Author Topic: Jason Whitlock drops knowledge on the Jena 6  (Read 306 times)

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Jason Whitlock drops knowledge on the Jena 6
« on: September 27, 2007, 06:36:50 PM »
Finally, someone is revealing the facts that the media doesn't want you to know.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/col...ry/284511.html

Lessons from Jena, La.

By JASON WHITLOCK

Now we love Mychal Bell, the star of the 2006 Jena (La.) High School football team, the teenage boy who has sat in jail since December for his role in a six-on-one beatdown of a fellow student.

Thursday, thousands of us, proud African-Americans, expressed our devotion to and desire to see justice for the “Jena Six,” the half-dozen black students who knocked unconscious, kicked and stomped a white classmate.

Jesse Jackson compared Thursday’s rallies in Jena to the protests and marches that used to take place in cities like Selma, Ala., in the 1960s. Al Sharpton claimed Thursday’s peaceful demonstrations were to highlight racial inequities in the criminal justice system.

Jesse and Al, as they’re prone to do, served a kernel of truth stacked on a mountain of lies.

There are undeniable racial and economic inequities in our criminal justice system, and from afar the “Jena Six” rallies certainly looked and felt like the righteous protests of the 1960s.

But the reality is Thursday’s protests are just another sign that we remain deeply locked in denial about the path we need to travel today for true American liberation, equality and power in the new millennium.

The fact that we waited to love Mychal Bell until after he’d thrown away a Division I football scholarship and nine months of his life is just as heinous as the grossly excessive attempted-murder charges that originally landed him in jail.

Reed Walters, the Jena district attorney, is being accused of racism because he didn’t show Bell compassion when the teenager was brought before the court for the third time on assault charges in a two-year span.

Where was our compassion long before Bell got into this kind of trouble?

That’s the question that needed to be asked in Jena and across the country on Thursday. But it wasn’t asked because everyone has been lied to about what really transpired in the small southern town.

There was no “schoolyard fight” as a result of nooses being hung on a whites-only tree.

Justin Barker, the white victim, was cold-cocked from behind, knocked unconscious and stomped by six black athletes. Barker, luckily, sustained no life-threatening injuries and was released from the hospital three hours after the attack.

A black U.S. attorney, Don Washington, investigated the “Jena Six” case and concluded that the attack on Barker had absolutely nothing to do with the noose-hanging incident three months before. The nooses and two off-campus incidents were tied to Barker’s assault by people wanting to gain sympathy for the “Jena Six” in reaction to Walters’ extreme charges of attempted murder.

Much has been written about Bell’s trial, the six-person all-white jury that convicted him of aggravated battery and conspiracy to commit aggravated battery and the clueless public defender who called no witnesses and offered no defense. It is rarely mentioned that no black people responded to the jury summonses and that Bell’s public defender was black.

It’s almost never mentioned that Bell’s absentee father returned from Dallas and re-entered his son’s life only after Bell faced attempted-murder charges. At a bond hearing in August, Bell’s father and a parade of local ministers promised a judge that they would supervise Bell if he was released from prison.

Where were the promises and supervision before any of this?

It’s rarely mentioned that Bell was already on probation for assault when he was accused of participating in Barker’s attack. And it’s never mentioned that white people in the “racist” town of Jena provided Bell support and protected his football career long before Jesse, Al, Bell’s father and all the others took a sincere interest in Mychal Bell.

Next page >

To reach Jason Whitlock, call 816-234-4869 or send e-mail to jwhitlock@kcstar.com. For previous columns, go to KansasCity.com.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: Jason Whitlock drops knowledge on the Jena 6
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 08:44:00 PM »
I haven't read his comments, so I'm not saying whether I agree or disagree with him, I just want to point out that Whitlock is just a sports jock that writes for the Kansas City Star about Chiefs football; we aren't exactly talking about Nelson Mandela.  He's no authority on politics.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 09:17:53 PM »
Whitlock is without a doubt one of my favorite writers today.  His politics and sports are spot on.

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 11:45:56 PM »
interesting

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2007, 03:23:58 PM »
I haven't read his comments, so I'm not saying whether I agree or disagree with him, I just want to point out that Whitlock is just a sports jock that writes for the Kansas City Star about Chiefs football; we aren't exactly talking about Nelson Mandela.  He's no authority on politics.

