Author Topic: ***HALO 3 shatters retail record; sells 170 million in 24hrs***  (Read 1046 times)

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: ***HALO 3 shatters retail record; sells 170 million in 24hrs***
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2007, 01:59:13 PM »
halo is alright. for me, tribes 2 has not been topped yet. that game was so sick, i would play it like 10 hours straight when i was younger.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2007, 05:40:00 PM »
I don't understand this. The first 2 games weren't special at all. There have been way better shooters out for PC than those 2. WAY better.
totally agree...

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2007, 10:49:22 PM »
The price is disgusting.  60, 70, or 130?  What in the world, man.  Why juice people so much?  60 bucks is too fucking high, and they've pitched it so that 60 dollars is the bullshit version nobody wants. 

I think it's def a fair price.  I paid $50 for Halo 2 in November 04 and was still playing it as recently as last Monday.  Three years and countless hours is well worth $50. 

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2007, 10:50:35 PM »
I don't understand this. The first 2 games weren't special at all. There have been way better shooters out for PC than those 2. WAY better.

Halo was an innovator on many levels.  Game makers jock their style left and right.

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2007, 08:06:03 AM »

Halo was an innovator on many levels.  Game makers jock their style left and right.
if anyone was an innovator in consols it was RARE with Golden Eye on Nintendo 64 ... now that was the shit... funny thing tho that RARE is now MICROSOFT lol.. anyway.. Golden Eye is the real GOAT consol first person shooter.

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2007, 08:24:10 AM »
 innovator...hmmm? ID SOFTWARE!!!  ;D

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2007, 08:33:32 AM »
totally agree...

maybe.  but for a console system, this was the first game to actually bring together the hardcore shooter fans, and the more commercial fans who just want something to play.  its like Ghost recon mixed with rainbow six, mixed with splinter cell...if that makes sense.

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

Lazar

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2007, 11:52:43 AM »
OMG, what´s so good about "Halo".It´s not a bad game but it´s nothing special. A simply 08/15 FPS. Totally overrated in my opinion

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2007, 07:24:51 PM »
I contributed to that 170 mill. Iv got a girlfriend whos grandfather died the day i bought it, so havent even looked at it yet. lol Damnit.

The Maestro

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2007, 07:51:59 AM »
Americans just love to blow stuff up  :P

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2007, 12:51:43 PM »
Americans just love to blow stuff up  :P

Its not just the Americans!

Halo 3 Smashes AU Sales Records
Bungie is laughing all the way to the bank.

Australia,  September 27, 2007 - You have to give Microsoft and Bungie some credit. They rolled out the hype thick and fast with Halo 3; the end result clearly outweighing the initial expenditure. In short, Bungie is laughing all the way to the bank.

According to Microsoft PR, more than 50,000 copies of Halo 3 had been sold and Australian consumers spent more than AU$6 million in just 24 hours. That makes Halo 3's debut the biggest first-day digital entertainment release ever in Australia.

As the release points out, the US sales outsold the last Harry Potter novel, as well as a better opening than Spider-Man in the same period of time, with AU$195 million being the touted figure.

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

swangin and bangin

« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2007, 02:15:29 PM »
yall smokin crack

halo 3 aint over rated

that shit has to be a sick ass game from the past halos

and why do yall care?
the people that bought the game are obviously satisfied.

Al Bundy

« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2007, 02:01:43 AM »
i'm satisfied (no homo)

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2007, 12:07:49 PM »
Halo 3 Makes $300 Million Dollars
Worldwide numbers sky rocket and Xbox 360 sales double in just one week.

UK,  October 4, 2007 - As Xbox 360 owners across the world finish the fight, Microsoft has announced that after just one week on shop shelves, Halo 3 has already made $300 million worldwide and has helped to double sales of 360 consoles.

Dubbing Halo 3 "the title that has changed the way the world thinks about videogames", Microsoft went on to say the game has become a global phenomenon, with more than 2.7 million people - one-third of the 7 million Xbox Live members worldwide - logging on to play online, while calling each other noobs.

On launch day, players racked up more than 3.6 million hours of online play, which increased to 40 million hours by the end of the first week - representing more than 4,500 years of continuous gameplay. What's more, since release Halo players have unlocked nearly 30 million Achievements and it drove a record number of Xbox Live Gold Membership sales as "hundreds of thousands of new members gathered online", according to Microsoft.

"Halo is truly a cultural phenomenon, and the launch of Halo 3 is an important milestone for Xbox 360 and for videogames as entertainment and as an art form," said Bill Gates, chairman of Microsoft. "Halo 3 embodies our vision for the future of entertainment, where some of the world's greatest creative minds will deliver a new generation of interactive storytelling."

-IGN.com

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Sparegeez

« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2007, 05:45:22 PM »
totally agree...

Have any of you ever played it online?

I don't think so...