Author Topic: MTV Doesnt Care About Black People: Another Kanye Tantrum  (Read 912 times)

Elano

Re: MTV Doesnt Care About Black People: Another Kanye Tantrum
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2007, 12:24:13 AM »
He was crying even at the mtv europe awards last year  :D

Elano

« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2007, 01:16:13 AM »
The video about the mtv europe awards 

"If I don't win, the awards show loses credibility"  :D

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2007, 05:59:17 AM »
On one hand i respect the fact tha he's mad he dint win because obviously he felt he put in a lot of work and he should be reawrded. I can appreciate that being a artist myself and i appreciate the fact that he cares in a era were it seems none of these artists/rappers do.

On another hand he says fuck this pop shit well Kanye is part of the pop scene wich is short for popular culture, he's part of it and damn he helped create the scene/look hip hop's got going on right now, the mtv look.

He also need to stop with the black stuff.

" i lost to black eyed peas last year man, im never coming to mtv again" - Kanye west

classic lol

Yeah but would any real artist care about awards in general, particularly terrible awards? The Oscar's still have some credibility left but everything from the Grammys down are plagued with garbage choices. If I was a modern popular artist I'd feel better if I didn't win the Grammy,MTV award, etc.

Blu Lacez

« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2007, 06:13:36 AM »
On one hand i respect the fact tha he's mad he dint win because obviously he felt he put in a lot of work and he should be reawrded. I can appreciate that being a artist myself and i appreciate the fact that he cares in a era were it seems none of these artists/rappers do.

On another hand he says fuck this pop shit well Kanye is part of the pop scene wich is short for popular culture, he's part of it and damn he helped create the scene/look hip hop's got going on right now, the mtv look.

" i lost to black eyed peas last year man, im never coming to mtv again" - Kanye west

classic lol

Yeah but would any real artist care about awards in general, particularly terrible awards? The Oscar's still have some credibility left but everything from the Grammys down are plagued with garbage choices. If I was a modern popular artist I'd feel better if I didn't win the Grammy,MTV award, etc.

Gargabe or not, at some stage any artist who works hard and wants to acknowledgment will at some point in their career like to win an acolade..That's The way it is!!
If there was no prize, what will be the zeal, or the motivation??
You can't keep making music cuz u feel like it..the initial energy that propell the said artis to get into that kind of businss,will sizzle out at some point,futhermore at some stage, every person/artist/rapper is looking at the end of today to make a profit, be in financially or accepting an award..
I understand where you are coming from,but IMO wininng an award is the ultimate goal for every artist along with making music & keeping their fans happy!!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 06:58:53 AM by Blu Lacez »

Elano

« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2007, 06:50:55 AM »
Ok but kanye is a BIG HEAD

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2007, 06:58:40 AM »

classic lol

Gargabe or not, at some stage aany artist who works hard and wanst to acknowledge will at some point in thier career like to win an acolade..That's The way it is!!
If there was no prize, what will e the zeal, or the motivation??
You can't keep making music cuz u feel like it..the initial energy that propell the said artis to get into that kind of businss, at some stage, evey person/artist/rapper is looking at the end of today to make a profit, be in financially or accepting an award..
I understand where you are coming from,but IMO wininng an award is the ultimate goal for every artist along with making music & keeping their fans happy!!

I'm not going to pretend I know why artists become artists. I'm sure it can be very different for one than it is for another. But many artists do hate the awards and want nothing to do with them. Others just don't care much. Marlon Brando didn't even accept his second Oscar. George C Scott turned down his 1961 nomination, and in 70 when he won he said he didn't want it because he's not in competition with other actors and he called the wards show a "meat parade". Some artists just love the art.

Elano

« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2007, 01:07:41 PM »
Kanye is just so full of himself

Blu Lacez

« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2007, 02:06:23 PM »

classic lol

Gargabe or not, at some stage aany artist who works hard and wanst to acknowledge will at some point in thier career like to win an acolade..That's The way it is!!
If there was no prize, what will e the zeal, or the motivation??
You can't keep making music cuz u feel like it..the initial energy that propell the said artis to get into that kind of businss, at some stage, evey person/artist/rapper is looking at the end of today to make a profit, be in financially or accepting an award..

I'm not going to pretend I know why artists become artists. I'm sure it can be very different for one than it is for another. But many artists do hate the awards and want nothing to do with them. Others just don't care much. Marlon Brando didn't even accept his second Oscar. George C Scott turned down his 1961 nomination, and in 70 when he won he said he didn't want it because he's not in competition with other actors and he called the wards show a "meat parade". Some artists just love the art.
Well You Are Right about Awards gearing artist against themselves, but a little competition someetiems brings the best out of Pple, allbeit not the best possible way of course, they are exceptions to the rule though!!!

But on that note, props on the info about Mr Brando & C Scott , i had no idea!!
Damn those Folks, most have loved the art, and not the fame!!
Alas, not everybody can be that way, but Props On This Education Man!!

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2007, 02:14:20 PM »
Well You Are Right about Awards gearing artist against themselves, but a little competition someetiems brings the best out of Pple, allbeit not the best possible way of course, they are exceptions to the rule though!!!

I don't disagree with that. Trying your hardest to make an album better than the other guy can often make your album a lot better than it would have been. But doing it for somehting like the Grammy, or even worse the MTV award, I think will make the album worse than it would have been. Grammy's and MTV awards have a history of over lookiing what is the better album and pick the more popular album. So when an artist makes an album for the grammy he or she may be too preoccupied with trying to make a hit or cater to what the Grammy people might like that the artist may throw aside what they think is the best decision for the song and replace it with what is the best decision for the market.

Blu Lacez

« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2007, 02:18:45 PM »

I don't disagree with that. Trying your hardest to make an album better than the other guy can often make your album a lot better than it would have been.So when an artist makes an album for the grammy he or she may be too preoccupied with trying to make a hit or cater to what the Grammy people might like that the artist may throw aside what they think is the best decision for the song and replace it with what is the best decision for the market.

That's So True!!!
i Couldn't  have put it better!!!
+1
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 02:22:11 PM by Blu Lacez »

Al Bundy

« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2007, 09:07:21 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/oRJier9qlz4&amp;autoplay=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/oRJier9qlz4&amp;autoplay=0</a>