Funny how his authority comes into question only when he historically disagrees with your side of the spectrum. If this guy was a muslim convert who promoted black segragation he could say peanut butter was the root of all evil and you'd find a way to justify it.

For the record, this isn't the South African apartheid, any intelligent black american is more of an authority on black life in America than Mandella is.

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2007, 06:56:59 PM »

For the record, this isn't the South African apartheid, any intelligent black american is more of an authority on black life in America than Mandella is.

What a ridiculous statement.

btw, I read the article and I really don't see what is so great about it.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 07:01:19 PM by Abdul-Infinite presents...Ottomankalifah.com »

BANANAS

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2007, 06:58:46 PM »
bryan, you are ridiculous.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2007, 10:49:53 PM »

Who said it was so great. The point was that this point of view could never be great to you unless Muhammed the Prophet was resurrected and said it himself.

And really, why would Nelson Mandella know more about how blacks are treated in the 21st centry USA than Jason Whitlock? I just don't see how Mandella would be in touch with anything here. He is a victim of real rock solid evil racism. Whitlock lives in a world of assumed racism, and that is what America is. In the South Africa that Mandella grew up in you didn't have to wonder whether or not the bus driver that refused to let you off in between stops was racist, you had to wonder whether the racist asshole was going to kill you in the beating you got or get tired before you die and you get to live. Nelson Mandella may know a lot about gun shot wounds to the head, but he may not know so much about paper cuts on the finger tip.

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2007, 11:20:00 PM »

Who said it was so great. The point was that this point of view could never be great to you unless Muhammed the Prophet was resurrected and said it himself.

And really, why would Nelson Mandella know more about how blacks are treated in the 21st centry USA than Jason Whitlock? I just don't see how Mandella would be in touch with anything here. He is a victim of real rock solid evil racism. Whitlock lives in a world of assumed racism, and that is what America is. In the South Africa that Mandella grew up in you didn't have to wonder whether or not the bus driver that refused to let you off in between stops was racist, you had to wonder whether the racist asshole was going to kill you in the beating you got or get tired before you die and you get to live. Nelson Mandella may know a lot about gun shot wounds to the head, but he may not know so much about paper cuts on the finger tip.
I don't know about this

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2007, 08:39:04 AM »

I don't know about this

Assumed doesn't mean it doesn't exist. It means it's not straight forward and certain. Have you ever been told by a store clerk "hey nigger don't wander around the store with out an employee. We don't want you stealing anything", or "we don't want your nigger service". Count up how many times you've experienced racism where the racism was presented up front and did not have to be decipherd and compare it to the number of times you had to figure out it was racism (and in actuality assume the racism because you could not be certain of it but were convinced enough to think so).

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2007, 08:26:31 PM »

Shallow, you do realize that Nelson Mandela has been to the US before, and is no doubt aware of the plight of African American's in this country.  Even if he hadn't lived here, this man is the most widely loved and respected man in all of Africa; he is one of the greatest political giants and hero's of the 20th century.  So to even suggest that a silly sportswriter such as Jason Whitlock is a better authority on American racial politics than Nelson Mandela is a totally ridiculous statement.  Jason Whitlock isn't even in the same universe as Nelson Mandela when it comes to politics.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 08:28:04 PM by Abdul-Infinite presents...Ottomankalifah.com »

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2007, 09:59:07 PM »

This whole argument is stupid. Too many times people look for the credibilty of the man rather than the truth in the words. All you said was that he wasn't an authority on black people. Who fucking cares? If you got a problem with what he said then address it, not him. What is he wrong about? If Mandella said the exact same thing how would that change anything? Other than the fact that stupid people would just believe because they think someone that knows what he's talking about said it. I don't care who Jason Whitlock is, or what he's accomplished. If I agree with him then I agree. If I don't then I don't. But if I don't know how to disprove someone's claims I don't resort to calling a man's authority into question.

Let's say we had two men and one question; 2x + 2=8; one man was an elite level mathematician who developed a new form of calculus and the other was a high school drop-out who couldn't figure out calculus to save his life. The mathetician says x=5, the drop-out says x=3. It doesn't fucking matter what the genius has done in his life or how he's changed math. The answer is 3 and there is no way around that. If you're homeless and can't read and you say it's 3, it's still 3. The mathematician said it's 5. He's wrong. Why? Because 2 times 5 plus 2 is 12, not 8. I can show you why he's wrong. Now why would a man of his intelligence say 5? The only logical reason would be that he's lying.

