Author Topic: Underground ?????  (Read 120 times)

.:N-Imy:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Underground ?????
« on: July 21, 2001, 03:11:20 PM »
I have always had a problem understanding wot underground really was and to this day I still don't have a proper or any clue for that matter so here's a few questions I'm asking politely for people to answer so I know wot's wot... any1 can be underground right??...once u r underground how tha stores get ur track....how u get money 4rm ur track??...how u get ur music online??...can u put a song online witout havin a track???.....how u go from underground to mainstream???where tha underground songs and battles be at.......can yall give me feedback on that
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
N-Imy - Incipient  {[link=http://forum.igangsta.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=fouroneone;action=display;num=1010196585]Click Here[/link] for details}

"I believe that everything you do bad comes back to you. So everything that I do that's bad I'm going to suffer for it. But in my heart, I believe what I'm doing is right. So I feel like I'm going to heaven" - Tupac {June 1996}

bez

Re: Underground ?????
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2001, 03:14:14 PM »
Underground is rappers who rap in the sewers the are kind of like the turtles.

Mr_Loc

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2001, 03:21:03 PM »

HAHAHAHA that is the funniest shit ive read in ages

but anyway, the underground is artists who dont sell a vast amount of records and dont get on the radio/TV.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2001, 03:21:16 PM »

Man r u drunk or high?
N-Imy - Incipient  {[link=http://forum.igangsta.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=fouroneone;action=display;num=1010196585]Click Here[/link] for details}

"I believe that everything you do bad comes back to you. So everything that I do that's bad I'm going to suffer for it. But in my heart, I believe what I'm doing is right. So I feel like I'm going to heaven" - Tupac {June 1996}

Top-Dogg2001

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Stillmatic
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2001, 06:51:16 PM »

Man r u drunk or high?

he's both, lol
Picture yourself crushin Xzibit with your tough talk,
thats like Christopher Reeve doin' the crip walk.- Xzibit

Suicidal, High I'm smoking so much la,
I saw a dead bird flying through a broken sky-
Nas

Ro J. Simpson

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Riddim Killa!
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2001, 07:06:14 PM »
yo N-imy...u dont know what underground is?...and you sittin there with all this hip hop flowing out of you...and with 400 odd posts and u don know what underground is?...man u are a front...dude read up

peace
2i love you dont ever fucking question that, that's why we'll probably never get along, if i was better at finding the right words to say i wouldnt need to write these mothafuckin songs" / Atmosphere -'Dont ever fucking question that'

It's too much weight to be juggling
who do you picture when you think about struggling
Kids in the bed, no food stomach bubbilin
or Niggas in the E-class heavy drug smugglin / Xzibit - At the speed of life

Last Dragon

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2001, 07:55:38 PM »
I see the underground as rappers that haven't gotten noticed by the casual fan.  They might have a strong movement in their city or region.  They don't rock shows in arenas.  They give it to you at the local club, high school, party, or college campus.  They sell their units by convincing the local mom and pop shops to sell it.  THey might even get their music in the local chain store like Sam Goody if they're lucky.  THey press their own tapes and CD's. THey get their names by winning MC battles and filtering their music to local mixtape DJ's.  With the introduction of the internet, they can get their music out there through websites and message boards *cough* mp3.com *cough*.  Some have gotten huge movements through the net.  The best examples are Necro and THe Anticon crew.

A lot of rappers that are on the underground experiment with new types of styles and ways to do Hip-Hop.  An example of that would be, again, The Anticon crew.  You can still be well known and be on the underground.  Some undergound MC's got a following to the point that they can go out of their region and still sell out shows.  THe Arsonists sold out clubs all over the U.S. through their underground movement.  The fans are pure loyalty and not going to drop you for the next big thing.

Some well-known MC's have even gone back to the underground to move units and make money.  Daz is an example and so is Brotha Lynch Hung.  Some have taken their underground movement and pushed it into the mainstream with huge success.  Eminem is the best example of that that you can ever get.  Em was moving The SSEP independently and doing MC tournaments all over the country.  It has paid off in a huge way.

To put in simply, the underground is the Hip-Hop you won't hear on the radio everywhere, see on TV, or see in the top 40.  They are the guys that move units on their own, rock shows at the local spot, have some of their work for download, and pass out posters and flyers to advertise their next show.  That's undergound.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2001, 05:59:48 AM »

yo N-imy...u dont know what underground is?...and you sittin there with all this hip hop flowing out of you...and with 400 odd posts and u don know what underground is?...man u are a front...dude read up

peace

Man you always there to say summin' about me but my 450+ posts were made through making comments on artists and other things. I have not seen a genuine post which was solely on Underground and where I could find out about wot it was so just shut the fuck up . Befo' you answer summin' I ask or a comment I make maybe you sohuld look back on other posts or that too see why I am asking or makin that comment.