Author Topic: One glaring problem with democracy nobody mentions  (Read 223 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
One glaring problem with democracy nobody mentions
« on: September 17, 2007, 10:04:44 PM »
In a democracy, the voters can vote to aquire money from the treasury. 

A politician gets elected by proposing a lofty agenda of building better schools, hospitals , and roads... of increasing the salaries of teachers and the benefits provided for veterans and senoir citizens.  Proposals to be tough on crime nationally by increasing the numbers of police on the streets and tough on "terror" by increasing the defense budget, spending more on armoured humvees for soldiers and attempting to have military bases in 100 countries around the world.                         
Then, like Bush is proposing now, they promise this grand agenda, and even offer tax cuts at the same time!

Do people, democrats and republicans not realize how ridiculous this sounds?

Ron Paul is the only rational candidate (because he is really a Libertarian).  He is rational because he states the obvious.  You can't cut taxes without cutting spending!

We want to vote for all these government programs we think will improve our lives, in short, in a democracy the people will vote to aquire money from the national treasury for things they want, and the treasury inevitably goes into debt. 
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

BANANAS

Re: One glaring problem with democracy nobody mentions
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 10:12:43 PM »
yeah bryguy, we get it. terror is just the hot issue for national politics, you got education crime jobs all as interchangeable phrases used by joe politico when he's speaking to whoever he's trying to get votes/money out of. same formula, different script. ps i was down at orchard supply the other day they got a sale on construction kneepads, allah will be pleased

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 10:15:08 PM »
I think America can afford to be in debt, because no country they owe has the armory to fuck them up for not paying back.

As to candidates promising unrealistic stuff, what else is new? Man, I've heard so much ignorant stuff in "What I'd do if I was president", and it doesn't surprise me. Most people aren't aware of how many intangibles there are. They think you can just lower the taxes, give more money to people in need, reduce tuition fees and pave new streets all at the same time and there will be no problem. You tell the blunt truth and there will be less votes, I can't blame candidates for being contrived.

And of course, democracy is not perfect... no system is.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2007, 10:18:03 PM »
Democracy is only as adept as its people who vote. So while politicians can make such crazy promises and still propose tax cuts, it is up to the people to be to realize that is this unfeasible. Unfortunately most people are too stupid or lazy to understand their country and the government that runs it.

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2007, 11:40:53 PM »
I think America can afford to be in debt, because no country they owe has the armory to fuck them up for not paying back.

As to candidates promising unrealistic stuff, what else is new? Man, I've heard so much ignorant stuff in "What I'd do if I was president", and it doesn't surprise me. Most people aren't aware of how many intangibles there are. They think you can just lower the taxes, give more money to people in need, reduce tuition fees and pave new streets all at the same time and there will be no problem. You tell the blunt truth and there will be less votes, I can't blame candidates for being contrived.

Ron Paul is the only candidate who will tell you straight up that government can't fix the problem, that all these grand and noble intentions will actually only make things worse, and the solution is to put an end to all these government programs like the war on drugs, the war in iraq, no child left behind, medicare, medicaid, humpback whale research and what ever else costs the tax payers nearly half their income.

You get government out of these things and give it back to the private sector where people decided with their own dollars what is most important to them. 

If your a zionist then be a zionist and send your own damn money to defend Israel, go and fight yourself if you want.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2007, 05:15:41 AM »

Ron Paul is the only candidate who will tell you straight up that government can't fix the problem, that all these grand and noble intentions will actually only make things worse, and the solution is to put an end to all these government programs like the war on drugs, the war in iraq, no child left behind, medicare, medicaid, humpback whale research and what ever else costs the tax payers nearly half their income.

You get government out of these things and give it back to the private sector where people decided with their own dollars what is most important to them. 

If your a zionist then be a zionist and send your own damn money to defend Israel, go and fight yourself if you want.

