Author Topic: So, (after college ends) what will you do for a living ?  (Read 990 times)

swangin and bangin

Re: So, (after college ends) what will you do for a living ?
« Reply #60 on: September 18, 2007, 01:23:11 PM »
LMAO^^^^^^

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #61 on: September 18, 2007, 02:10:35 PM »
that's why I hate Kanye. Glorifying dropping out of college and shit.

Once more I'm not saying you can't succeed without college cause you certainly can but it's like dude...there's enough young people who are teetering on that 'should i finish college or not' edge and Kanye's like "Yeah, fuck that shit." and says stupid shit like "Bush doesn't care about black people" when he could have said something BRILLIANT like "Bush doesn't care about POOR people."

fucking moron

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #62 on: September 18, 2007, 02:13:22 PM »
it's harder without college, but it's possible to be all right.

especially if you have a hustle.

I'm gonna get a degree and teach. You know who's gonna make more money than me?

Plumbers.
Carpenters.
Locksmiths.
Construction workers.
Cabinet makers.

etc etc.

People who have physical skills/hustles^^^ don't need college.

But in this digital/lazy age, fewer and fewer people have those trades/skills so those of us who take the college path will be often paying the tile layers, house painters, plumbers and locksmiths of the world.

-T

this is quiet a misconception that all people with physical trades are making loads of money... for instant people like painters, tilers, locksmiths provide a decent service but they're line of work is limited, so the money coming in is usually round a certain figure..

Its the physical trades where you need to have gone to college that are the real big money jobs (e.g. plumbers, carpenters, electriains) because thats where the jobs are more varied and you are priced on different services (best example for instance was  today.. i had two run two pipes from a flat into a lobby hallway, took me like 40mins and worked out around £55 / 110usd's... But yesterday i did exactly the same apart from  running the pipes from the lobby into a riser (water) cupboard, and because water was involved in the job i got £68 / 136usd's and it only took me 20mins extra)

basically if your willing to work hard and do the long hours (my usual day is around 12/13 hrs) then the rewards are very pleasing.. only downside is if i dont work then i dont get paid and same for holidays too

what is it that you do exactly?

props for the knowledge +1

-T

Im a plumber tanj  :) .. but ive got alot of other friends in trades like carpentary, steel fixing, dry lining, plasterering, electricians etc, so i do know alot about the industry

tiiight, where do you reside again?

-T

england, i live just outside of london

The Watcher

« Reply #63 on: September 18, 2007, 03:46:20 PM »
tradesmen here in australia are probably the most highly paid peeople in the country, they're making a fuckload of money simply because we've had a housing boom happening all over the country here for the last 6-7 years, and it shows no hope of slowing down anytime soon. kids are dropping out of highschool in year 10, making like $60-70k/year with no highschool diploma or anything
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

IKnowEverything

« Reply #64 on: September 18, 2007, 04:26:41 PM »
hustlin everyday till the rest of my life maybe do some shit on the side when i need to

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #65 on: September 19, 2007, 12:08:15 AM »
law enforcment. enuff said.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #66 on: September 19, 2007, 09:48:37 AM »
that's why I hate Kanye. Glorifying dropping out of college and shit.

Once more I'm not saying you can't succeed without college cause you certainly can but it's like dude...there's enough young people who are teetering on that 'should i finish college or not' edge and Kanye's like "Yeah, fuck that shit." and says stupid shit like "Bush doesn't care about black people" when he could have said something BRILLIANT like "Bush doesn't care about POOR people."

fucking moron

-T

He's basically just saying you don't need college to be succesful, and he's right...The system is a joke (not saying it can't help you), but many people do fall victim to it and get brainwashed into believing that going with the system is the only way in this life, and end up just wasting a nice chunk of their youth...PeACe

swangin and bangin

« Reply #67 on: September 19, 2007, 10:46:55 AM »
law enforcment. enuff said.
im disappointed

IKnowEverything

« Reply #68 on: September 19, 2007, 10:58:11 AM »
i wouldnt go to college unless fuckin UNC wanted me to play basketball for them i ain't gotta pay to learn shit when i can do it myself

swangin and bangin

« Reply #69 on: September 19, 2007, 11:00:42 AM »
i wouldnt go to college unless fuckin UNC wanted me to play basketball for them i ain't gotta pay to learn shit when i can do it myself
nigga you know everything. why would you go to college?

IKnowEverything

« Reply #70 on: September 19, 2007, 11:07:56 AM »
thats what im sayin fuck a college and a university unless theres a street doctor class but i already got that certification

jeromechickenbone

Re: So, after college ends, what will you do for a living ?
« Reply #71 on: September 19, 2007, 07:51:52 PM »
College? All I know is to make money and live...

Not everybody can inherit a business homie.

You inherited a business?

hell naw, I was alluding to your parents putting you up on game.  Is that not the case?

No...who the hell told you that?

Well if your parents / family are in to real estate investing, you can't sit here and tell me they didn't put you up on game and give you money to help get you started.  I'm not trippin off that at all, I'm just saying that not everybody is in that position.

Ummm, I learned the business through observing my family, but they didn't give me anything out of the ordinary. ANYONE can learn it. The most money my parents gave me at once was like 200 bux for my birthday or something. You act like I'm all special...LOL.

So what kind of investing do you do?  Speculative dirt purchases, improved land, residential / commercial....what?  Or do you just broker deals?  If you are buying and selling real estate there's no way in hell you came up with the equity yourself.  Even if you got 100% no doc loans (which were common over the last few years, not now though) you would have had to have your parents or someone else as a co-signer guarantor.

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #72 on: September 19, 2007, 08:54:35 PM »
Well,I´m a college drop out.
I was leeching of my brother since he´s a rock star.
There was always Coke around so you know how that went....
I became a coke head,look at me now going trough garbage for a living;

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iqVC1o9KD4I&amp;autoplay=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iqVC1o9KD4I&amp;autoplay=0</a>

So Kids don´t do drugs!

lmao..wtf is that

thisoneguy360

« Reply #73 on: September 19, 2007, 09:57:30 PM »

if you dont go to college you wont make money unless you have a rich family.

Lol whatever you say bud

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #74 on: September 19, 2007, 11:18:20 PM »

Not everybody can inherit a business homie.

You inherited a business?

hell naw, I was alluding to your parents putting you up on game.  Is that not the case?

No...who the hell told you that?

Well if your parents / family are in to real estate investing, you can't sit here and tell me they didn't put you up on game and give you money to help get you started.  I'm not trippin off that at all, I'm just saying that not everybody is in that position.

Ummm, I learned the business through observing my family, but they didn't give me anything out of the ordinary. ANYONE can learn it. The most money my parents gave me at once was like 200 bux for my birthday or something. You act like I'm all special...LOL.

So what kind of investing do you do?  Speculative dirt purchases, improved land, residential / commercial....what?  Or do you just broker deals?  If you are buying and selling real estate there's no way in hell you came up with the equity yourself.  Even if you got 100% no doc loans (which were common over the last few years, not now though) you would have had to have your parents or someone else as a co-signer guarantor.

Right now, I've been saving up money from the job I currently have...I haven't bought any land or had any homes built yet, but it's a lot more simple than you make it out to be in your head. Like I said, I learned the business from my family, of course my parents are gunna tell me what's up and do whatever. But as of now, I'm still deciding on which area specifically I'm gunna pursue in the field. I have time. It's the same concept with purchasing a shitty car, doing some work on it, and re-selling it, which I've done for years with my cousins... it's just on a much larger scale...PeACe