Author Topic: Hip Hop Activists Call for Mass Walk Outs To Support Jena 6  (Read 220 times)

Big_Ron

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I'm a llama!
Hip Hop Activists Call for Mass Walk Outs To Support Jena 6
« on: September 26, 2007, 10:58:01 PM »
Hip Hop artist/Activist Mos Def along with fellow rap and hip hop notables M1, Talib Kweli, and the Malcolm X Grassroots Movement, Sankofa Community Empowerment, Change the Game, National Hip Hop Political Convention, Hip Hop Association, and student leaders from 50 campuses call for a National Student Walk-Out to rally and show support for the Jena 6, who are being denied their human rights by the Louisiana criminal justice system.

The Case of the Jena 6

Last fall, when two Black high school students sat under the "white" tree on their campus, white students responded by hanging nooses from the tree. When Black students protested the light punishment for the students who hung the nooses, District Attorney Reed Walters came to the school and told the students he could "take [their] lives away with a stroke of [his] pen." Racial tension continued to mount in Jena, and the District Attorney did nothing in response to several egregious cases of violence and threats against black students. But when a white student--who had been a vocal supporter of the student's who hung the nooses, taunted a black student, called several black students "nigger"--sustained minor injuries from a school fight, six black students were charged with second-degree attempted murder. Last month, the first young man to be tried, Mychal Bell, was convicted. He faced up to 22 years in prison for a school fight until the Black people began to organize and his conviction was thrown out because he was tried as an adult. However the DA and the Judge still refuse to set a reasonable bail or to drop the charges in this case and Mychal is still in jail!!!

Mos Def is asking students worldwide to assist in the fight against racial injustice and show solidarity for these young people, who have been treated unequally by the law. The prosecution of these young men symbolizes a terrible miscarriage of justice, by punishing students who opposed segregation in their schools and disregarding the threatening acts of others who advocate it.

As students and activistswe say enough is enough! What is happening in Jena is happening all over this country. From Sean Bell to Mychal Bell, the criminal justice system is killing and incarcerating us. We will not be silent!

Demands
Judge J.P. Mauffray and District Attorney Reed Walters have engaged in a string of egregious actions, the most recent of which was the denial of bail for Bell on Friday. We call for:

1. All charges against the Jena 6 be dropped

2. The immediate release of Mychal Bell

3. The United States Department of Justice to convene an immediate inquiry into the circumstances surrounding the arrests and prosecutions of the Jena 6;

4. Judge Mauffray to be recused from presiding over Bell's juvenile court hearings or other proceedings;

5. The Louisiana Office of Disciplinary Counsel to investigate Reed Walters for unethical and possibly illegal conduct;

6. The Louisiana Judiciary Commission investigate Judge Mauffray for unethical conduct; and

7. The Jena School District superintendent to be removed from office.

Other endorsers include: Common, Immortal Technique, NyOil, Cynthia McKinney

For more info contact: info@mxgm.org
National Call To Action Monday, October 1st, 2007 at Noon Central Time

Source: www.thuglifearmy.com

Trauma-san

Re: Hip Hop Activists Call for Mass Walk Outs To Support Jena 6
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 06:47:39 AM »
"Drop all charges"

Yeah, Black kids should be able to beat the shit out of white kids.  These Hip Hop "activists" just make themselves look like the ignorant fucking fools that they are when they spout this shit. 

Narrator

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 06:53:55 AM »
Black kids should be able to beat the shit out of white kids.

Blacks should be allowed to kill crackers whenever they feel like it.  It is what Allah wills.

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 08:26:48 AM »
lol @ minor injuries, didnt he get knocked out from one punch to the back of the head? then stomped out by the "6" in question? i dont think it was a murder attempt but they atleast need to go down for assault.

lost a bit of respect for those rappers with this "Racial Injustice" bullshit...

everlast1986

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2007, 09:43:45 AM »
i dont think it was a murder attempt but they atleast need to go down for assault.

exactly

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2007, 10:51:26 AM »
fucin celebrities

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2007, 10:56:11 AM »
Mos Def is an afrocentric, always has been. Do you really think he simply cares THAT much about 6 random people, or really thinks their sentence is THAT off? Hell no. He just sees the opportunity. Like many other of those so-called activists. Similiar to those muslims who went buckwild over a danish cartoon. You really think this cartoon designed by someone in the middle of nowhere bothers them THAT much? Hell no. They just saw the opportunity.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2007, 05:42:16 PM »
Mos Def is an afrocentric, always has been. Do you really think he simply cares THAT much about 6 random people, or really thinks their sentence is THAT off? Hell no. He just sees the opportunity. Like many other of those so-called activists. Similiar to those muslims who went buckwild over a danish cartoon. You really think this cartoon designed by someone in the middle of nowhere bothers them THAT much? Hell no. They just saw the opportunity.

The people that presented the cartoon no, but the dimwits that rioted are simply that stupid. Like the morons that rioted over Rodney King, the coke snorting woman beater.

A lot of blacks in North America are so brainwashed to assume racism at every turn that when something with direct racism attatched to it comes up (like the nooses involved) many go crazy with their stupidity.

BANANAS

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2007, 12:03:54 AM »
another step backwards for truly progressive black people. sorry y'all, i'm with you to the end but i will talk shit.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2007, 07:34:13 AM »

The people that presented the cartoon no, but the dimwits that rioted are simply that stupid. Like the morons that rioted over Rodney King, the coke snorting woman beater.

A lot of blacks in North America are so brainwashed to assume racism at every turn that when something with direct racism attatched to it comes up (like the nooses involved) many go crazy with their stupidity.

I'm not saying none of them are like that, but I assume Mos Def to be brighter.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2007, 03:37:30 PM »

I'm not saying none of them are like that, but I assume Mos Def to be brighter.

Something tells me that if I saw Mos Def and his friends at a restaurant let's say they were talking louder than anyone else in the place (just by chance) and I asked them to keep it down, he'd assume racism.

Remember that stupid concert he did on NY city streets where he was taken away by the cops? He went so far out of his way to look like a thug and make it seem like he was performing violent music just to get the cops to respond. I know plenty of guys like that. They purposely do shit to get in trouble and then cry foul. And all of them have the same view of white America that Infinite does.

I think Mos and Infinite would really hit it off and agree with each other on a lot of things.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2007, 11:37:07 PM »
it's really sad, the whole situation really. the 6 kids should never have had to go what they went through period.....HOWEVER, the way they responded was illogical and on a more degradable level, to a) dude who got knocked out b) the entire black community

as for these rappers. they don't care about these people, it's just another way to have their name in the media.

"you know it's sad but true" james hetfield

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09