Well that's great but
1) Ron Paul will not become president
2) you can't just do everything the government does with the tax dollars just out of your own pocket for yourself, that's absurd
3) what's with the little man who doesn't pay much taxes to begin with... he/she gets sick, no help, no child support, nothing? that's effed up.

This system ain't perfect either. A blessing for the wealthy and wicked.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2007, 10:10:08 AM »

Well that's great but
1) Ron Paul will not become president
2) you can't just do everything the government does with the tax dollars just out of your own pocket for yourself, that's absurd
3) what's with the little man who doesn't pay much taxes to begin with... he/she gets sick, no help, no child support, nothing? that's effed up.

This system ain't perfect either. A blessing for the wealthy and wicked.

The Church will help the little man in need. ;)

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2007, 04:16:28 PM »

herpes

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2007, 06:32:34 PM »

I have a question, cut back on something like medicare and medicaid how will certain people be able to afford to take care of themselves ?  Cutting back on things like this would also include student loans.  So how is some poor kid supposed to even go to community college in a effort to do something with his or her life ?

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2007, 10:11:04 PM »
Ron Paul lives under the principal that the private market can deliver any service better then the government can. While generally true, I disagree when it comes to health care. And the government isn't the only source for student loans.

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2007, 11:10:22 PM »
Let me respond to some of the criticisms and questions above....

7even, thought that it was ridiculous to think that people would spend their money in the way the government does.  And he is exactly right, people would never be so wasteful with their own money as the government is with othe peoples money.  which is exactly why we need to get government out of our lives so we can spend our hard earned income on what is most important to us and going to add the most value to our own individual lives.  Also, 7, government in America functioned just fine the first 100 years of its existence without the 100s of government programs that interfere with our lives today, from the war on drugs, patriot act, medicare, medicaid, the government even threatened to make anti steroid laws for baseball as if that was ever a duty afforded to the government in the constitution.

The next question was about health care, and the supposed harmful ramifications of Ron Paul removing the failed government programs medicare and medicaid.

Well, if you want to know the consequences of removing medicare and medicaid then one only needs to go back 50 years into this years country before medicaid and medicare were introduced and they will see a time in which doctors could actually make house calls!  Doctors and nurses could actually do what they are supposed to be doing which is called patient care.  Do you guys know what doctors and nurses spend most of their time doing these days?  They spend their time doing buttloads of paper work to cover their asses against all the rules and regulations hospitals and nursing homes must pass to allow them to carry medicare and medicaid patients.  Doctors spend their times writing things like, "patient ate today, patient had bowel movement today, patient did not fally today".

Let me give another simple example of how government has turned health care into a beauracratic nightmare.  I was talking to a old nurse the other day, and she said many years ago one of her family members was in a nursing home.  They used to bring the loads of laundry up and the residents would work right alongside the nurses and fold laundry, it was a family atmosphere, and family members would cook food and deserts and bring them to the home, and even help out at time with patient care.  Well now, it is illegal for patients to do any work without you paying them (even when those activities increase their self-worth and self-esteem) and it is illegal to bring outside food into a hospital, and it is illegal for a family member or a nurse to do any activity a doctor might do because they will be sued for malpractice even if they know exactly what they are doing and perform it flawlessly.... and ofcourse all these things have driven up healthcare costs atronomically and nursing homes are prisons and have no family atmosphere anymore.

Someone else asked, what about poor people?  Well, have you noticed, poor people still aren't receiving proper care, our emergency rooms look like grand central station, and you can't use an alternative facility or a non-fda approved drug treatment for lower cost because that is also illegal now.

I could go on forever.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 11:29:13 PM by Abdul-Infinite Is Back »

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2007, 07:42:52 AM »
IF you wanna talk about debt why not bring up japan? their national debt is 1.5 times their GDP they have the biggest debt in the world and a US slow down won't help matters that is why I just sold on my japanese shares. for those with money to spare Asia markets excluding Japan is where to put your money right now.

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?