Author Topic: So, (after college ends) what will you do for a living ?  (Read 1000 times)

jeromechickenbone

Re: So, after college ends, what will you do for a living ?
« Reply #75 on: September 20, 2007, 12:27:58 PM »
College? All I know is to make money and live...

Not everybody can inherit a business homie.

You inherited a business?

hell naw, I was alluding to your parents putting you up on game.  Is that not the case?

No...who the hell told you that?

Well if your parents / family are in to real estate investing, you can't sit here and tell me they didn't put you up on game and give you money to help get you started.  I'm not trippin off that at all, I'm just saying that not everybody is in that position.

Ummm, I learned the business through observing my family, but they didn't give me anything out of the ordinary. ANYONE can learn it. The most money my parents gave me at once was like 200 bux for my birthday or something. You act like I'm all special...LOL.

So what kind of investing do you do?  Speculative dirt purchases, improved land, residential / commercial....what?  Or do you just broker deals?  If you are buying and selling real estate there's no way in hell you came up with the equity yourself.  Even if you got 100% no doc loans (which were common over the last few years, not now though) you would have had to have your parents or someone else as a co-signer guarantor.

Right now, I've been saving up money from the job I currently have...I haven't bought any land or had any homes built yet, but it's a lot more simple than you make it out to be in your head. Like I said, I learned the business from my family, of course my parents are gunna tell me what's up and do whatever. But as of now, I'm still deciding on which area specifically I'm gunna pursue in the field. I have time. It's the same concept with purchasing a shitty car, doing some work on it, and re-selling it, which I've done for years with my cousins... it's just on a much larger scale...PeACe

Dog, real estate is my life.  I spend 80% of my work day dealing with it.  You ain't tellin me nothin new ese.  But you say you're not getting any help financially from your parents so I'm wondering where you're getting the funds to play the game.  I know the shit inside and out.  So what kind of job do you do since you're not into investing yet?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #76 on: September 20, 2007, 02:03:20 PM »

Not everybody can inherit a business homie.

You inherited a business?

hell naw, I was alluding to your parents putting you up on game.  Is that not the case?

No...who the hell told you that?

Well if your parents / family are in to real estate investing, you can't sit here and tell me they didn't put you up on game and give you money to help get you started.  I'm not trippin off that at all, I'm just saying that not everybody is in that position.

Ummm, I learned the business through observing my family, but they didn't give me anything out of the ordinary. ANYONE can learn it. The most money my parents gave me at once was like 200 bux for my birthday or something. You act like I'm all special...LOL.

So what kind of investing do you do?  Speculative dirt purchases, improved land, residential / commercial....what?  Or do you just broker deals?  If you are buying and selling real estate there's no way in hell you came up with the equity yourself.  Even if you got 100% no doc loans (which were common over the last few years, not now though) you would have had to have your parents or someone else as a co-signer guarantor.

Right now, I've been saving up money from the job I currently have...I haven't bought any land or had any homes built yet, but it's a lot more simple than you make it out to be in your head. Like I said, I learned the business from my family, of course my parents are gunna tell me what's up and do whatever. But as of now, I'm still deciding on which area specifically I'm gunna pursue in the field. I have time. It's the same concept with purchasing a shitty car, doing some work on it, and re-selling it, which I've done for years with my cousins... it's just on a much larger scale...PeACe

Dog, real estate is my life.  I spend 80% of my work day dealing with it.  You ain't tellin me nothin new ese.  But you say you're not getting any help financially from your parents so I'm wondering where you're getting the funds to play the game.  I know the shit inside and out.  So what kind of job do you do since you're not into investing yet?

Like I said, right now, I'm saving up the funds from my job (office manager position). Most of what I'm making is being saved up for my future investments, on top of some other money that I've saved up from other small side-projects...I'm sure you know the game, so you also must know how simple it really is. There's rellish on top of all of it...PeACe

PS A smart guy without a degree >>>>>>>>>>>> a dumbass with a degree

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: So, (after college ends) what will you do for a living ?
« Reply #77 on: September 20, 2007, 03:28:02 PM »
LOL..thats some random ass shit

swangin and bangin

« Reply #78 on: September 20, 2007, 04:47:07 PM »
Well,Iīm a college drop out.
I was leeching of my brother since heīs a rock star.
There was always Coke around so you know how that went....
I became a coke head,look at me now going trough garbage for a living;

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iqVC1o9KD4I" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iqVC1o9KD4I</a>

So Kids donīt do drugs!

lmao..wtf is that

Itīs hard times,but I found this ring this other day;
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7KKvleFAeE&amp;autoplay=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/K7KKvleFAeE&amp;autoplay=0</a>

So Iīm straight for a couple of days now
LMAO!!
you crazzy doggie

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #79 on: September 20, 2007, 10:41:48 PM »
Well,Iīm a college drop out.
I was leeching of my brother since heīs a rock star.
There was always Coke around so you know how that went....
I became a coke head,look at me now going trough garbage for a living;

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iqVC1o9KD4I" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iqVC1o9KD4I</a>

So Kids donīt do drugs!

lmao..wtf is that

Itīs hard times,but I found this ring this other day;
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7KKvleFAeE" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/K7KKvleFAeE</a>

So Iīm straight for a couple of days now

I've seen a lot of weird shit over the years here at dubcc.  I'm gonna have to say this is the most random shit I've ever come across.  +1.

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #80 on: October 22, 2007, 11:52:57 PM »
lmao

WestCoasta

« Reply #81 on: October 23, 2007, 01:20:10 AM »

if you dont go to college you wont make money unless you have a rich family.

that's not true homie

I didn't go to college and in a few years I'll be well on my way to making more money than most people with college majors make

Jag86

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #82 on: October 23, 2007, 05:15:25 AM »
I want to be a teacher

So Much Style

« Reply #83 on: October 23, 2007, 08:18:20 AM »
Im currently in my 3rd year of school, majoring in hotel, restaurant, and tourism management. I am minoring in accounting. I hope to take an entry level position as a middle level management at either a ski resort, upscale hotel, or an upscale club/resort.  Hospitality + an accounting knowledge should keep me PAIIIIIIIDD
So much style back at it again

WestCoasta

« Reply #84 on: October 23, 2007, 12:18:39 PM »
I want to be a teacher

my sister's a teacher

she works so much and gets no money...

Jag86

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #85 on: October 23, 2007, 01:04:21 PM »
I want to be a teacher

my sister's a teacher

she works so much and gets no money...

yeah teachers are underpaid for sure but I think I would be really good at it

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #86 on: October 23, 2007, 03:17:17 PM »
Being a teacher's the business. And sometimes it ain't bout the money my people.

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #87 on: October 23, 2007, 05:05:18 PM »
im not sure if anyones knows for certain what they'll end up doing after college.. for example i spent my time in college doing business studies and doing pretty well init too but im now actually a plumber and im pretty happy where i am @ in life.. 21 with a profession  :)

trades are the way to goo  8)
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008