Author Topic: It's been one week!  (Read 634 times)

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
Re: It's been one week!
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2007, 05:08:46 PM »
...since I smoked a cigarette.
Damn, I'm proud ;D
It's been a year or so for me.
Keep it going homie, i ben going strng for 2 years now, i did it so can u.
Just curious...what y'all use as a substitute, if anything?  I don't smoke cigs myself but I'm curious as to how people overcome an addiction or obstacle such as this.  Oh yeah +1 for all who have the will power to do so. 

rik

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2007, 05:15:14 PM »
Damn, I'm proud ;D
Just curious...what y'all use as a substitute, if anything?  I don't smoke cigs myself but I'm curious as to how people overcome an addiction or obstacle such as this.  Oh yeah +1 for all who have the will power to do so. 

I didn't substitute it with anything. One day I just decided to quit smoking, and I did. I mean, I've smoked a cig here and there but that's about it.

+1
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 07:49:18 PM by Ruger Rik »

herpes

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2007, 06:52:10 PM »
I've only been smoking during work... does that count towards anything  :-\

swangin and bangin

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2007, 08:38:27 PM »
smoking =  :puke:
but +1 for quittin

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2007, 08:44:30 PM »
smoking =  :puke:
but +1 for quittin

yeah tried it once, and said fuck that

We Fly High

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2007, 09:13:46 PM »
Damn, I'm proud ;D

#1 rule, do not use nicotine patches, unless you want to experience the craziest dreams you'll ever have in your life. A lot of people I know, including myself, when using the nicotine patches, just get crazy intense dreams... like 10x more intense than regular ones. I would go as far as to say that they were more like "nightmares" to me haha. Its very well documented on the internet, just research "nicotine patches & nightmares"

haha i started smoking weed as a substitute. and it worked, just for the simple fact that i was smoking something.. but it just adds to my "addiction" to smoke something, whatever it is.

I can go like 3 months without a cigarette, and then buy a pack and smoke that shit in 2 days. Like I used to be a heavy smoker in high school (god knows why, but i was) so i definitely still have the ability to handle a lot of cigarettes.

but recently, its been getting kinda worse, i found this one smoke shop by my work that sells single cigarettes for 30 cents.. so i've been going there everyday recently for the past few months. and i just smoke one cigarette a day whenever im at work.. but ive been doing it daily, so im kinda slowly bringing it back in. Its meant for poor people who cant afford to buy a whole pack, but I do have enough money to buy a whole pack, but i dont, cos i know i'll smoke it so quick, so i end up paying like 6.00 for 20 cigarettes over a period of like 3-4 weeks.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 09:18:11 PM by We Fly High »

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2007, 12:41:15 AM »
I've only been smoking during work... does that count towards anything  :-\
just means eventually you'll be smokin at home too....

ive found cold turkey to be the only way to stay smoke-free for an extended period of time...thats just me though

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2007, 12:43:46 AM »
#1 rule, do not use nicotine patches, unless you want to experience the craziest dreams you'll ever have in your life. A lot of people I know, including myself, when using the nicotine patches, just get crazy intense dreams... like 10x more intense than regular ones. I would go as far as to say that they were more like "nightmares" to me haha. Its very well documented on the internet, just research "nicotine patches & nightmares"
word...ive heard of people actually thinkin they were in hell and shit..trippy....funny as fuck to me though lol

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2007, 01:28:02 AM »
Damn, I'm proud ;D

I don't use anything. I've some people gets a bigger appetite for food, sugar, sweets and so, but I haven't noticed that

kemizt

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2007, 01:29:12 AM »

kemizt

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2007, 07:47:17 AM »
its been 3 months since i smoked weed, cigarettes on the other hand - i'm smoking one now

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2007, 07:51:30 AM »
living in asia makes quiting hard evertime i walk into i a shop its like saying cigarettes 80% off! or buy one get 4 packs free, in cambodia it was worse I could buy 48 packs for the same price it costs me to buy one in the UK
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 07:54:17 AM by Don Rizzle »

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2007, 08:46:06 AM »
living in asia makes quiting hard evertime i walk into i a shop its like saying cigarettes 80% off! or buy one get 4 packs free, in cambodia it was worse I could buy 48 packs for the same price it costs me to buy one in the UK

Thats insane!

kemizt

AndrE16686

« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2007, 08:54:40 AM »
Shit yall.....I started smoking at 12 years old, stopped for a little then started again when I was about 15-16.

i found this one smoke shop by my work that sells single cigarettes for 30 cents.. so i've been going there everyday recently for the past few months. and i just smoke one cigarette a day whenever im at work.. but ive been doing it daily, so im kinda slowly bringing it back in. Its meant for poor people who cant afford to buy a whole pack, but I do have enough money to buy a whole pack, but i dont, cos i know i'll smoke it so quick, so i end up paying like 6.00 for 20 cigarettes over a period of like 3-4 weeks.

Damn. I been through that same struggle homey, the whole single ciggie dilemma. I been smoke-free for over nearly 1 month (except maybe 1 while getting drunk). I wont ever go back to smoking. The thing is I feel I really have won the mental battle.  But if you really got to then stick to buying singles. Ive been on singles and then fucked out and bought a pack only to throw it in the garbage the next day in a fit of rage and self-loathing. Singles help to ease you off, but always remember you will have to go cold turkey eventually. You gotta prove to yourself that you are master of yourself.

I didn't substitute it with anything. One day I just decided to quit smoking, and I did. I mean, I've smoked a cig here and there but that's about it.

+1

The worst is when you are out. In the crib you can usually divert your attention away from the craving, but when you are out you notice people smoking and enjoying it. Drinking herbal non-caffeine tea does wonders and the feeling of being healthy will destroy the evill Satan 666 ciggarette cravings. The worst thing about smoking is the knowledge of self that you are destroying yourself slowly. But doing healthy stuff that your body likes will help combat the negative germs thats destructive. The feeling of building your bodily temple and tending it with healthy food and exercise and litres upon litres of green tea is a much more powerful force than the will for self-destruction in the form of Skull and Bones big tabacco Inc.

Also listen to lots of RZA and INS.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2007, 02:43:19 PM »
its been 3 months since i smoked weed, cigarettes on the other hand - i'm smoking one now

LMAO...this guy got it backwards.