Author Topic: Rumor article about why Raekwon didn't sign with the Math  (Read 148 times)

wcsoldier

Rumor article about why Raekwon didn't sign with the Math
« on: September 11, 2007, 11:38:29 AM »

http://www.unkut.com/2007/09/inside-the-raekwonaftermath-deal/

According to someone involved in bringing the Raekwon deal to Aftermath:

“The Raekwon album came in done. It’s finished! It’s a finished record. Dre did two records, we were doing the deal, and during the deal the Christmas break came. We took a break for two weeks - came back - Dre acted like we never spoke! I was like ‘Alright, this Raekwon thing…’ and he’s like “Nah, I ain’t fuckin’ with that no more”. And that was it! He turned it off. Boom! Just like that. The thing about it also, is he’s very busy with Detox. I guess over the break he got excited about doing Detox again, so when he came back and they started talking about Raekwon, he was “Nah, I wanna do this” and everything changed. As Dre’s interest shifts, the whole label has to shift. So of you’re working on a project, for instance, you’re an A&R and you’re doing something and he’s excited about it, and then he’ll just wake-up one day and be like “Yo, I wanna do this“, and he’s a very creative guy - and creative people are like that, they’ll be like “Nah, I don’t wanna do that anymore” - but he doesn’t realize it’s like a hurricane for the little guys! When he changes his mind he’s just changed fifteen lives! Even down to the engineers. I’m pretty sure he’s not doing it like “Fuck everybody”, but I don’t think he sees how deep the effects run. The saying at Aftermath is they don’t put out independent movies - they only put out blockbusters. Not saying that they didn’t think Rae’s record was gonna be a blockbuster, but Dre decided he was gonna work on his blockbuster at the time. It was like “Hold on a second!” and Raekwon ain’t used to holdin’ on! “Hold on? For what? Fuck you, I’m outta here!”

BritneySpears

Re: Rumor article about why Raekwon didn't sign with the Math
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 11:53:43 AM »
 :banana_trippin:

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Rumor article about why Raekwon didn't sign with the Math
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 11:54:16 AM »
maybe the roids gettin to dre's brain like it be doin to Curtis...say no to drugs homies.