Author Topic: Jailed Jena Six Member Mychal Bell Freed On Bail  (Read 295 times)

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Jailed Jena Six Member Mychal Bell Freed On Bail
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2007, 02:55:09 PM »
I have no problem accepting it could be racism. But given the pictures of Barker's face from the hospital and the fact that Bell was a third time offender I'd need a lot to let him out on bail to be with a father that abandoned him. Louisiana law states you cannot be tried as an adult unless it's a case of murder or attempted murder and as a judge I'd like to let the community know that accusations of stomping on a kid while down is something that should be taken very seriously. I think Ive already mentioned the kid here from a few years back that went retarted because of stomps and kicks to the head. And there was also another kid in my high school that had a permant tick and speech problem because of the same thing happening to him. I'd treat white kids doing that the same way. Not try and make sure black kids get off on crimes like that as well.

I know full well how the media can spin things but I also know what I see with my own eyes every day. Black people just don't get as mad when stupid street crime kills their community as they do when a cop eraid kicks down doors and makes arrests.
Like I said before blacks do get upset when their community is filled with crime and drugs but the media doesn't show. Also, I've never seen black people riot over someone door being kicked in and raided (because most likely its a drug dealer or a criminal doing mischief  in the neighborhood). The whole picture your not seeing is that the people get upset when the police who should be protecting are just as fucked up as the criminals in the neighborhood or when justice and equality isn't being carried out. Your just assuming because thats how the media makes it look.

I'm assuming based on what I see in my neighborhoods. I don't need the media to tell me anything. You cannot deny that the culture sympathizes far more with the drug trade than it does white cop on black crime. It's a perfectly natural reaction. When people feel like they are being attacked as a group by an outsider they band together more than they would when it's an attack with in the group. Denying that is denying human nature patterns from all over the world. A black community would get upset by a gang drive-by killing an innocent kid. They'd get more upset by an outsider shooting like the cops doing the same thing. I'm not saying what they should get more upset about in theory. I'm arguing that if they reacted as strongly to the problems from with in as they do the problems from with out then the problems from with out would slowly go away. If the black community decided to slowly reject welfare, practise safe sex and reduce pregnancy, put real social pressure on young men to marry or stay with their women, etc then you'd see a lot less angry black teenage males causing trouble and less of a justifiable reason to infiltrate black communities by corrupt cops. The group in power will always find a scape goat and exploit that scape goat. If Nat Turner's revolution succeeded and a lot of southern states wer're black run don't think for a second that the black elite wouldn't someone to look down on someone, whether it be mexican, west indy, or something else. The point is that you can't fix the devil. He'll always be around and he'll always corrupt the powerful. You can fix your home though. If you got a hole in your roof and it's raining you plug the hole. You don't complain to the clouds and hope they'll listen. Fix what you can first then attempt to figure out how to fix what you can't.
I do strongly agree with that.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2007, 04:45:10 PM »
I have no problem accepting it could be racism. But given the pictures of Barker's face from the hospital and the fact that Bell was a third time offender I'd need a lot to let him out on bail to be with a father that abandoned him. Louisiana law states you cannot be tried as an adult unless it's a case of murder or attempted murder and as a judge I'd like to let the community know that accusations of stomping on a kid while down is something that should be taken very seriously. I think Ive already mentioned the kid here from a few years back that went retarted because of stomps and kicks to the head. And there was also another kid in my high school that had a permant tick and speech problem because of the same thing happening to him. I'd treat white kids doing that the same way. Not try and make sure black kids get off on crimes like that as well.

I know full well how the media can spin things but I also know what I see with my own eyes every day. Black people just don't get as mad when stupid street crime kills their community as they do when a cop eraid kicks down doors and makes arrests.
Like I said before blacks do get upset when their community is filled with crime and drugs but the media doesn't show. Also, I've never seen black people riot over someone door being kicked in and raided (because most likely its a drug dealer or a criminal doing mischief  in the neighborhood). The whole picture your not seeing is that the people get upset when the police who should be protecting are just as fucked up as the criminals in the neighborhood or when justice and equality isn't being carried out. Your just assuming because thats how the media makes it look.

I'm assuming based on what I see in my neighborhoods. I don't need the media to tell me anything. You cannot deny that the culture sympathizes far more with the drug trade than it does white cop on black crime. It's a perfectly natural reaction. When people feel like they are being attacked as a group by an outsider they band together more than they would when it's an attack with in the group. Denying that is denying human nature patterns from all over the world. A black community would get upset by a gang drive-by killing an innocent kid. They'd get more upset by an outsider shooting like the cops doing the same thing. I'm not saying what they should get more upset about in theory. I'm arguing that if they reacted as strongly to the problems from with in as they do the problems from with out then the problems from with out would slowly go away. If the black community decided to slowly reject welfare, practise safe sex and reduce pregnancy, put real social pressure on young men to marry or stay with their women, etc then you'd see a lot less angry black teenage males causing trouble and less of a justifiable reason to infiltrate black communities by corrupt cops. The group in power will always find a scape goat and exploit that scape goat. If Nat Turner's revolution succeeded and a lot of southern states wer're black run don't think for a second that the black elite wouldn't someone to look down on someone, whether it be mexican, west indy, or something else. The point is that you can't fix the devil. He'll always be around and he'll always corrupt the powerful. You can fix your home though. If you got a hole in your roof and it's raining you plug the hole. You don't complain to the clouds and hope they'll listen. Fix what you can first then attempt to figure out how to fix what you can't.

Something so disagreeable with the rest of it?

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2007, 09:05:46 PM »

I don't get the whole Nat Turner thing, you mind breaking it down clearer?

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2007, 05:12:13 PM »
damn, i was so fuckin ready for that riot, i started collectin rocks to throw at my neighbour's windows  :-\

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2007, 06:20:51 PM »

I don't get the whole Nat Turner thing, you mind breaking it down clearer?

Nat Turner was a slave that started or attempted to start a revolution in the south way back when and attempt to create black country in the south. If that happened way back then and blacks ended up with their own country run by blacks then there would be a lower group that would be there to do the dirty work of the country and that group would be oppressed socially and emotionally. People on top needed people on the very bottom to stay there. Now what that group would have ended up being could be anything from latinos, to carribean blacks, to african immigrants, to whites captured in the revolution. Regardless of what the group looked down on would it would be someone. In Greece which isn't even a first world country they look down on Albanians and blame them for almost all crime.