Author Topic: Cali Bud >>>>>>>>>>> Canadian Bud  (Read 477 times)

rik

Re: Cali Bud >>>>>>>>>>> Canadian Bud
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2007, 10:29:45 AM »
Also, T, it has nothing to do with hip-hop culture...It saddens me that you think like that. We're talking about the production of bud here. It's not even an argument, I posted up a video detailing how a lot of the bud grown in Canada doesn't compare. I understand your points of bud uniting us, but it's alright for people to have a discussion about which counties hold the best growing operations, and through my research and experience, I've found those counties to be Humboldt and Mendocino. The whole rock/hip-hop thing sounds like a black/white or gay/straight thing to me, which I know you're highly against, so don't even go there...PeACe

Real spit!

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2007, 11:38:03 AM »
Also, T, it has nothing to do with hip-hop culture...It saddens me that you think like that. We're talking about the production of bud here. It's not even an argument, I posted up a video detailing how a lot of the bud grown in Canada doesn't compare. I understand your points of bud uniting us, but it's alright for people to have a discussion about which counties hold the best growing operations, and through my research and experience, I've found those counties to be Humboldt and Mendocino. The whole rock/hip-hop thing sounds like a black/white or gay/straight thing to me, which I know you're highly against, so don't even go there...PeACe

I suppose, but I've never seen some rock heads like 'yeah our shits better than yours' it's more like "Yeah there is bomb in canada. we got that fire over here in Cali too."

it's not just this discussion, but rather damn near every discussion here/hip hp forums turns into a pissing contest. except i've noticed, when the conversation is mainly conducted my europeans.

it saddens you to hear me say it? it saddens me to witness it.

BUT I feel you on that in general tip. If we're speaking in generalities I don't see how any area can fuck with the west coast except maybe amsterdam. but when I say the west coast I mean oregon and washington too. they get down at LEAST as hard as Cali does with the buds.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2007, 11:46:25 AM »

I suppose, but I've never seen some rock heads like 'yeah our shits better than yours' it's more like "Yeah there is bomb in canada. we got that fire over here in Cali too."

it's not just this discussion, but rather damn near every discussion here/hip hp forums turns into a pissing contest. except i've noticed, when the conversation is mainly conducted my europeans.

BUT I feel you on that in general tip. If we're speaking in generalities I don't see how any area can fuck with the west coast except maybe amsterdam. but when I say the west coast I mean oregon and washington too. they get down at LEAST as hard as Cali does with the buds.

-T

LMAO@Washington and Oregon getting down as hard as Cali. I don't think you fully understand yet. No one is touching Cali's MMJ movement. ANYONE can produce dank bud ANYWHERE, but NorCal has cities which are known specifically for the mass production of top-of-the-shelf weed. The best growers in general operate there. And we're talking about hundreds of thousands of pounds, bro..Oregon and Washington still have a long way to go until they're seeing us in the movement...

And everything turns into a pissing contest because a lot of the posters here are dickheads, and none of them represent hip-hop...So stop trippin on the whole rock/rap tip, because I've seen rock forums with some dumbass discussions in my day. It's the PEOPLE.

Weed culture and hip-hop culture are also two different things, though weed culture is a big part of hip-hop culture, and I've seen MANY hip-hop heads unite through weed. Tanjint, you're my homie, and I just don't like to see my homies take their frustrations out on hip-hop/hip-hop culture...PeACe
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 11:47:56 AM by Now_I_Know »

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2007, 11:51:38 AM »

-T

LMAO@Washington and Oregon getting down as hard as Cali. I don't think you fully understand yet. No one is touching Cali's MMJ movement. ANYONE can produce dank bud ANYWHERE, but NorCal has cities which are known specifically for the mass production of top-of-the-shelf weed. The best growers in general operate there. And we're talking about hundreds of thousands of pounds, bro..Oregon and Washington still have a long way to go until they're seeing us in the movement...

And everything turns into a pissing contest because a lot of the posters here are dickheads, and none of them represent hip-hop...So stop trippin on the whole rock/rap tip, because I've seen rock forums with some dumbass discussions in my day. It's the PEOPLE.

Weed culture and hip-hop culture are also two different things, though weed culture is a big part of hip-hop culture, and I've seen MANY hip-hop heads unite through weed in my day. Tanjint, you're my homie, and I just don't like to see my homies take their frustrations out on hip-hop/hip-hop culture...PeACe

I meant in terms of quality not quantity as far as oregon/washington getting down at least as hard as cali. even redman was talking about the best weed is in seattle and amsterdam.

anyway, i'll give you the benefit of the doubt about the hip hop culture tip. but for the sake of discussion, not antagonism, i will continue to present my points on the matter. Look at what most hip hop is about...i'm more of a baller than you, i'm a harder g than you, bigger pimp than you...alot of the times, the best we can hope for topically out of rap is 'i'ma better rapper than you' you know? and i know the rappers/artists are having fun with it but alot of hip hop adherents take that shit to hear and exude that kind of pissing contest mentality all the time.

but yeah, i will agree that there is just as much dumb rock discussion in forums but in a different way. i see alot more blind worship of artists in rock forums but way less pissing contests and the reverse is true in the hip hop boards i've seen. so yeah, that's generalities and it really is about the people.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2007, 12:03:49 PM »
^^I bet you Redman knows less about weed than we do. The hashes and edibles in Amsterdam are killing the game, true, but the flowers in their coffee shops are not steppin to the flowers in the cannabis clubs out here, generally speaking...I dunno what kinda shit he smoked from Seattle, but there's a good chance it wasn't even grown in Seattle (NorCal or Canada seem more reasonable).

Battling is a huge part of hip-hop culture...the whole "I'm better than you" mentality came from that, and it's not really to be taken so seriously. Like you said, in the end, it's all in fun. You think rock isn't on that braggadocio tip? Think of Joe Walsh singing:

"I have a mansion, forget the price
Ain't never been there, they tell me it's nice
I live in hotels, tear out the walls
I have accountants pay for it all"

The point is, a good portion of hip-hop culture derived from rock culture, so you can't really get down on the whole genre like that. Right now, a lot of rappers out there are dumbfucks who don't deserve a mic. Same goes for musicians in every genre, but there are just currently more rappers coming out, hence more dumbfucks...The true hip-hop culture (Grandmaster Flash, Rakim, Public Enemy, NWA, 2Pac, Biggie, Mac Dre, Brotha Lynch etc. etc.) should never be looked at in the light that you're seeing it in all because of the dumbfucks. Don't let the dumbfucks ruin it for you...PeACe

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2007, 12:14:46 PM »
you right, good points.

but for the record 'life in the fast lane' and 'life's been good' by joe walsh are very conscious commentaries on where rock and music culture in general were headed. he's kind of mocking that mentality.

but yeah, rock expresses that braggadocio with competing guitar solos and stufd like that.

and it all came from old black southern bluesmen bragging about being the 'hoochie coochie man' and dope shit.

actually, if you get a chance peep Muddy Waters version of 'hoochie coochie man'...some of the dopest shit ever.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2007, 12:22:37 PM »
Props...I'll check it out.. Actually, I think I've heard that before.

rik

« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2007, 12:24:25 PM »
Joe Walsh is soooo sick!

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2007, 12:36:11 PM »
yeah it's super-famous, you may have heard it. many many covers of it exist as well.

and yeah joe walsh and the eagles also rep CA super-hard

-T

westcoastavengers.com

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2007, 12:38:30 PM »
nothin can beat OG not greatest but 1 of the best and in the 818 u can always find it

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Smoke Break

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2007, 01:15:30 PM »
The pharmacy department at Mississippi has compiled data on 59,369 samples of cannabis, 1,225 hashish samples, and 443 hash oil samples confiscated since 1975. “The highest concentration of (THC) found in a cannabis (marijuana) sample is 33.12 percent from Oregon State Police,” the report reads.
http://www.hightimes.com/ht/news/content.php?aid=3&bid=616

If you're strictly talking Medical production yeah Cali has that on lock, but beyond that Tanjint is right that its alllll about the grower. I'm in Washington and in all honesty the shit is kill, and is always locally grown; you'll find way more people taking trips from here down to Cali to sell, rather than the other way around, because it's quality and dirt cheap. And contrary to what Canadians think nobody wants the imported BC, they keep all the good shit on their side.

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2007, 09:19:39 AM »
was puffing on U2 Kush yesterday. i fuckin love that shit
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2007, 10:04:57 AM »
was puffing on U2 Kush yesterday. i fuckin love that shit

That's a great strain...Has some OG genetics, I believe.

Dr. Prestin Verbatim

• Lil Geezy
  • Education:Oxford, Heart:The Streets
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2007, 11:02:06 AM »
You ne'er-do-wells just love sitting around talking about your illegal drugs, how about you do something with your life!

Europe, europe, europe, is just like compton

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2007, 11:23:32 AM »
You ne'er-do-wells just love sitting around talking about your illegal drugs, how about you do something with your life!

Huh? It's legal...for me. 8)