Author Topic: 50 Cent officially calling it quits  (Read 1191 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: 50 Cent officially calling it quits
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2007, 02:00:40 PM »
But wait a second, youre talking like 50 flopped. Thats crazy, last time I checked hes on a pace to do 550.000-600.000, which will be the highest first week sales in a long time (of course with Kanye most likely suprasing him). The problem is that 50 is dissapointed with anything less than 1.14 mill, he said that Massacre was a flop in his eyes, since he wanted to outdo GRODT. So, to say that nobody is interested in him is just plain reaching.

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2007, 02:07:14 PM »
And you in particular have been incredibly brainwashed by big labels and mainstream rap. 
But wait a second, youre talking like 50 flopped. Thats crazy, last time I checked hes on a pace to do 550.000-600.000, which will be the highest first week sales in a long time (of course with Kanye most likely suprasing him). The problem is that 50 is dissapointed with anything less than 1.14 mill, he said that Massacre was a flop in his eyes, since he wanted to outdo GRODT. So, to say that nobody is interested in him is just plain reaching.
:whistle:

d-nice

« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2007, 02:12:45 PM »
Timbo - Quit blaming Interscope for 50's failures.  Yes I fucking hate Interscope, and yeah they fuck up their releases, but so does every other mainstream label these days.  I would have no clue of albums from UGK, Devin, WC, etc etc etc if it weren't for me being on the net.  Those guys are still doing it and are still making good music.

But I still copped those albums BECAUSE THEY MAKE GOOD MUSIC.  If 50 made good music, I'd cop his too.  Bottom line is, 50 fell the fuck off as soon as "The Massacre" dropped. 

50 played the exploitation game with mainstream rap - exploit the shit out of whatever is hot, burn it to the nth degree, completely oversaturate the market so as to milk every fucking dollar.  And then do it again and again until you're completely irrelevant. 

Well now, 50 is getting a rude awakening that nobody likes him, his whole gimmick is completely played out, and nobody is interested anymore (relatively speaking).  Rather than admit to any of that, he's resorting to blaming every one else.

And you in particular have been incredibly brainwashed by big labels and mainstream rap.  You parrot shit like "yeah a rappers shelf life is x".  And you believe it because that is what all of these labels say to cover their ass when one of their big names doesn't sell anymore.  It's never because said artist is no longer hungry, it's whatever reason is convenient. 

How is Dr. Dre's shelf life?  Outkast?  UGK?  Jay-Z? 

You know who has these small as shelf lives?  DISPOSABLE, NO TALENT, ALL GIMMICK RAPPERS...Mims, Soulja Boy, D4L, pretty much anybody you see on BET/MTV/Terrestrial Radio. When labels and "artists" (term used loosely) propagate music that caters to trends, then said "artist" is only as relevant as the trendy shit they're spewing.  That's the game they play - they make some money for a minute, but they are instantly irrelvant as soon as that one trick show has been used up.

And for the record, no one should believe a fucking word that comes outta 50's mouth.  That bitch is reachin to keep his name relevant that he'll say anything to anyone who will listen.  ITS ALL HYPE.  50's word means absolutely nothing.

Good point. I do think Interscope did do some things wrong as far as promotion, but the thing that kills me about 50 is he talks like he has everything figured out. His marketing antics have become so predictable, the only difference this time is Kanye recognized it and used it to his advantage. I think the sign that this album would be different was how lukewarm the response was to Str8 2 Da Bank and Amusement Park. That and how G-Unit has been doing post GRODT Soundtrack.

ai002h

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2007, 02:34:49 PM »
50 came into this for the money, and he's now filthy rich, arguably right there with Diddy and Jay as the richest in the hip hop game. So I could see him losing motivation to be in the rap game since his only motivation (money) is no longer there. But if he did "quit" we all know like Jay he'll come back because after money the only thing 50 cares for is attention, and he'll begin to miss not having it.

Sikotic™

« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2007, 03:23:44 PM »
He better fuckin quit.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2007, 05:36:37 PM »

Well now, 50 is getting a rude awakening that nobody likes him, his whole gimmick is completely played out, and nobody is interested anymore (relatively speaking).  Rather than admit to any of that, he's resorting to blaming every one else.

And again, you're missing the point.  You've been brainwashed into believing that 1st week sales justify that the album is good or not.  I don't know what 50's albums have pushed historically in the 1st week.  I do know that his music has gotten predominantly worse as time went on.  Blame his decreasing sales on illegal downloads, on Interscope, on Kanye, blah blah blah.  If he was dropping quality shit, cats would continue to support it.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2007, 05:40:42 PM »
Rappers are like Wrestlers when it comes to retiring.... they always come back ....

However, Rap is like the Mafia.... you never truly leave until you are pushed out.... lol.
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

WestCoasta

« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2007, 11:05:10 PM »
he was on Howard Stern today, he said he was just fuckin around when he said that

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2007, 02:51:51 AM »
lol at all these discussions. The only reasing 50 is saying all these things is to futher promote his album.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2007, 12:11:05 PM »
Fuckin' old ass Melle Mel is coming out with a CD, LL is prone to the comeback every 2-3 years, and even Big Daddy Kane and Rakim have attempted comebacks, I doubt 50's done.

4dgspot

• 'G'
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2007, 02:30:24 PM »
young buck is the best in g unit