Jason Whitlock said that the Sharpton/Jackson circus waited 9 months to act. That Bell was already a two time offender with regards to assault before this incident and the same black community that rallies for him now did nothing for him in the last two years when he needed help (like they don't do for all the other kids in trouble). He said that the white kid that was attacked had nothing to do with the nooses or the racist incident and he used a black attorney's investigation as his evidence. Whitlock goes on to mention that while it was a white only jury, no black people responded to the call, implying that they could have been on the jury. And that his lawyer was black. He also mentions how the father who wants his son back abandoned the kid and only re-entered his life when the spotlights came on. Whitlock calls the father's ability to supervise into question. The moral of Whitlock's story is that too much of the black community in America does nothing while the signs of trouble start popping up and only respond after tragedy, then point fingers rather than try and prevent the disasters before they happen.

Why is he wrong? What is he lying about? Give me something other than "he's not Mandella".

Now if Mandella was the genius you claim he is then I think he'd agree with just about everything here. If he didn't then I'd want to see why, and if he couldn't show me why then I'd call him a liar.

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2007, 08:31:21 PM »
Shallow, now your changing your position in the argument, like a fat man adjusting his position in his chair to get a better grip of his rump.

You started out by trying to argue that Jason Whitlock or "any intelligent black man in America" was a better authority on American polotics then Nelson Mandela.  Well, that position obviously didn't work.

So you've moved your ass now to another position and you want to say "it doesn't matter whether Whitlock is an authority on polotics, he's right!"

Well, in response to that, first of all I'd say that no conclusion has been met on Whitlock being right.  Whitlock expecting Sharpton to somehow know about this guy before he made national headlines is ridiculous.  How could Sharpton have known about him?   And, Whitlock is trying to point out that black people didn't do enough to help this kid before he made national headlines, well, that's quite possible, I guess... but pointing that out doesn't make Whitlock a political genuis.

Whitlock belongs in sports.  And like Elijah Muhammad and Malcolm X used to say, the white man always tries to bring an athlete or any uncle tom they can find, to come out and speak publically for their position on an issue.

BANANAS

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2007, 08:43:33 PM »
bryan, you are the white man. how are you working to destroy the black race?

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2007, 07:48:57 AM »
Shallow, now your changing your position in the argument, like a fat man adjusting his position in his chair to get a better grip of his rump.

You started out by trying to argue that Jason Whitlock or "any intelligent black man in America" was a better authority on American polotics then Nelson Mandela.  Well, that position obviously didn't work.

So you've moved your ass now to another position and you want to say "it doesn't matter whether Whitlock is an authority on polotics, he's right!"

Well, in response to that, first of all I'd say that no conclusion has been met on Whitlock being right.  Whitlock expecting Sharpton to somehow know about this guy before he made national headlines is ridiculous.  How could Sharpton have known about him?   And, Whitlock is trying to point out that black people didn't do enough to help this kid before he made national headlines, well, that's quite possible, I guess... but pointing that out doesn't make Whitlock a political genuis.

Whitlock belongs in sports.  And like Elijah Muhammad and Malcolm X used to say, the white man always tries to bring an athlete or any uncle tom they can find, to come out and speak publically for their position on an issue.

My positioned never changed. I was just trying to get away from the devilish tactics you used to discredit a man and ignore his argument. Prove me wrong. My position holds steady. Jason Whitlock and written about the black race in America for a long time in his columns and has appeared on many TV shows debating Sharpton and his ilk. Oprah had him on as a guest during the Imus fiasco.

What has Mandella ever written or discussed with regards to the social issues of America. If this argument was about foreign policy then Mandella would be a better choice to listen to.

Show me what Mandella has said about blacks in America and prove me wrong.

P.S. Whitlocks position on Sharpton has been the ame for years now. He claims he and Jackson are opportunistic fire starters who only wait for the spotlight to come on before they jump in and light the flames. They waited for Jena to get huge national coverage then spoke out about it. And he's not talking about just this case or Bell in particular. he is saying that in black communities all over the country blacks avoid sings and avoid resposibility and look for excuses and someone to complain to because doing what is needed is too hard. And I happen to agree with that. Why do you disagree?