Author Topic: New DJ Premier blogpost! Some incredible information inside!  (Read 520 times)

jeromechickenbone

Re: New DJ Premier blogpost! Some incredible information inside!
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2007, 12:19:30 PM »
*off topic* i dont kno, but Premo aint no legend if u ask me.  hes just an old muthafucka who make "BEATS" (theres a difference), its tha SAME sound and tha SAME hook, from drums 2 guitars.  tha nigga been in tha game 4 almost as long as Dre, and even Dre changes his sound a lil' bit every so often but Premo dont.  i aint hatin on tha man, cuz i can respect his longevity in tha game but Premo is just anotha Aesop Rock if u ask me- he just stayed around longer.  he was cool/refreshing wen he came out but 20 years later ALL his shit sounds tha same.

Premo ain't no legend?  Are you nuts?  You look at the hardest and most classic records / albums out of the east in the last damn near 20 years and Premier's name comes up over and over again.  If he's not a legend, nobody is.

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2007, 12:24:38 PM »
I agree with Bitch, dat aint my baby! and Jrome..

Primo earned his respect..

UDollar A.K.A Nino

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm sorry you had to see me like that...
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2007, 01:56:21 PM »
You all forgot the most important thing:

So NYGz….DID I MENTION OCTOBER 9th?(LOL)….

Did Primo just use LOL on our asses??
"I have loved you," says the LORD. "Yet you say, 'In what way have you loved us?' "Was not Esau Jacob's brother?" Says the LORD. "Yet Jacob I have loved" - Malachi 1:2

The final season of Lost - 2010

Soopahigh

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2007, 02:28:41 PM »
just one question...whats the name (i mean the adress of the blog) of the fucking blog  ???
lol  ;D

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2007, 06:29:26 AM »
just one question...whats the name (i mean the adress of the blog) of the fucking blog  ???
lol  ;D
It's the blog on his myspace I think...

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2007, 08:34:09 PM »
*off topic* i dont kno, but Premo aint no legend if u ask me.  hes just an old muthafucka who make "BEATS" (theres a difference), its tha SAME sound and tha SAME hook, from drums 2 guitars.  tha nigga been in tha game 4 almost as long as Dre, and even Dre changes his sound a lil' bit every so often but Premo dont.  i aint hatin on tha man, cuz i can respect his longevity in tha game but Premo is just anotha Aesop Rock if u ask me- he just stayed around longer.  he was cool/refreshing wen he came out but 20 years later ALL his shit sounds tha same.

Even though some heads overrate Primo, he is definitely a legend and comparing him to someone like Aesoprock is  ??? Aesoprock has done absolutely nothing and his music sucks. Primo has produced classics for pretty much every respected rapper since the early 90's. Big difference.

Primo has definitely earned the right to be called a legend. I do wish Primo would innovate a bit more, his beats have sounded the same since the early 90's. Others who have been around as long as Primo, like Dre, Quik, Timbaland have at least experimented with other styles. Primo doesn't, for some reason.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Al Bundy

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2007, 08:52:09 PM »

Even though some heads overrate Primo, he is definitely a legend and comparing him to someone like Aesoprock is  ??? Aesoprock has done absolutely nothing and his music sucks. Primo has produced classics for pretty much every respected rapper since the early 90's. Big difference.

Primo has definitely earned the right to be called a legend. I do wish Primo would innovate a bit more, his beats have sounded the same since the early 90's. Others who have been around as long as Primo, like Dre, Quik, Timbaland have at least experimented with other styles. Primo doesn't, for some reason.

On point. +1 took the words out of my mouth (no homo)

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2007, 09:00:00 PM »
Yeah, it would be nice if he experimented a little... however...it's good that his music has become something that you can actually "miss" and want to go back to after all of these other producers experiment :)
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2007, 09:15:44 PM »
Premo needs to produce for the next WC record.  They've been friends forever but have only collaborated once.  Either which way he always brings solid work to the already set in stone incredible catalog.

everlast1986

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2007, 09:45:55 PM »
Yeah, it would be nice if he experimented a little...

have you heard Christina Aguileras latest album? his beats sound quite different on there than how a regular beat of his sounds like

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2007, 11:06:17 PM »
^ I don't really make it a point to listen to Christina Aguilera... but to clarify... I am referring to the Hip Hop artists that he works with.. Of course he isn't going to drop Gangstarr type shit for that chick...
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2007, 12:26:51 AM »
Primo's production style has definitely evolved.  But 2 things are never going to go away with Primo - scratches and samples.  He's a DJ and those are the foundations of DJ'ing. 

Somebody upload that track he did for Skyzoo and Torae last year "Get It Done" - the production on that joint was so ill and unique...

Tha Psycho Hustla

« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2007, 02:27:25 AM »

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2007, 03:35:59 PM »
damn, props, that was a good compilation

arthurnelson88

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • RIP Buster
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2007, 04:36:54 PM »
I respect him bcuz I havent even reached his status YET  ;D but fact of tha matter is i've neva seen people go after Premier like they've done wit Dre, Premier never changes his drum/beat kit and Dre uses atleast ONE different instrument/drum in every track but still gets tha hate bcuz 4 w/e tha fuck reason.  All I'm sayin is that producers like Premier died wit' tha 90's- dont get me wrong he doesnt make bad beats but wats so "Exciting" about a couple scratches and samples, if thats tha case why aint folks out here hollarin' about Paul & Juicy, same DJ techniec but they still get "undermentioned" (* new shit lol).  Preme was tha 80's/90's but 00's have belonged 2 a new breed, NYG'z will b overlooked too.
I only fuck with 10's