Author Topic: So, (after college ends) what will you do for a living ?  (Read 1002 times)

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: So, (after college ends) what will you do for a living ?
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2007, 12:06:49 AM »
I'm following a master's degree for psychologist.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2007, 01:00:13 AM »
lol @ NIK thinking he isn't going to need college.

it's called the collapse of the middle class in this society. you're going to have  clear distinction of  the haves and the have nots

Tell that to my whole family, mostly comprised of self-made millionares with no college degree. LMAO@thinking you need college to make big cheese. :grumpy:

lol if i had multimillionare family members i wouldn't be trying to work hard either nik.....

like i said ,  yeah you can be mionare without school, but the odds are against you

The thing is, we all don't just leach off eachothers money like that. We're smart enough to each stack chips in our own, individual way...PeAcE

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2007, 05:25:34 AM »
So you get no help from your family? That's effed up. Are you an outcast to them? I mean seriously I just can't believe that. I understand them not spoiling you into a lazy good-for-nothing type of nigga, but c'mon I'm sure they got a helping hand and some green for ya.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2007, 08:00:27 AM »
Most likely webdesign/multimedia shit. I've secured an intern position for myself in a company that makes all kinds of media stuff - websites, DVD's, 3D-modeling, animation... Plus they sell this polling software & hardware they've developed, and I'd like to take a crack at being a sales rep for those things, if they give me the chance when the internship is over and if they still want me around. :laugh: It would be a cool place to work 'cause they doo many kinds of things I've studied in the university* here, and also expand upon that.

*(I don't know if they have these elsewhere, but I go to what's called a "university of applied sciences". Basically it means less books, more learning by doing. The regular universities are more of the "read books, study for theory exams, hang around the campus"-variety.)

And to go to college or not to go - different strokes for different folks. No homo. For some it's the way, some know what they want to do and how to do it without college. I think it's easier for most to get a well paying job if you get a college degree, but it certainly does not guarantee one and it certainly doesn't mean you can't get a well paying job without a degree.

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2007, 08:42:18 AM »
I'm 18 and I'm on my final year of gymnasium (it's kind of the same as senior high school as far as I know). It's an HTX (Higher Technical Exam), I don't know what I wanna do for living, but after this I'm gonna have a sabbath year where I just work and moves out in an apartment, away from my family :)

I'm probably also gonna travel a lot when I earned some money for it.

But I really have no idea what I'm gonna do for a living.

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2007, 11:04:54 AM »
it's harder without college, but it's possible to be all right.

especially if you have a hustle.

I'm gonna get a degree and teach. You know who's gonna make more money than me?

Plumbers.
Carpenters.
Locksmiths.
Construction workers.
Cabinet makers.

etc etc.

People who have physical skills/hustles^^^ don't need college.

But in this digital/lazy age, fewer and fewer people have those trades/skills so those of us who take the college path will be often paying the tile layers, house painters, plumbers and locksmiths of the world.

-T

this is quiet a misconception that all people with physical trades are making loads of money... for instant people like painters, tilers, locksmiths provide a decent service but they're line of work is limited, so the money coming in is usually round a certain figure..

Its the physical trades where you need to have gone to college that are the real big money jobs (e.g. plumbers, carpenters, electriains) because thats where the jobs are more varied and you are priced on different services (best example for instance was  today.. i had two run two pipes from a flat into a lobby hallway, took me like 40mins and worked out around £55 / 110usd's... But yesterday i did exactly the same apart from  running the pipes from the lobby into a riser (water) cupboard, and because water was involved in the job i got £68 / 136usd's and it only took me 20mins extra)

basically if your willing to work hard and do the long hours (my usual day is around 12/13 hrs) then the rewards are very pleasing.. only downside is if i dont work then i dont get paid and same for holidays too

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2007, 11:06:48 AM »

Plumbers.
Carpenters.
Locksmiths.
Construction workers.
Cabinet makers.

etc etc.

But in this digital/lazy age, fewer and fewer people have those trades/skills so those of us who take the college path will be often paying the tile layers, house painters, plumbers and locksmiths of the world.

-T

this is quiet a misconception that all people with physical trades are making loads of money... for instant people like painters, tilers, locksmiths provide a decent service but they're line of work is limited, so the money coming in is usually round a certain figure..

Its the physical trades where you need to have gone to college that are the real big money jobs (e.g. plumbers, carpenters, electriains) because thats where the jobs are more varied and you are priced on different services (best example for instance was  today.. i had two run two pipes from a flat into a lobby hallway, took me like 40mins and worked out around £55 / 110usd's... But yesterday i did exactly the same apart from  running the pipes from the lobby into a riser (water) cupboard, and because water was involved in the job i got £68 / 136usd's and it only took me 20mins extra)

basically if your willing to work hard and do the long hours (my usual day is around 12/13 hrs) then the rewards are very pleasing.. only downside is if i dont work then i dont get paid and same for holidays too

what is it that you do exactly?

props for the knowledge +1

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Lunatic

« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2007, 11:19:26 AM »
Fuck man...I'm in my last year of high school, and got no fucking clue what to do after i'm done this year :-\

i'd love to become a sports agent on the real...i think i can do it, but 2 be honest, i don't even know what path u have 2 take 2 become one :D

i'd love to go into trades, but honestly i'm in a fucked position LOL...i love to write and shit, but i ain't all that interested in going 2 college/uni...but i would most likely suck at trades, because i'm not hands on like that :-\
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2007, 11:23:17 AM »

Plumbers.
Carpenters.
Locksmiths.
Construction workers.
Cabinet makers.

etc etc.

-T

-T

Im a plumber tanj  :) .. but ive got alot of other friends in trades like carpentary, steel fixing, dry lining, plasterering, electricians etc, so i do know alot about the industry

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2007, 11:32:11 AM »

Plumbers.
Carpenters.
Locksmiths.
Construction workers.
Cabinet makers.

etc etc.

-T

-T

Im a plumber tanj  :) .. but ive got alot of other friends in trades like carpentary, steel fixing, dry lining, plasterering, electricians etc, so i do know alot about the industry

tiiight, where do you reside again?

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2007, 11:46:32 AM »
So you get no help from your family? That's effed up. Are you an outcast to them? I mean seriously I just can't believe that. I understand them not spoiling you into a lazy good-for-nothing type of nigga, but c'mon I'm sure they got a helping hand and some green for ya.

Sure, I get help, when I really need it...But like you said, I haven't been spoiled into the good-for-nothing rich kid type. My direct family isn't even multimillionaires like that, just comfortably wealthy. It's not like I don't work for what I have, like some people make it seem. Nothing was handed to me...PeACe

jeromechickenbone

Re: So, after college ends, what will you do for a living ?
« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2007, 11:49:00 AM »
College? All I know is to make money and live...

Not everybody can inherit a business homie.

You inherited a business?

hell naw, I was alluding to your parents putting you up on game.  Is that not the case?

No...who the hell told you that?

Well if your parents / family are in to real estate investing, you can't sit here and tell me they didn't put you up on game and give you money to help get you started.  I'm not trippin off that at all, I'm just saying that not everybody is in that position.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: So, after college ends, what will you do for a living ?
« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2007, 11:53:53 AM »
College? All I know is to make money and live...

Not everybody can inherit a business homie.

You inherited a business?

hell naw, I was alluding to your parents putting you up on game.  Is that not the case?

No...who the hell told you that?

Well if your parents / family are in to real estate investing, you can't sit here and tell me they didn't put you up on game and give you money to help get you started.  I'm not trippin off that at all, I'm just saying that not everybody is in that position.

Ummm, I learned the business through observing my family, but they didn't give me anything out of the ordinary. ANYONE can learn it. The most money my parents gave me at once was like 200 bux for my birthday or something. You act like I'm all special...LOL.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: September 18, 2007, 12:20:47 PM »
Yeah, I ain't gonna front. My folks gave me my car and paid for some of my college.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #59 on: September 18, 2007, 01:14:26 PM »
Well,I´m a college drop out.
I was leeching of my brother since he´s a rock star.
There was always Coke around so you know how that went....
I became a coke head,look at me now going trough garbage for a living;

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iqVC1o9KD4I" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iqVC1o9KD4I</a>

So Kids don´t do drugs!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 09:18:29 PM by tusken RAIDEr - CEO of The Dangerous Crew Movement »