Author Topic: It's on...got myself tickets for the Kanye West/Common concert!  (Read 295 times)

Elevz

Re: It's on...got myself tickets for the Kanye West/Common concert!
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2007, 07:34:28 AM »
Hmmm. A friend of mine asked me to go see Kanye with him. I told him no. But why?

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2007, 08:08:59 AM »
^^^^You're missing out on something if you're not going imo. You'll get your money's worth, that's for sure.

Anyone been to a Kanye show before? How long are his sets?

I went to a show of his last year and it lasted about an hour a half. But now, with this orchestra that he's bringing along, it wouldn't surprise me if he makes it a 2-hour show.

@ Theodore: yeah, it's in the club section of Vorst. It still has the capacity of about 5000 people though if I'm not mistaken. And I think that IF the concert would get sold out, they would let hem perform in Vorst itself, not the club section (no idea what the 'club section' is btw. It's something new they started in Vorst. My guess is that it's the normal concert venue but with less space...so it's in the same room).

Theodore

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2007, 10:27:09 AM »
aight. the official site says it will last 2.5 hours with break, but i guess this will also inlcude common's show and maybe even a-trak's set..

Elevz

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2007, 10:56:04 AM »
^^^^You're missing out on something if you're not going imo. You'll get your money's worth, that's for sure.

I don't really think Kanye is all that great. Definately not worth €37 for me. I would pay €25 for Common though. But with this being a Kanye concert, with Common only as a support act, I'm not that sure about it.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2007, 03:51:50 PM »

Anyone been to a Kanye show before? How long are his sets?

I went to a show of his last year and it lasted about an hour a half. But now, with this orchestra that he's bringing along, it wouldn't surprise me if he makes it a 2-hour show.

@ Theodore: yeah, it's in the club section of Vorst. It still has the capacity of about 5000 people though if I'm not mistaken. And I think that IF the concert would get sold out, they would let hem perform in Vorst itself, not the club section (no idea what the 'club section' is btw. It's something new they started in Vorst. My guess is that it's the normal concert venue but with less space...so it's in the same room).

Hour and a half? I couldn't justify paying over 30 bucks for that. I need somewhere from 2 and a half to 3 hours for anything over 75 bucks. 2 hours is the absolute minimum I would stand for. Unless it was one of those big acts you just want to see once in your life. Like let's say I never heard Aretha Franklin sing live in my life and she was in town and I had cash on hand. I'd pay more than I would normally and wouldn't expect much of a show because of her age. But if an artist wanted to have me come back for a second show they better put out 2 and a half hours of solid entertainment.