his tirade.

"He said, 'Brit hasn't had a hit in like 5 million years and she opens the show?!?' " the source said.

A spokesperson for West's label, Def Jam, had no comment as of press time.

Wait — don't cash out on the VMAs just yet! From Britney's sultry comeback performance to the big winners, you saw it all — well, almost everything! Get yourself even richer with our wall-to-wall show coverage, party reports, videos and loads more at www.VMA.MTV.com. For reports, photos, video and much, much more from previous VMAs, dive into the VMA archives.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2007, 07:58:20 AM »

Me too. For the shit he calls music, while real artists create real music, to give him this giant head is kind of sad. Maybe if the guy could actually compose music and write lyrics that aren't self indulged and self obsessed nursery rhymes he would understand what real art is, and also understand that these fake awards don't mean much to real artists.

Here we go again...
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Paul

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2007, 08:00:05 AM »
funkyfreshintheflesh

Blu Lacez

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2007, 08:08:13 AM »
smh @ kanye

and lol @ nelly.. who the fuck wears a $200 plain white tee :-\

Hey what does "SMH" stand for???

yeah lol@Nelly...rappers r sumtimes too full of themselves.. :-X :-X ::)

hey Es-Jay think u shuld change the ttle..cuz Jay-z & Rihanna won best video, and they are Black.. ;)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 08:14:09 AM by Blu Lacez »

Blu Lacez

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2007, 08:09:25 AM »

Kanye West Loses It Again, Says He'll 'Never Return To MTV': Report
Rapper is reportedly peeved his VMA performance took place in Palms suite, not on main stage.

By James Montgomery

Kanye West has never been shy about voicing his opinions, especially when it comes to awards shows.

In 2004, he walked out of the American Music Awards, claiming he was "robbed" in the Best New Artist category (see "Usher, Outkast Clean Up; Kanye Strikes Out At American Music Awards"). The following year, he promised hellfire and brimstone if his Late Registration album didn't take home the Grammy for Album of the Year (see "Kanye's At It Again: 'If I Don't Win Album Of The Year I'm Gonna Have A Problem' "). And, perhaps most famously of all, he stormed the stage at the 2006 MTV Europe Music Awards after losing the award for Video of the Year (see "Kanye Admits To Having Had A 'Sippy Sippy' [Or Two] Before EMA Rant").

And now, well, there's another outburst to add to his highlight reel.

According to several sources backstage at the 2007 MTV Video Music Awards — and a report published late Sunday night by The Associated Press — West lost it again, this time because his performance of "Stronger" took place in the Palms' Hugh Hefner Sky Villa and not on the main stage (see "Britney Spears Kicks Off Show, But VMA Night Belongs To Rihanna And Justin Timberlake").

"Kanye was watching the closing performance [a medley featuring Justin Timberlake, Timbaland and Nelly Furtado] on a closed-circuit monitor, and he started getting upset," a source who was backstage told MTV News. "He started asking anyone who'd listen why he wasn't allowed to perform on the main stage. 'Why did I perform in just a suite?' he was saying. 'Justin's my boy, but even he gets to perform in both a suite and on the main stage? Something's wrong here.' "

According to a story filed by The Associated Press, West was also upset about being shut out of all five categories he was nominated in (see "MTV VMA Race Is On: Justin Timberlake, Beyonce Lead Nominations"). He reportedly yelled, "That's two years in a row, man ... I'm trying hard, man, I have the ... #1 record, man."

AP also reported that West claimed he would "never return to MTV."

At a pre-VMA concert on Friday, West also expressed his frustration that Britney Spears would be opening the show instead of him, freestyling, "I can't believe she would perform. She hasn't had a hit record in years" (see "Kanye West Tells Crowd At Pre-VMA Concert That He Should Open Big Show, Not Brit"). And according to MTV News' source, he was claiming the same thing during his tirade.

"He said, 'Brit hasn't had a hit in like 5 million years and she opens the show?!?' " the source said.

A spokesperson for West's label, Def Jam, had no comment as of press time.

Wait — don't cash out on the VMAs just yet! From Britney's sultry comeback performance to the big winners, you saw it all — well, almost everything! Get yourself even richer with our wall-to-wall show coverage, party reports, videos and loads more at www.VMA.MTV.com. For reports, photos, video and much, much more from previous VMAs, dive into the VMA archives.

Is That an actaul photo of both Kanye & 50??..or has it been photoshopped???

How tall is 50, or rather how short is Kanye??? ;D ;D

Blu Lacez

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2007, 08:10:33 AM »

Co-Sign!!!

:grumpy:

wcsoldier

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2007, 08:39:50 AM »
smh means shake my head ... Kanye needs to stop thinking he's the truth .. plus for a MTV award ? who cares about winning that shit

d-nice

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2007, 08:46:49 AM »
smh means shake my head ... Kanye needs to stop thinking he's the truth .. plus for a MTV award ? who cares about winning that shit

Yeah his ego is what stops him from winning awards IMO. Should not be about that but that is the only thing I can think of that is stopping him from winning.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2007, 08:53:34 AM »

Here we go again...

I'm not allowed to think Kanye sucks?

Shut the fuck up. Go get the new Public Enemy album. Hear what hip Hop is supposed to be. And then try and contribute something to a discussion about music. These wate of time sarcastic remarks are getting older than Infinte.