Author Topic: MTV Doesnt Care About Black People: Another Kanye Tantrum  (Read 909 times)

Blu Lacez

Re: MTV Doesnt Care About Black People: Another Kanye Tantrum
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2007, 09:11:08 AM »
smh means shake my head ... Kanye needs to stop thinking he's the truth .. plus for a MTV award ? who cares about winning that shit
aiight...Finally i know what it means!! 8) ;D ;)
+1

Yeah his ego is what stops him from winning awards IMO. Should not be about that but that is the only thing I can think of that is stopping him from winning.

I'm  inclined to think that way too about Kanye!!
It's one thing to work hard to go against the grain,but to demand credit for it as he does can go against you, and make all the hard effort he has put in a waste of time!!

Dude has talent, but it appeasr his talent is matched by his expanding eGo as well!!

Just imagine if he actually won that award,it will be non-stop EGo..crap from Him!!

d-nice

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2007, 09:15:43 AM »
He is immature. You don't go about demanding awards and throwing tantrums like a little kid. You can't demand accolades. It is always voted on by selected people. Sometimes the people that are supposed to win do, other times they don't. He should just let his music speak for itself instead of running his mouth all the time.

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2007, 09:21:22 AM »
hey Es-Jay think u shuld change the ttle..cuz Jay-z & Rihanna won best video, and they are Black.. ;)

it was actually an attempt at humour... "George Bush dont care about Black people" remember that?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 09:25:13 AM by eS-Jay »

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2007, 09:23:40 AM »
i actually feel quite sorry for him, there arent many artists putting out the quality of music he does

Me too. For the shit he calls music, while real artists create real music, to give him this giant head is kind of sad. Maybe if the guy could actually compose music and write lyrics that aren't self indulged and self obsessed nursery rhymes he would understand what real art is, and also understand that these fake awards don't mean much to real artists.

Here we go again...

I'm not allowed to think Kanye sucks?

Shut the fuck up. Go get the new Public Enemy album. Hear what hip Hop is supposed to be. And then try and contribute something to a discussion about music. These wate of time sarcastic remarks are getting older than Infinte.

Oh. Did they actually "compose music"? By the way there is no such thing as "supposed to be"... You mad?
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Paul

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2007, 09:28:50 AM »
i actually feel quite sorry for him, there arent many artists putting out the quality of music he does

Me too. For the shit he calls music, while real artists create real music, to give him this giant head is kind of sad. Maybe if the guy could actually compose music and write lyrics that aren't self indulged and self obsessed nursery rhymes he would understand what real art is, and also understand that these fake awards don't mean much to real artists.

Here we go again...

Shut the fuck up. Go get the new Public Enemy album. Hear what hip Hop is supposed to be. And then try and contribute something to a discussion about music. These wate of time sarcastic remarks are getting older than Infinte.

you are allowed to think kanye sucks, thats fine but dont start saying go get the new public enemy album, whats that shit, would it be ok to think public enemy suck?
funkyfreshintheflesh

wcsoldier

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2007, 09:31:59 AM »

Here we go again...

lol you lost boy , since when PE don't use samples  ::)

-CaliKid-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ^dime^
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2007, 01:34:55 PM »

Kanye West Loses It Again, Says He'll 'Never Return To MTV': Report
Rapper is reportedly peeved his VMA performance took place in Palms suite, not on main stage.

By James Montgomery

Kanye West has never been shy about voicing his opinions, especially when it comes to awards shows.

In 2004, he walked out of the American Music Awards, claiming he was "robbed" in the Best New Artist category (see "Usher, Outkast Clean Up; Kanye Strikes Out At American Music Awards"). The following year, he promised hellfire and brimstone if his Late Registration album didn't take home the Grammy for Album of the Year (see "Kanye's At It Again: 'If I Don't Win Album Of The Year I'm Gonna Have A Problem' "). And, perhaps most famously of all, he stormed the stage at the 2006 MTV Europe Music Awards after losing the award for Video of the Year (see "Kanye Admits To Having Had A 'Sippy Sippy' [Or Two] Before EMA Rant").

And now, well, there's another outburst to add to his highlight reel.

According to several sources backstage at the 2007 MTV Video Music Awards — and a report published late Sunday night by The Associated Press — West lost it again, this time because his performance of "Stronger" took place in the Palms' Hugh Hefner Sky Villa and not on the main stage (see "Britney Spears Kicks Off Show, But VMA Night Belongs To Rihanna And Justin Timberlake").

"Kanye was watching the closing performance [a medley featuring Justin Timberlake, Timbaland and Nelly Furtado] on a closed-circuit monitor, and he started getting upset," a source who was backstage told MTV News. "He started asking anyone who'd listen why he wasn't allowed to perform on the main stage. 'Why did I perform in just a suite?' he was saying. 'Justin's my boy, but even he gets to perform in both a suite and on the main stage? Something's wrong here.' "

According to a story filed by The Associated Press, West was also upset about being shut out of all five categories he was nominated in (see "MTV VMA Race Is On: Justin Timberlake, Beyonce Lead Nominations"). He reportedly yelled, "That's two years in a row, man ... I'm trying hard, man, I have the ... #1 record, man."

