Author Topic: New Music From Bishop Lamont, Dr. Dre & Focus! "American Dreams" & "No Stoppin'"  (Read 2059 times)

Bones01

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Invincible

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
Re: New Music From Bishop Lamont, Dr. Dre & Focus! "American Dreams" & "No Stopp
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2007, 10:34:53 PM »
This is my first time hearing Bishop... I gotta say I'm not feeling him. Kinda generic, imo.

Props, though.

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
American Dream is dope!

dill

• Lil Geezy
Re: New Music From Bishop Lamont, Dr. Dre & Focus! "American Dreams" & "No Stopp
« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2007, 03:30:22 AM »
o shit!!! this "american dream" track i great. can't wait for the album.

but i have a question. i found something like this on the internet

Recorded Producers

Bishop Lamont has aleady recorded with the following...

* Kon Artis
* Focus
* Scott Storch
* Dr. Dre
* Jake One

[edit] Expected Producers

* DJ Quik
* DJ Premier
* Battlecat
* Pete Rock
* Kanye West
* Just Blaze
* Swizz Beatz
* Neo Da Matrix
* Tre Hardson
* Damizza
* Madlib
* DJ Clark Kent
* The Neptunes
* Lord Finesse
* Nottz
* Warren G
* Hi-Tek
* The RZA
* Jonathan Rotem
* Eminem

how is he going to put all of them producers on one cd?:) if he wants to do that he'll be recording double album.

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2007, 05:25:47 AM »
damn, why all the hate on dre lately, both tracks is hot but focus fell off hard

I was wondering the same thing... 'cause when the snippet came out everyone here was talking about how "dope" it was. I guess because the snippet has been out for a while and AD is brand new?

No Stopping Carson isn't a bad song, my problem with it is Dre. The snippet that leaked was great but It's disappointing that if you've heard the snippet you've heard the completed beat basically because the full track is just another loop.

Hopefully what's happening here is that Dre is creating these snippets of beats and the ones he likes the best he's building on (keeping them for Detox and The Reformation) and the others he's just looping and selling to other artists. Nearly all these recent Dre tracks sound incomplete, they're like the foundations of what could have been a great beat. The beats are like skeletons, they need fleshed out and brought to life.

dill

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2007, 05:49:08 AM »
to be honest, dre is finished for me. he isn't doing anything that i can say is great. it's better for him to give all the production on detox to hi-tek, khalil and others. this beat for bishop is not wack but how many times is he going to do tracks the same way? looping the piano does not make a beat great.

you can't say that something is good, becouse it's dre.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!

big_dazzle

• Lil Geezy
Even if "No Stoppin' Carson" isn't as good as "Amercian Dreams" both tracks are dope and I can't wait for "The Reformation" to drop. Shit's gon' be great!

Iliveinthefuture

• Muthafuckin' OG
there ain't no stopping stopping stopping  8)

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2007, 09:37:35 AM »

That statement is in conflict with a lot of people's opinions on dubcc...

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2007, 11:34:44 AM »
Two dope tracks!

Can anyone hook up "No Stoppin'" with no DJ?

Peace  8)

dill

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2007, 11:44:44 AM »

That statement is in conflict with a lot of people's opinions on dubcc...
thanks for the info, gonna remember :)

of course i'm still waitin' for the reformation. can't wait to hear the full version of that shit. maybe after the release he'll be recording mixtapes, not to get rid of the tracks he did with the other producers.

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2007, 02:01:14 PM »
damn, why all the hate on dre lately, both tracks is hot but focus fell off hard

I was wondering the same thing... 'cause when the snippet came out everyone here was talking about how "dope" it was. I guess because the snippet has been out for a while and AD is brand new?

No Stopping Carson isn't a bad song, my problem with it is Dre. The snippet that leaked was great but It's disappointing that if you've heard the snippet you've heard the completed beat basically because the full track is just another loop.

Hopefully what's happening here is that Dre is creating these snippets of beats and the ones he likes the best he's building on (keeping them for Detox and The Reformation) and the others he's just looping and selling to other artists. Nearly all these recent Dre tracks sound incomplete, they're like the foundations of what could have been a great beat. The beats are like skeletons, they need fleshed out and brought to life.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't "American Dream" pretty much a loop as well? Come to think of it, isn't 90% of Hip Hop beats a loop with a slight change up every 8 bars? Look at some of Dre's tracks on "2001". Still DRE for example, was pretty much a loop with small additions or change up every such and such time. Yes, "2001" had more complex things going on in the music in comparison to what he gives other artists but that's because it's HIS album.

What gets me is that it seems every single beat that Dre releases is supposed to be some amazing "Chronic" style shit and if it's just "dope" o "good" people start saying he fell off. I could almost bet that if Dre produced "American Dream" and Focus produced "Carson" that most people would still say the same thing about Dre. People go for the underdog because it's diferrent. That's exactly why Dre will never fully satasfy the fans when "DETOX" drops. The expectations of fans today can and will NEVER be reaced.... no matter how great it may be.

Matty

i dunno i dont think some of dre's recent stuff has been sounding like the dre we know. for me i like outta control remix and imagine out of all his recent produtions, dope beats that still have that dre bounce and connect on lots of levels. more stuff like that please....