Author Topic: iPod Nano or iPod Touch ?  (Read 113 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
iPod Nano or iPod Touch ?
« on: September 11, 2007, 10:47:26 AM »
Which one do you recomend ?

E. J. Rizo

Re: iPod Nano or iPod Touch ?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 10:58:06 AM »
depends on what you are using it for... the NANO is TINY...  i seen them in person this weekend... SUPER SMALL...

touch well not so much more like the size of an iphone which isnt really big but alot bigger than the nano...

also remember since its touch screen there is no tactile feedback meaning it will be hard to skip a track while its in your pocket as you have to take it out and acctually see where you are pressing.

now for the plus of the touch...

as an iphone owner... its absolutely amasing!!..

the interface is beautiful and works so well... and it having WiFi and the safari internet browser is a big plus for those times you need to get online in a hotzone...

and the nanos have two version 4gig for$150 and 8 gig for $200 and the Touch comes with 8gig $300 and 4 gig $400

if you just want music and thats all then go with the nano but if you want video and internet and pictures and other stuff along with your music go with the touch.

anyway let me know if you need any more info

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 11:10:08 AM »
Thanks man.

I think Ima go with Nano (8gb). I dont think Touch is really good for me, since Im from Europe and dont have those special internet connections. Plus Im on the internet too much as it is and I dont really see the point of having video, just doesnt seem pratical. If anyone has any thoughts about the video function and its pratical usage, please share, because the video is the only thing thats keeping me not buy Nano 100%.

BTW Gb sounds enough but still not perfcet and 30 sounds too much; dont they have like maybe 15 or 20 gb ?

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 11:12:37 AM »
Thanks man.

I think Ima go with Nano (8gb). I dont think Touch is really good for me, since Im from Europe and dont have those special internet connections. Plus Im on the internet too much as it is and I dont really see the point of having video, just doesnt seem pratical. If anyone has any thoughts about the video function and its pratical usage, please share, because the video is the only thing thats keeping me not buy Nano 100%.

BTW Gb sounds enough but still not perfcet and 30 sounds too much; dont they have like maybe 15 or 20 gb ?
they only have a 16gb touch and a 80gb classic which is $250 by the way and its great as well

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 11:18:59 AM »
i'm going to wait til next year or whenever the ipod touch has more than 16 GB. i need at least  60

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2007, 11:22:39 AM »
Thanks EJ Rizzo.

But seriously somebody explain to me what is the point of having video on your mp3 player. a) the screen is small as hell b) it probably eats your battery c) where and when would you even watch it ? Not on the bus, because its too crowded; obviously not at home, since you have bigger screens...

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2007, 11:29:14 AM »
at, school, at work, long trips, in the bathroom when your taking a shit...ect. ect. ect.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2007, 11:32:03 AM »
Touch is definetly out for me but now Im thinking about iPod classic. If I got it right, the only negateive thing compared to Nano is, that its bigger, while on the other hand the plus is that you can have 80gb and its basically the same price.

So, Nano or Classic ?

Snoopafly86

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2007, 11:42:43 AM »
i'm old school still got the ipod mini 4GB 8)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2007, 11:51:05 AM »
Im 99% in buying the Classic. 80 GB for 40 more dollars then the 8GB Nano and 60 less than the 8Gb touch. Plus Ive heard that Nano is basically too small and unpratical.

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2007, 01:27:51 PM »
Im 99% in buying the Classic. 80 GB for 40 more dollars then the 8GB Nano and 60 less than the 8Gb touch. Plus Ive heard that Nano is basically too small and unpratical.
that nano is really nice but i would prob shoot for the classic too... especially if you need more space....

just keep in mind the reason space is so low on both the nano and touch is because it is flash memory while on the classic they are still using hard drives... but a classic does seem like the one to fill your gap that you need between both the nano and the touch.. and besides the screen on the classic is big enough to enjoy a show or movie here or there... of course on the iphone or ipod touch its freakin awsome but thats another story like you said... when do i really use the videos? to be honest its when maybe takin a shit or waiting at like my barber shop when none of my friends are around and shit...but not very many other times... id go with the Classic for ya

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2007, 02:38:48 PM »
Yeah, Ima go for classic. Props for all the info and help man :)

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2007, 02:47:13 PM »
i'm old school still got the ipod mini 4GB 8)

"I get iPod, he only get iPod Mini. Everybody know it for girls!"  ;D

:D

On the real though.. I got that iPod nano, 2gb only. Got it two years ago, when they came out.. It's a good player.

kemizt