Author Topic: House, techno music  (Read 507 times)

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
House, techno music
« on: September 24, 2007, 10:40:06 AM »
SO who likes this kind of music??? I know theres different kinds , different category's whats the deal????

Jip

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: House, techno music
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 10:58:57 AM »
no

just got back from ibiza, its all you hear there, some of the songs are good, but it all gets a bit repetitive after a while

everlast1986

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 11:19:08 AM »
House music usually has more of a heavier and thumpier synth bassline with funk and disco samples and repeated voice samples.

Trance music usually consists of more of a generic bassline usually at one certain amount of bpm with some other synth effect in the background.

I'm not really big on those types of music but I can enjoy some Groove Armada and Daft punk every once in a while. Its just not something i can listen to all day straight.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 11:30:05 AM by Beatz »

Paul

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 11:23:00 AM »
i was gonna make a thread on this

lately im really getting into this style of music, not so much trance but house techno type stuff

when your away with it in a club it does sound good

ill post up some pretty good tracks, dont turn it off after like 30 seconds cause with most dance tunes it gets better
funkyfreshintheflesh

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 11:57:33 AM »
i use to listen to house,techno,trance,goa,psy,hardcore...(every kind of "techno'' music that you can think) a lot back in 2003 when i use to work @ aria (a club,mtl heads knows whats up) and when i was making raves with friends but know i dont listen to it that much but theres is a couple song that i still love

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2007, 12:00:57 PM »
Yeah I've been listening to some techno/house/trance music for some time now. Sometimes I even prefer listening to this than hip-hop. I don't really have too many songs from this genre but I've got 3 Mortal Kombat OST's & the Killer Cuts cd (official soundtrack from the Killer Instinct game) & the techno cuts on those albums are just fantastic. If anyone wants them just let me know.

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2007, 12:05:48 PM »
the first mortal kombat soundtrack fucking rocks

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2007, 12:08:00 PM »
Not exactly what I would listen to everyday, but it's really cool once in a while and it sounds pretty good in a club.I'm reffering to house music in the likes of the Sobieski compilations or house you could hear on Fashion TV (where they play some very good hip-hop once in a while too)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

Paul

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2007, 12:21:11 PM »
Heres a couple of tracks i love just now

John Dalback - Blink, love the sample used and the bass line is crazy :o

Fredrico Franchi - Cream, when you first hear it you might thinks its annoying but it becomes really catchy and wont be able to get the tune out of your head

This is a fatboy slim remix by Marco V(who i went to see last week 8)) pretty hardcore stuff, starts off trance then after a 1.20 it goes funky

seriously give them a listen, it does take a while to get into this stuff but
funkyfreshintheflesh

everlast1986

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2007, 12:21:33 PM »
The second Blade OST is pretty cool too. All sorts of electronic music/hip hop collabos like Roni Size & Cypress Hill, Oakenfold & Ice Cube, The Roots & BT etc.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2007, 12:34:30 PM »
Does anyone remember those Counter Strike techno songs that came out a few years ago??? Does anyone have them in mp3??? Here are the youtube links:

Paul

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2007, 12:35:55 PM »
Does anyone remember those Counter Strike techno songs that came out a few years ago??? Does anyone have them in mp3??? Here are the youtube links:

ahaha those are kinda cheesy
funkyfreshintheflesh

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2007, 12:38:27 PM »
^The first song has got 3 different beats but yeah I agree the first beat on that song is kinda cheesy but I still like it lol.

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2007, 12:49:36 PM »

Fredrico Franchi - Cream, when you first hear it you might thinks its annoying but it becomes really catchy and wont be able to get the tune out of your head

This is a fatboy slim remix by Marco V(who i went to see last week 8)) pretty hardcore stuff, starts off trance then after a 1.20 it goes funky

i saw marco v @ the club i use to work back in september 2003,it was fucking insane

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2007, 12:53:52 PM »

i saw marco v @ the club i use to work back in september 2003,it was fucking insane

why did you quit area