Author Topic: 50 Cent officially calling it quits  (Read 1231 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
50 Cent officially calling it quits
« on: September 12, 2007, 03:07:05 PM »
BISD will be released with no promotion, then greatest hits and its over. This interview was created on Friday, so its not based on the first day sales or anything, he just dont wanna do it anymore:

http://www.str8hiphop.com/node/4141

Lunatic

Re: 50 Cent officially calling it quits
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 03:08:41 PM »
He's Lying.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 03:12:51 PM »
I dont think so. Lets not forget that he is 32 years old and the career of a rapper is short, especially for him, he blew up when he was already 28.

So basically that means, that he releases BISD in 08 and greatest hits in 09, when he'll be 34. Then maybe another album when hes 36,37 and thats it.

He got what he came for, the money of course. He said hes really enjoying shooting movies, so hes probably gonna follow LL's steps.

Lunatic

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 03:16:20 PM »
^ But BISD defanitely won't be released with no promotion..remember it'll be on interscope

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 03:18:40 PM »
Interscope aint doing shit anyways, 50 says that always follow what he does and not create anything themselves. So, 50 just wont do anything and Interscope will do what they do the best= being lost.

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007, 03:19:18 PM »
Hmmn, I believe he mite retire but all this shit bout not promoting BISD is all bullshit to me, y wud interscope even bother to release it ??? I mean we all saw wot happened to Curtis after its singles bombed back in may...

*EDIT* On a side note i hope BISD sounds like that Smile (i'm Leaving) track, uno the more soulful beats, with 50 actually spitting bout something...
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 03:23:53 PM by Makaveli's Food & Liquor Loves Them G.R.I.T.S »

Lunatic

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2007, 03:19:38 PM »
Interscope aint doing shit anyways, 50 says that always follow what he does and not create anything themselves. So, 50 just wont do anything and Interscope will do what they do the best= being lost.
Think about that dog..Interscope'll probably shelve it then :-\

why would would they wanna release an album (that most likely cost alot to make) with NO promotion :-\

Matty

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2007, 03:20:23 PM »
if he can't put out anything better than curtis for his next lp he'd be better off calling it quits already. curtis was a poor effort considering the resources that 50 has and the music he has previously put out...you can't have a 50 cent project with no heated singles...and teaming up with tim and jt doesn't count 50 should easily be able to get spins everywhere with something more street credible :I

Blu Lacez

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2007, 03:21:14 PM »
BISD will be released with no promotion, then greatest hits and its over. This interview was created on Friday, so its not based on the first day sales or anything, he just dont wanna do it anymore:

http://www.str8hiphop.com/node/4141

Damn!!
Music, well The Rap Scene sure gon be empty without Him Around..
He came, Disrupted MTV/RAP/Other Mcs, now he is making plans for His Exist

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2007, 03:37:57 PM »
50 should easily be able to get spins everywhere with something more street credible :I

Apparantley, I Get Money gets played like crazy in every club in USA, not to mention that literally everybody freestyled over it. With the right push, it could be gigantic but Interscope leaked AYO, which is another reason why hes pissed at them.

@ Lunatic, as far as I know, artists pay out of their own pocket for producer and studio time, plus 50s albums arent really high budget, 3\4 of producers is unkown cats. And after 50 told Iovine to go fuck himself, I doubt that hes that fond of him anymore. If anyone can pull the no promotion thing, its 50.

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2007, 03:43:26 PM »
I dont think so. Lets not forget that he is 32 years old and the career of a rapper is short, especially for him, he blew up when he was already 28.

So basically that means, that he releases BISD in 08 and greatest hits in 09, when he'll be 34. Then maybe another album when hes 36,37 and thats it.

He got what he came for, the money of course. He said hes really enjoying shooting movies, so hes probably gonna follow LL's steps.

Exactly what i was gonna say lol!!!

Matty

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2007, 03:58:19 PM »
i get money is good but i'd expect something even bigger and better and just a tad more radio friendly from 50 to push his album. in da club/outta control remix > any other 50 single. yup, its gotta come from dre pretty much, although he still nailed it with disco inferno and candy shop on the massacre in terms of of club/radio spins...

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2007, 04:02:36 PM »
i hope hes quitting..... my ears would love that

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2007, 04:13:19 PM »
Lol Jay-Z said the same thing about "The Black Album".
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2007, 05:30:55 PM »
Man mainstream rappers say this all the time. But in the end they never really quit for good. The only reason why not many active rappers are in the 40s is cause mainstream rap is a fairly new thing. BISD will not be his last album. Take that to the bank son.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin