Author Topic: Post tracks wit History on them.  (Read 1643 times)

IKnowEverything

Re: Post tracks wit History on them.
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2007, 06:19:31 PM »
Lil Wayne - I Miss My Dawgs

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2007, 03:44:54 PM »
Propz ya'll. Gonna check it.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2007, 03:57:22 PM »
Just a mix of songs.

And well now my fuckin' speakers ain't workin' so I can't check the songs out right at this very moment, but if they got real life speeches from people, than yeah homie. I appreciate it alot!

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2007, 04:11:17 PM »
Lil Wayne - I Miss My Dawgs
LOl your joking right?

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2007, 04:12:03 PM »
LOL Raide, it's all good homie. Thanks a fuckin' lot!

Blu Lacez

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2007, 04:56:33 PM »
2pac-The Track from Makaveli 7 Day Theory, the one with a speech from the leader of the Black Panter..talkin bout "this nation was made By White PPle,for White PPle"..never seem to remember the name of that Trck!!

hold ya head i think...
yes its Hold ya head
Props!!
+1

Sikotic™

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2007, 06:03:16 PM »
Any Papoose track because that nigga is history.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2007, 06:08:29 PM »
Immortal Technique- Fuck the Government ( Beat is hard, Bush speeches, straight to the point) --> http://www.zshare.net/audio/37625757ece3c8/

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2007, 02:37:28 PM »
2pac "White Man's World" off his Machevelli album.

Has a segment from the movie "Malcolm X" directed by Spike Lee.

Malcolm X may be the greatest historical figure of American history. 

His life tells the story of America, the world, and all it's contradictions.  He went from being the great grandson of a slave, his father was a Christian preacher.  His father was killed and terrorized by the Klu Klux Klan, his mother couldn't take it after he died, went crazy, and ended up in a mental institute.  Malcolm became a ward of the state.  Was taken in by a white caregiver, went to a white school.  Was called "nigger" so many times he thought it was his name.  He was the class president, he was very smart, but he felt more like the school mascot.

Turned to a life of crime as a teenager.  Sold drugs, worked amongst the pimps, pushers, drug dealers, engaged in armed robbery.  His name was heavy in the streets.  Dated rich white women behind their husbands backs, went to prison, he was so bad in prison that the prisoners called him "Satan".  Was exposed to Islam as taught by the honorable Elijah Muhammad, turned his whole life around nearly overnight, was released from prison, and rapidly became the Nation of Islam's most popular figure, their numbers grew from 35,000 to around a million under his leadership.  Helped get many black men off drugs, and taught them about their greatness, to love themselves, to love their people and about their great history and brotherhood with Africa and Asia. 

Then he started practicing Islam as it is practiced universally from Nigeria to Indonesia by a billion people around the world.  Went to Mekkah for the great pilgrimage, Hajj, drank off the same cups as white Muslims, found brotherhood in man, wrote back to the states and said that perhaps if the white man in America learned Islam it would erase the race problem.  That once people could understand the Oneness of God (fundamental teaching of Islam) then the could understand the oneness of man.

Came back from a tour of the Middle East and Africa and was assassinated and died a martyr.

Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2007, 05:17:10 PM »
^Lol at this dude tryin to teach us history. haha

kemizt

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2007, 05:25:00 PM »
2pac "White Man's World" off his Machevelli album.

Has a segment from the movie "Malcolm X" directed by Spike Lee.

Malcolm X may be the greatest historical figure of American history. 

His life tells the story of America, the world, and all it's contradictions.  He went from being the great grandson of a slave, his father was a Christian preacher.  His father was killed and terrorized by the Klu Klux Klan, his mother couldn't take it after he died, went crazy, and ended up in a mental institute.  Malcolm became a ward of the state.  Was taken in by a white caregiver, went to a white school.  Was called "nigger" so many times he thought it was his name.  He was the class president, he was very smart, but he felt more like the school mascot.

Turned to a life of crime as a teenager.  Sold drugs, worked amongst the pimps, pushers, drug dealers, engaged in armed robbery.  His name was heavy in the streets.  Dated rich white women behind their husbands backs, went to prison, he was so bad in prison that the prisoners called him "Satan".  Was exposed to Islam as taught by the honorable Elijah Muhammad, turned his whole life around nearly overnight, was released from prison, and rapidly became the Nation of Islam's most popular figure, their numbers grew from 35,000 to around a million under his leadership.  Helped get many black men off drugs, and taught them about their greatness, to love themselves, to love their people and about their great history and brotherhood with Africa and Asia. 

Then he started practicing Islam as it is practiced universally from Nigeria to Indonesia by a billion people around the world.  Went to Mekkah for the great pilgrimage, Hajj, drank off the same cups as white Muslims, found brotherhood in man, wrote back to the states and said that perhaps if the white man in America learned Islam it would erase the race problem.  That once people could understand the Oneness of God (fundamental teaching of Islam) then the could understand the oneness of man.

Came back from a tour of the Middle East and Africa and was assassinated and died a martyr.

nice. 1+

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2007, 10:15:19 PM »
There's that wonderful speech from Dolemite about "chin nuts" in the song "Deeez Nuts" by Dr. Dre :)
lol,fuckin classic...i still laugh my ass off when i hear the shit..."Hell naw bitch you have a dick in yo mouth"

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2007, 01:05:48 AM »
A few people on this thread did not identify correctly a quote from the Machavelli album.

The quote in its entirety reads as follows, 
"this was a nation to be biult by white people and for white people, native americans, blacks, and all non-white people were to be the burden barrers for the real citizens of this nation."

This quote was identified by a few people in this thread as being from "Hold Your Head", when it actually comes to us at the end of the track "white man's world".   

"Hold Your Head" contains barely identifiable excerpts from the Spike Lee directed movie Malcolm X.  One particular clip used comes at the beggining of the track and it is from the part in the movie where they are doing roll call and each prisoner has to call out their number for the gaurd.  In the movie Malcolm refuses to call out his number and gets sent to the whole (solitary confinement).  It is there that he goes wild, due to withdrawal symptoms from the various street drugs he'd been using, curses out the Christian chaplain, and races back and forth in his solitary cell with the wildness of an animal; it was during his early days in prison that he gained the nickname Satan.  And it also should be mentioned that 2pac used this clip from a prison roll call scene in Malcolm's movie to coincide with him giving a "shout to all his homies in Clinton and Rikers Island (penitentiary)".

2pac also used a clip from the movie Malcolm X at the beggining of "White Man's World".  The clip goes as follows,

"You go bustin' your fist up against stone walls your not usin your brain, tell me, what makes you ashamed of being black?"

This clip comes from the scene in which Malcolm had just recently been released from solitary confinement, and one of the Muslim brothers in prison makes effort on him to remove the veils of ignorance from his mind and teach him knowledge of self.  So he approaches him while he is in the shower and about to put "kunk" in his hair.  Kunk is some stuff black people used to put in their hair to make it straight.  And so this Muslim brother grabs Malcolm while this kunk is burning up his hair, and before Malcolm can cool his head, the Muslim brother grans his arm, tells him to "Let it burn", and tells him it's time he gets out of the prison of his own mind.  And then comes the aforementioned line.

Now, let me go back and explain the background of the line at the end of "White Man's World".  This line (that was mistakenly identified by a few posters as coming from "Hold Your Head"), saying blacks were to be the "burden barrers", etc., is a quote from Nation of Islam minister Louis Farrakhan.  Louis Farrakhan teaches black people not to search for the American dream because the American Dream was never intended for black people.  As Malcolm once put it, "the American Dream has been our American Nightmare."  So rather, Farrakhan and the Nation of Islam argue against seeking civil rights and equality claiming that whites are no standard for them to strive towards.  But rather than seeking acceptance from the white man, they should join together with other black men and become self-sufficient, learn their righteous history and brotherhood with the Muslims of the African and Asian continent, and seek their own Nation, and that if given their own land and Nation they can achieve far greater heights then they ever could within the white man's world.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 01:19:01 AM by Abdul-Infinite Is Back »

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2007, 01:17:35 PM »
Propz ya'll again!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2007, 02:42:30 PM »
Propz ya'll again!

Nice thread, I see using hip-hop as a vehicle for expanding your knowledge on history.  I've always done the same thing.