Author Topic: Younger Generation !!!!!  (Read 147 times)

.:N-Imy:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Younger Generation !!!!!
« on: July 21, 2001, 02:30:32 PM »
Wot is happening with the younger generation 2day. I mean rappers are really getting rich off of them. I'm only 16 but people around 7/8 are strting to get into rap in the UK but they into people like Nelly & Co and they aren't great lyricists or rappers yet they are still making over a million from album sales. Yet if you ask them about Tupac or Biggie (2 greats of Rap) they like who? and your like but these are great rappers and hard to contend with.

Also you've got pop fanz and that who are starting to listen to Nelly wand Em's latest stuff because it is more of a dance type tune (pop tune for some people) and like D-12's first hit "Shit On You" was a mad tight song yet it never sold well in the UK yet "Purple Pills" is nowhere near challening shit on you yet I think it will bring D-12 their 1st no.1 hit in the UK.

Man I fear for people like Pac & Biggie because as the younger generation get's older they aren't gonna be listening to them but Nelly stuff and their kids will grow up on that shit aswell. It's mostly to do with that Pac only brings out a lot of albums and not singles (cause of DR & Interscope & The mother) but now they are yet because it is just true rap they are bringing out with Rap that isn't touching with the songs that help Nelly sell.

I just think it's fucked up that Nelly can mae so much money from putting out weak shit with weak lyrics and still bring in the cash yet you got the hard working people like Pac & Biggie who in the future may well struggle to make money for their family in the future.

While I am on the talk of Nelly have you hear St. Luis's new song. The beat sounds too similar to Nelly's 1st song to be released yet I know it's gonna fucking sell. That kinda pisses me off a bit and I jsut can't believe wot is happening. I know wot I have said is kinda repeated a bit but maybe some1 can help me out a bit aswell in telling this becase I'm pretty weak myself when it comes to saying shit like this.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
N-Imy - Incipient  {[link=http://forum.igangsta.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=fouroneone;action=display;num=1010196585]Click Here[/link] for details}

"I believe that everything you do bad comes back to you. So everything that I do that's bad I'm going to suffer for it. But in my heart, I believe what I'm doing is right. So I feel like I'm going to heaven" - Tupac {June 1996}

Mr_Loc

Re: Younger Generation !!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2001, 03:14:47 PM »
dont trip on it. i dont like hearing nelly and puff on the radio and tv constantly either but hey, theyre getting their money so i aint hating. obviously some people do like their music.

and dont worry about Pac and BIG, theyre memory will live on forever

Don Seer

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2001, 12:06:55 AM »
thats why i think its a "good thing" (tm) that Eminem mentions biggie and pac in his songs - so they think .. ohhh eminem admires them.. they must be good.

Hittman

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2001, 01:52:56 AM »
I think that nelly and puffy are like that gate to the whole rap world. They here them then think that rap is quite good and gets into the whole scene more and frogets about faggots like nelly and start to listen to pac.

Joachim

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2001, 02:16:59 AM »
Pac and Biggie will never be forgotten, they have both been immortalised in rap.

As for the young cats, if/when they get further into rap they gonna here artists talkin bout Pac and Biggie in peoples records and eventually they'll be lead right to em....

Sub_Z_Row

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2001, 03:11:21 AM »
im 14 now,i never started listening to shit like nelly or nething,1st time i heard 2pac i became a fan and im startin to like biggie a lil more than i used 2 ,but i hate the shit thats  out now

.:N-Imy:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2001, 06:25:56 AM »
Yeah I never thought about it that way taht they listen to Nelly & shit but the only problem there is that they could get hooked on stuff like Nelly and when they listen to Pac or Biggie they ain't gonna like it because it's a different style to wot they used to wit Nelly & Co. Also I don't think Pac & Biggie are gonna be known foreva cause there gonna come a time when some rapper comes out that is more tight than both and then he die and be remembered more but until that happens (that's if it ever does) let's just live out true hip-hop stuff rather than Nelly's weak shit.

Also Mr Loc I wasn't tripping I was just putting down my tohughts and asking for wot other people thought that's all.
N-Imy - Incipient  {[link=http://forum.igangsta.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=fouroneone;action=display;num=1010196585]Click Here[/link] for details}

"I believe that everything you do bad comes back to you. So everything that I do that's bad I'm going to suffer for it. But in my heart, I believe what I'm doing is right. So I feel like I'm going to heaven" - Tupac {June 1996}

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2001, 08:32:12 PM »
Yo look at me and NIK. There's hope,no?peace-Tanjint

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram