Author Topic: New Music From Bishop Lamont, Dr. Dre & Focus! "American Dreams" & "No Stoppin'"  (Read 2058 times)

Nima - Dubcnn.com

www.dubcnn.com

You read right! DJ Warrior and the Cali Untouchable DJ's are back at it again, bringing us two exclusive Bishop Lamont tracks, one produced by Dr. Dre, the other by Focus! The anticipation is building for Bishop's solo debut on Aftermath "The Reformation", and this is only gonna make it bigger.

The first track is called "No Stoppin' Carson", a snippet of it was on Bishop's MySpace a few months ago. Check it out below:

Bishop Lamont - No Stoppin' Carson (Prod. by Dr. Dre)

The second track is a more laid back, soulful joint called "American Dreams", which finds Bishop talking about America's politics and racial prejudice, as usual with his humorous twist. Listen below:

Bishop Lamont - American Dreams (Prod. by Focus)

In related news, DJ Warrior, DJ Jam and DJ Rectangle recently did a feature on AllHipHop.com. To read the interview with these West Coast Dj's, click here. DJ Warrior has also running his succesful Cali Untouchable Radio on Sirius Sattelite Radio, so make sure to tune in to catch the latest West Coast heat! The show is also syndicated overseas now. Shouts out to Diocese, Aftermath, TakeOff Prod, LNS and everybody supporting!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 02:31:37 PM by Nima »

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Damn, how come hes leaking these joints, guess they wont make the cut.

American Dream is great, dope subject matter, could be on N*gger Noize. Focus produced it though, from Bishop's motuh himself.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 02:26:24 PM by Timbo the king »

shay

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • "thro some money up thats are trademark boy COB
props Nima! shit is hella tight.  8)

Nima - Dubcnn.com

Damn, how come hes leaking these joints, guess they wont make the cut, altough he said American Dream will be on it 100% in that Rebel interview.

American Dream is great, dope subject matter, could be on N*gger Noize. Focus produced it though, from Bishop's motuh himself.

Hmm, that's how DJ Warrior sent them to me.

everlast1986

both are fucking bangers! can't wait for cdq

Nima - Dubcnn.com

Well, I just spoke to DJ Warrior and looks like it was a mistake, "American Dreams" is indeed produced by Focus.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Its known that DJ's make shit up. Heres the quote from the interview:

Ah man that's a good question, dawg; there's so many. The last song on the album is a record called "INSPIRED" which is produced by Lord Finesse. It's got my boy Bokie, Mark Ant and my sister-in-law Cy on it. It's really ill, man just going back through my life. It's the closer kind of like what "The Message" was on "Chronic 2001". It's a really innovative and "no holds barred" record that looks into my life.

Another favorite is one called "AFRICA" with my boy Sul Nana produced by Bink. I've never done any record like that one. There's a record produced by Focus called "FEEL ON IT" which is crazy. My cousin Turie is on the hook and it's a crazy club banger that's ill at the same time. Focus did another record for me called "AMERICAN DREAM" which goes deeper into some of the things we were talking about in "Nigger Noize" as far as racism and what the American dream really is. What it touches upon is that instead of living the American dream that we live for, we need to just live our lives.

There's a lot, man and I really don't want to reveal too much. Of course with records you never know if it'll make the final cut. But for sure "INSPIRED" and "AFRICA" will be on there. I don't want to say it's on there and doesn't end up on it, ha-ha. Oh! There's a record called "You Ain't Fresh" and it's produced by King Karnov. Diverse is on the hook and my boy DJ Gemini did the scratches. The song just looks at artists in rap and how they think they're fresh but they're not. Just some dumb shit, man… ha-ha. See Diverse used to rap and he was feeling real bossy one night after one too many beers, ha-ha.

Raje

• Muthafuckin' OG
This Nicca Focus is Dope... Both tracks are Ill. Bishop's dope of course. (and yes I still use "dope")
Raje'
R2D2...
ASAP| 5482 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 1604 | Los Angeles | California | 90036 | 323.405.RAJE | www.MrBrackins.com

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
I'm willing to bet DJ Warrioir knew who produced it all along. :P We all know these fools just say shit is produced by Dre to get people's attnetion.

Nima - Dubcnn.com

Actually it wasn't Warrior who explicitely told me, it said produced by Dr. Dre in the email September 7th sent out. It's all good though, this is cleared up now!

Raje

• Muthafuckin' OG
Hell, It sounds like dre...
Raje'
R2D2...
ASAP| 5482 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 1604 | Los Angeles | California | 90036 | 323.405.RAJE | www.MrBrackins.com

Lunatic

Re: New Music From Bishop Lamont, Dr. Dre & Focus! "American Dreams" & "No Stopp
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2007, 02:47:56 PM »
damn both tracks are great 8)

if these 2 got cut, can't wait to see what the album looks like :o  but if they end up on the album i'll be satisfied 2
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Raje

• Muthafuckin' OG
I can't see American Dreams being cut.
Raje'
R2D2...

Bones01

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: New Music From Bishop Lamont, Dr. Dre & Focus! "American Dreams" & "No Stopp
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2007, 03:24:23 PM »
dam, i was just yerning for some new Bishop. Can't believe  of everything these 2 tracks leaked.    8) Hope these arn't replaced by 2 crappy joints on the album

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2007, 04:11:39 PM »
damn both tracks are great 8)

if these 2 got cut, can't wait to see what the album looks like :o  but if they end up on the album i'll be satisfied 2