Author Topic: Wu-Tang Inspired By Beatles, Clinton, ODB On New Album  (Read 74 times)

Damien J.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Wu-Tang Inspired By Beatles, Clinton, ODB On New Album
« on: September 10, 2007, 11:52:26 AM »
George Harrison's son Dhani and funk legend George Clinton are among the guests on the Wu-Tang Clan's first album in six years, "The 8 Diagrams," due Nov. 13 via Wu Music Group/Loud/ SRC/Universal.

Billboard.com previewed eight unmastered tracks from the project today (Sept. 7), including "My People Gently Weeps," which features Harrison and an interpolation of the Beatles' "While My Guitar Gently Weeps." Clinton pops up on the fast, old-school-sounding "Wolves," a showcase for group member U-God.

Producer RZA's trademark dark, symphonic samples are at the core of "Weak Spot" and "Thug World," the latter of which also features a number of his memorable lyrics ("I love my b*tches like Chachi loved Joanie / f*cked 200 p*ssies but I still feel lonely").

Raekwon adds grit to "Watch Your Mouth" ("I'm from a boulevard where n*ggers get jacked and peed on"), while Method Man is showcased on the soulful head-nodder "They Want To Stick Me for My Riches." On "Take It Back," the group raps about reasserting its hip-hop dominance, with Method Man noting, "Before you even had a name, you was screaming Wu-Tang."

The album includes a tribute to the late Ol' Dirty Bastard, "Life Changes," highlighted by heartfelt couplets from GZA: "Now I'm in the booth 10 feet from where he lay dead / I think about him on this song and what he might have said."

Having just completed a summer tour on Monday at Seattle's Bumbershoot festival, Wu-Tang is expected to play additional shows before the end of the year in support of the new album. Ghostface Killah will also be on the road in October and November with the Hip Hop Live! Tour, featuring Rakim, Brother Ali and the Rhythm Roots All Stars.

This report is provided by Billboard.com
Yo! Raps - The Game Belongs To Us | www.yoraps.com