Author Topic: The Official 2007/08 Champions League Thread  (Read 3966 times)

Elano

Re: The Official 2007/08 Champions League Thread
« Reply #150 on: March 04, 2008, 08:24:49 PM »
^ porto ? lucho gonzalez is one of my favourite 'new' players  8)

Lunatic

« Reply #151 on: March 04, 2008, 08:30:55 PM »
^ porto ? lucho gonzalez is one of my favourite 'new' players  8)
yea, they're my favourite team..he is sick 8)
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

wcsoldier

« Reply #152 on: March 04, 2008, 11:56:46 PM »
Thank God , you won't have to watch Milan annoying style of game ... the team who got a great passing game rarely won these matchups, I'm glad Arsenal did it .. it was about time my man Manu (who started with FC Metz , the town where I live) scored in the CL  8)

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #153 on: March 05, 2008, 05:18:31 AM »
NO MORE WAR

da_notorious_mack

Lunatic

« Reply #155 on: March 05, 2008, 07:39:52 AM »
Porto is down 1-0 to Schalke playing in portugal today. Y'all think my boys can re-group?

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #156 on: March 05, 2008, 08:30:09 AM »
Porto is down 1-0 to Schalke playing in portugal today. Y'all think my boys can re-group?

Not a bad scoreline. If you don't concede early I fancy Porto to score a few and make the quarters.
NO MORE WAR

Lunatic

« Reply #157 on: March 05, 2008, 09:22:16 AM »
Not a bad scoreline. If you don't concede early I fancy Porto to score a few and make the quarters.
Yeah, I think we shouldn't really have a problem with these guys in Portugal..but will see..

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #158 on: March 05, 2008, 09:24:46 AM »
Yeah, I think we shouldn't really have a problem with these guys in Portugal..but will see..

I wouldn't say you shouldn't have a problem. They made it this far, they've gotta have at least a couple of match-winners in their team but I think if Porto's big players turn up then they should be fine.
NO MORE WAR

Lunatic

« Reply #159 on: March 05, 2008, 09:29:29 AM »

I wouldn't say you shouldn't have a problem. They made it this far, they've gotta have at least a couple of match-winners in their team but I think if Porto's big players turn up then they should be fine.
When I say 'not have a problem' I mean more I'm confident will take the game..don't think its gonna be a blowout or anything lol..

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #160 on: March 05, 2008, 10:31:39 AM »
progressed as expected, not the best performance though.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #161 on: March 05, 2008, 10:52:06 AM »

Yeah I had some bets on, more or less predicting Man Utd to win by at least a couple. The only surprise for me was that they only scored once.

You at the game mate? What was the story?
NO MORE WAR

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #162 on: March 05, 2008, 11:12:47 AM »

Yeah I had some bets on, more or less predicting Man Utd to win by at least a couple. The only surprise for me was that they only scored once.

yeah i went.

It was a strange game, lyon had plenty of the ball but didnt create much other than hitting the post early in the second half. I was never worried that they would get two but there was always the chance they could get one.

Uniteds problem was that rooney basically played up front on his own where he was isolated. Playing anderson behind him with nani and ronaldo joining didnt work that well.

As the game went on we should have had a second, rooney missed a great chance (intercepted a back pass but hit a really weak shot from about 8 yards out at the keeper). Tevez and ronaldo were also wasteful , passing when they should have shot , trying to walk the ball in .

I think we tried to be too clever instead of just going out and playing are normal game we reverted to a formation that was basically set up to catch them on the break.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #163 on: March 05, 2008, 11:36:18 AM »

yeah i went.

It was a strange game, lyon had plenty of the ball but didnt create much other than hitting the post early in the second half. I was never worried that they would get two but there was always the chance they could get one.

Uniteds problem was that rooney basically played up front on his own where he was isolated. Playing anderson behind him with nani and ronaldo joining didnt work that well.

As the game went on we should have had a second, rooney missed a great chance (intercepted a back pass but hit a really weak shot from about 8 yards out at the keeper). Tevez and ronaldo were also wasteful , passing when they should have shot , trying to walk the ball in .

I think we tried to be too clever instead of just going out and playing are normal game we reverted to a formation that was basically set up to catch them on the break.

You think you play better with Tevez and Rooney up top?
NO MORE WAR

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #164 on: March 05, 2008, 12:37:44 PM »

Schalke got nothing you could beat them easily.