AP also reported that West claimed he would "never return to MTV."

At a pre-VMA concert on Friday, West also expressed his frustration that Britney Spears would be opening the show instead of him, freestyling, "I can't believe she would perform. She hasn't had a hit record in years" (see "Kanye West Tells Crowd At Pre-VMA Concert That He Should Open Big Show, Not Brit"). And according to MTV News' source, he was claiming the same thing during his tirade.

"He said, 'Brit hasn't had a hit in like 5 million years and she opens the show?!?' " the source said.

A spokesperson for West's label, Def Jam, had no comment as of press time.

Wait — don't cash out on the VMAs just yet! From Britney's sultry comeback performance to the big winners, you saw it all — well, almost everything! Get yourself even richer with our wall-to-wall show coverage, party reports, videos and loads more at www.VMA.MTV.com. For reports, photos, video and much, much more from previous VMAs, dive into the VMA archives.

Is That an actaul photo of both Kanye & 50??..or has it been photoshopped???

How tall is 50, or rather how short is Kanye??? ;D ;D

yeah it's a real pic, from the VMA's.

Blu Lacez

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2007, 02:06:47 PM »
hey Es-Jay think u shuld change the ttle..cuz Jay-z & Rihanna won best video, and they are Black.. ;)

it was actually an attempt at humour... "George Bush dont care about Black people" remember that?
Yeah i Do!!
LMAO!!
+1

Blu Lacez

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2007, 02:14:32 PM »

Is That an actaul photo of both Kanye & 50??..or has it been photoshopped???

How tall is 50, or rather how short is Kanye??? ;D ;D

yeah it's a real pic, from the VMA's.
lol..Whoa!!!!!
That's amd!!
Did They Exchanged any heated words??
props on the info CaliKid

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2007, 03:51:19 PM »
Kanye is a dope artist but i get fed up of his tantrums and everything been down to race.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Paul

« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2007, 04:00:43 PM »
Kanye is a dope artist but i get fed up of his tantrums and everything been down to race.

that is true
funkyfreshintheflesh

Lunatic

« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2007, 04:01:03 PM »

that is true
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2007, 04:44:16 PM »
Someone show me where I said that Public Enemy didn't sample, or that hip hop was supposed to be with out samples.

Don't bother because I never said that. Just another case of stupid assumptions and conclusion jumping.

Kanye sucks because Kanye sucks. To compare his studio musician played looping with the sampling collages of the Bomb Squad is in itself stupid. Kanye praises himself as a genius, on production more so than rapping, but his rapping sucks too. His production is just run of the mill gloss with catchy loops of previously catchy pieces of music. His rapping is just a bunch of garbage about how good he is or how hard he worked to get so good.

Chuck D is a fucking monster on the mic, from lyrics, to delivery, to emotion, to rhythm, to whatever else you want to think of. Just like I can think someone sucks I can think what hip hop is supposed to sound like. And I think it's supposed to sound like hard in your face attitude that takes no prisoners, requires an aquired taste, and a desire to be free. Kanye doesn't do any of that. Chuck D did it in '87 and he's still doing it in '07. The epitome of Rock and Roll.

<a href="http://youtube.com/v/pCx5Std7mCo" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://youtube.com/v/pCx5Std7mCo</a>

Take some notes Kanye. You too 7even.

Paul

« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2007, 04:48:52 PM »
Someone show me where I said that Public Enemy didn't sample, or that hip hop was supposed to be with out samples.

Don't bother because I never said that. Just another case of stupid assumptions and conclusion jumping.

Kanye sucks because Kanye sucks. To compare his studio musician played looping with the sampling collages of the Bomb Squad is in itself stupid. Kanye praises himself as a genius, on production more so than rapping, but his rapping sucks too. His production is just run of the mill gloss with catchy loops of previously catchy pieces of music. His rapping is just a bunch of garbage about how good he is or how hard he worked to get so good.

Chuck D is a fucking monster on the mic, from lyrics, to delivery, to emotion, to rhythm, to whatever else you want to think of. Just like I can think someone sucks I can think what hip hop is supposed to sound like. And I think it's supposed to sound like hard in your face attitude that takes no prisoners, requires an aquired taste, and a desire to be free. Kanye doesn't do any of that. Chuck D did it in '87 and he's still doing it in '07. The epitome of Rock and Roll.

<a href="http://youtube.com/v/pCx5Std7mCo" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://youtube.com/v/pCx5Std7mCo</a>

imo every song on kanyes new album is better than that song, and i dont even like kanye west that much :-\
funkyfreshintheflesh

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2007, 04:58:55 PM »

imo every song on kanyes new album is better than that song, and i dont even like kanye west that much :-\

imo you don't know the first thing about rap.