Author Topic: MTV Doesnt Care About Black People: Another Kanye Tantrum  (Read 910 times)

thisoneguy360

Re: MTV Doesnt Care About Black People: Another Kanye Tantrum
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2007, 05:01:52 PM »
I love his music but the guy acts like a 6 year old way too much

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2007, 06:50:50 PM »
Man flavor flav is ridiculous, that's the first note to take from that clip. How can a nearly 50 year-old, sane person ... ah, fuck it. And stop saying HipHop is Rock and Roll, it annoys me.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

everlast1986

« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2007, 07:08:27 PM »
Public Enemys new album >>> Kanyes new shit even though I can't argue that with todays standards, production on Kanyes album is fantastic

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2007, 07:08:32 PM »
lol,exactly why i cant take dude serious

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2007, 07:16:57 PM »
Attempting to compare PE and Kanye is disgusting. 

Kanye=crybaby, horrible rapper, overrated producer, and ostentatious fag, among other things.

Chuck D=intelligent being, good rapper, trend setter, motivational speaker, and down to earth person, among other things.

These two are not even close to being in the same category, as artists or otherwise.

I'm glad Kanye lost again.  It's good to see him making an ass out of himself annually.

BuddenzNasir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2007, 08:53:44 PM »
Someone show me where I said that Public Enemy didn't sample, or that hip hop was supposed to be with out samples.

Don't bother because I never said that. Just another case of stupid assumptions and conclusion jumping.

Kanye sucks because Kanye sucks. To compare his studio musician played looping with the sampling collages of the Bomb Squad is in itself stupid. Kanye praises himself as a genius, on production more so than rapping, but his rapping sucks too. His production is just run of the mill gloss with catchy loops of previously catchy pieces of music. His rapping is just a bunch of garbage about how good he is or how hard he worked to get so good.

Chuck D is a fucking monster on the mic, from lyrics, to delivery, to emotion, to rhythm, to whatever else you want to think of. Just like I can think someone sucks I can think what hip hop is supposed to sound like. And I think it's supposed to sound like hard in your face attitude that takes no prisoners, requires an aquired taste, and a desire to be free. Kanye doesn't do any of that. Chuck D did it in '87 and he's still doing it in '07. The epitome of Rock and Roll.

<a href="http://youtube.com/v/pCx5Std7mCo" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://youtube.com/v/pCx5Std7mCo</a>

Take some notes Kanye. You too 7even.

imo every song on kanyes new album is better than that song, and i dont even like kanye west that much :-\

imo you don't know the first thing about rap.

Agreed shadow...

wtf kanye is an AWEFUL "emcee" or rapper whatever you want to label him. I'll take him as a producer any day, but for fuck sakes....he's cant spit anything nice. Atleast when comparing to chuck d....or in general really.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2007, 10:03:31 PM »
I like Kanye.  I think he's contributed a lot to Hip Hop these days.  I do think some of his samples are way too easy, ie uses songs / breaks that are too recognizeable.   But he's def made some joints over the last 5 years that I fuckin love and bump the shit out of.  I respect him for rapping and producing, for not being afraid to be himself, and for being one of the most creative mainstream acts today.

As for Public Enemy, anybody that says anything negative about those dudes needs to check themselves.  They're teflon, untouchable.  Revolutionary.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2007, 06:07:06 AM »
Man flavor flav is ridiculous, that's the first note to take from that clip. How can a nearly 50 year-old, sane person ... ah, fuck it. And stop saying HipHop is Rock and Roll, it annoys me.

Stop implying that it's not Rock and Roll and I'll stop saying it.

When someone can explan to me why Evlis Presley's Sun Sessions, The Beatles' Sgt. Peppers, Jim Hendrix's Are You Experienced, Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon, Bob Dylan's Blood on the Tracks, Bruce Springsteen's Born To Run, Van Halen's 1984, Guns n Roses Appetite For Destruction, Nirvana's Nevermind, and The Hold Steady's Boys and Girls in America can all be considered Rock and Roll but Fear of a Black Planet cannot I'll stop saying rap is rock and roll.

You Ain't Shit

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DPGC-WSCG-4LIFE
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2007, 07:07:43 AM »
dude is a homo

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2007, 01:40:29 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070911/ap_en_mu/people_kanye_west
lol,at this dude,gettin all emotional and shit

Al Bundy

« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2007, 02:43:17 PM »
Someone show me where I said that Public Enemy didn't sample, or that hip hop was supposed to be with out samples.

Don't bother because I never said that. Just another case of stupid assumptions and conclusion jumping.

Kanye sucks because Kanye sucks. To compare his studio musician played looping with the sampling collages of the Bomb Squad is in itself stupid. Kanye praises himself as a genius, on production more so than rapping, but his rapping sucks too. His production is just run of the mill gloss with catchy loops of previously catchy pieces of music. His rapping is just a bunch of garbage about how good he is or how hard he worked to get so good.

Chuck D is a fucking monster on the mic, from lyrics, to delivery, to emotion, to rhythm, to whatever else you want to think of. Just like I can think someone sucks I can think what hip hop is supposed to sound like. And I think it's supposed to sound like hard in your face attitude that takes no prisoners, requires an aquired taste, and a desire to be free. Kanye doesn't do any of that. Chuck D did it in '87 and he's still doing it in '07. The epitome of Rock and Roll.

<a href="http://youtube.com/v/pCx5Std7mCo" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://youtube.com/v/pCx5Std7mCo</a>

that beat sucks ass and the song doesn't even sound mastered. great example  ::)

Elano

« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2007, 04:04:39 PM »
Kanye West yelling backstage at 2007 VMA
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 04:07:35 PM by Elano »

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2007, 04:38:27 PM »

that beat sucks ass and the song doesn't even sound mastered. great example  ::)

Why does the song have to sound so polished? What are you some kind of homo?

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2007, 04:51:34 PM »
That PE track is shit hot, +1 for the link Shallow.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2007, 12:14:50 AM »
On one hand i respect the fact tha he's mad he dint win because obviously he felt he put in a lot of work and he should be reawrded. I can appreciate that being a artist myself and i appreciate the fact that he cares in a era were it seems none of these artists/rappers do.

On another hand he says fuck this pop shit well Kanye is part of the pop scene wich is short for popular culture, he's part of it and damn he helped create the scene/look hip hop's got going on right now, the mtv look.

He also need to stop with the black stuff.

" i lost to black eyed peas last year man, im never coming to mtv again" - Kanye west

classic lol