Author Topic: Anyone Know Where I Can Watch The VMA's On The Internet?  (Read 229 times)

AnybodyKilla

Anyone Know Where I Can Watch The VMA's On The Internet?
« on: September 10, 2007, 07:13:07 PM »
Mtv.com wont let me watch it cause im in Canada, so any1 know some other site i can watch it at? Thanks!!!

everlast1986

Re: Anyone Know Where I Can Watch The VMA's On The Internet?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 08:29:32 PM »
why don't they let you watch it in Canada? thats wack!! its probably best they don't anyways though shit was beyond horrible

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 08:50:59 PM »
why don't they let you watch it in Canada? thats wack!! its probably best they don't anyways though shit was beyond horrible

Haha damn i wanna watch it lol!!!

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 08:59:33 PM »
Up!!!

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 05:08:10 AM »
[Edit]Apparently you can watch it on MTV.ca. Even I can, he he. :D So you won't really need the advice below anymore, but peep it anyway. It comes in handy in similar situations where the content ISN'T available elsewhere like it apparently is now. Ha ha, my bad, I should've checked before posting this. :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can view it on MTV.com if you tweak your browsers proxy setting. By doing that you'll trick websites into thinking that you're coming from the country the proxy is in. You'll find a list of USA proxies here: http://www.aliveproxy.com/us-proxy-list/

Go to preferences in your browser and locate the proxy setting. If you have it set to automatic, just change it to manual and type in the new info and change the shit back to automatic once you're done. If it's already on manual, copy the old settings somewhere before you change them, and afterwards change them back.

The proxies are listed like this:

128.208.4.199:8888

The first part (128.208.4.199) is the proxy address. The second part (8888) is the port (or gateway, forget what is was in English).

Type in the address and the port/gateway number and hit OK. Done! Now your web traffic is re-routed and servers will think you're coming from the US.

Take notice though: your net speed may suffer. If it slows down too much, try another proxy. Since you're in Canada I don't think it'll affect you much, but anyway. For reference though - I'm in Finland and I've watched live concerts over the net through a proxy without a hitch. It's just a matter of finding a good one.

A hint: I use Firefox for my web browsing, but when ever I need those proxy tricks I use IE. That way I can keep the USA proxy setting in IE (so it's always ready) and my default settings in Firefox. So if you've got two browsers (since you can't get rid of IE, I do), you can do this too.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 05:29:07 AM by T-Dogg »

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007, 05:10:04 AM »
Oh and I think the show was worth a viewing. The performances were good IMO, minus Britney's worn-out ho performance.

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2007, 06:11:11 AM »
when i was in America (03) they repeated the VMAs every day for a week... do you own a tv johnny?

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2007, 06:57:36 AM »
^^
They said they aren't going to re-run it, it was supposedly a "one time only" broadcast.

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2007, 08:52:34 AM »
^^
They said they aren't going to re-run it, it was supposedly a "one time only" broadcast.

well shut my mouth... or stop me typing.

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2007, 04:22:11 PM »
when i was in America (03) they repeated the VMAs every day for a week... do you own a tv johnny?

Im in Canada and yes i do!!!

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2007, 04:24:25 PM »
[Edit]Apparently you can watch it on MTV.ca. Even I can, he he. :D So you won't really need the advice below anymore, but peep it anyway. It comes in handy in similar situations where the content ISN'T available elsewhere like it apparently is now. Ha ha, my bad, I should've checked before posting this. :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can view it on MTV.com if you tweak your browsers proxy setting. By doing that you'll trick websites into thinking that you're coming from the country the proxy is in. You'll find a list of USA proxies here: http://www.aliveproxy.com/us-proxy-list/

Go to preferences in your browser and locate the proxy setting. If you have it set to automatic, just change it to manual and type in the new info and change the shit back to automatic once you're done. If it's already on manual, copy the old settings somewhere before you change them, and afterwards change them back.

The proxies are listed like this:

128.208.4.199:8888

The first part (128.208.4.199) is the proxy address. The second part (8888) is the port (or gateway, forget what is was in English).

Type in the address and the port/gateway number and hit OK. Done! Now your web traffic is re-routed and servers will think you're coming from the US.

Take notice though: your net speed may suffer. If it slows down too much, try another proxy. Since you're in Canada I don't think it'll affect you much, but anyway. For reference though - I'm in Finland and I've watched live concerts over the net through a proxy without a hitch. It's just a matter of finding a good one.

A hint: I use Firefox for my web browsing, but when ever I need those proxy tricks I use IE. That way I can keep the USA proxy setting in IE (so it's always ready) and my default settings in Firefox. So if you've got two browsers (since you can't get rid of IE, I do), you can do this too.

Thanks man but wheres browser and preferences LOL, wtf?

« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 05:59:59 PM by johnny1000 »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2007, 06:06:51 PM »
Shoot yourself in the head and you just might see it in hell...

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2007, 06:52:03 PM »
Shoot yourself in the head and you just might see it in hell...

Wtf? Hahaha u fucked up bi polar fuck lmaoooooo!!!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2007, 11:29:41 PM »
Johnny was thinking about doing it.

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2007, 12:32:44 AM »
Johnny was thinking about doing it.

LMAO!!!