Author Topic: Woman gives birth to her own grandchildren  (Read 696 times)

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Woman gives birth to her own grandchildren
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2007, 03:54:54 PM »
lol only in the northeast

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2007, 06:11:44 PM »
You guys can argue all you want, the fact is, a TRUE mother, by definition, is a female who births a child. Just like Low Key is tryna say that they added the word "surrogate" for a reason, they also added the word "foster" for a reason as well...PeACe

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2007, 06:25:52 PM »
You guys can argue all you want, the fact is, a TRUE mother, by definition, is a female who births a child. Just like Low Key is tryna say that they added the word "surrogate" for a reason, they also added the word "foster" for a reason as well...PeACe

And? Foster parents are temporary parents until adoption, just as a surrogate mother is just a way to bring the child into this world, but the real mother is the woman's daughter. If everyone thought it was all good to just call the woman the mother, why would anyone even bother coming up with the word surrogate? Obviously there is a difference, and the word was created to make that point.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2007, 07:57:41 PM »
^Still, they are not your biological parents. Is the girl who got custody of the child the biological mother in this case? A biological mother is technically the female who births the child...PeACe

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2007, 08:54:45 PM »
giving birth doesn't make you a mom, to me a true mother is the person who raises you.  my aunt took in my cousin's bestfriend, who's black, and til this day he calls my aunt "mom"  he doesn't consider the person who gave birth to him as his mother. 
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

swangin and bangin

« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2007, 09:27:25 PM »
giving birth doesn't make you a mom, to me a true mother is the person who raises you.  my aunt took in my cousin's bestfriend, who's black, and til this day he calls my aunt "mom"  he doesn't consider the person who gave birth to him as his mother. 
yea like that quote

any guy can be a father but it takes a man to be a dad or some shit

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2007, 10:25:27 PM »
^Still, they are not your biological parents. Is the girl who got custody of the child the biological mother in this case? A biological mother is technically the female who births the child...PeACe

You are trying to corrilate me being adopted with something completely seperate. The woman couldn't have children used her egg and her husband's sperm to create an embryo. At that point, that makes them the biological parents. Biology is what you are made up of. The kid isn't from the grandmother's DNA, therefore she isn't the biological mother.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2007, 11:52:23 AM »
LOL@thinking that growing and developing in someone has no affect on the fetus.

The term biological mother is used to describe the mother who birthed the child. It was on wikipedia yesterday, but one of you stubborn cats deleted it.

And aren't you the one who came in here and said that you were adopted, but consider your mom and dad your real parents? I was just explaining to you the difference between biological parents and what a person may consider their true parents...PeACe

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2007, 12:15:13 PM »
My life as a surrogate mother
By Jo Carlowe
She's had eight children and given three of them away. Here she tells gomamatoday her story, very matter-of-factly...

Lorraine Reid, 39, is married and her own children are aged between six and 17.

How and why did you become a surrogate?
- I read about surrogacy when I was pregnant with my fourth child. I liked being pregnant and wanted to help childless couples so I got in touch with COTS (the UK's surrogacy organisation).The first couple had been trying for a baby for 10 years. The procedure was straightforward. I inseminated myself with a syringe. The sperm came from the husband and I provided the egg. The mother lived nearby so she came round when I did the pregnancy test. When she saw it was positive she was hysterical – laughing and crying.

So you are the biological mother?
 - Yes, of both the first and second surrogate children, but the third [born in September 2006] involved an embryo transfer from the mother. So she is the biological mother.

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2007, 12:15:47 PM »
NIK you're wrong on this one.. SGV and the others are right..

It's the daughters eggs so she is the biological mother..

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2007, 12:22:11 PM »
NIK, do you have paypal or anything?

How about everybody here sends you some money and you can buy a big mirror and argue with yourself for a couple of hours before you log in here.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2007, 12:25:14 PM »
LOL@thinking that growing and developing in someone has no affect on the fetus.

The term biological mother is used to describe the mother who birthed the child. It was on wikipedia yesterday, but one of you stubborn cats deleted it.

And aren't you the one who came in here and said that you were adopted, but consider your mom and dad your real parents? I was just explaining to you the difference between biological parents and what a person may consider their true parents...PeACe

I have biological parents I have never met before. I was in foster care until I was 3 months old, then my real parents got me. That is why they are my REAL parents. They raised me and love me. They are not my biological parents because I am not from their DNA. I know exactly what biological parents are. Being adopted and having a surrogate mother are two completely different things.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #57 on: October 04, 2007, 03:09:42 PM »

biological parent
–noun a parent who has conceived (biological mother) or sired (biological father) rather than adopted a child and whose genes are therefore transmitted to the child. 

www.dictionary.com

Now lets look up conceive, shall we?

con·ceive      /kənˈsiv/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[kuhn-seev] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation verb, -ceived, -ceiv·ing.
–verb (used with object) 1. to form (a notion, opinion, purpose, etc.): He conceived the project while he was on vacation. 
2. to form a notion or idea of; imagine. 
3. to hold as an opinion; think; believe: I can't conceive that it would be of any use. 
4. to experience or form (a feeling): to conceive a great love for music. 
5. to express, as in words. 
6. to become pregnant with.

www.dictionary.com

:grumpy:

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: October 04, 2007, 03:48:24 PM »
Now let's look up "assisted conception":

• Surrogacy: another woman carries your embryo, or a donor embryo, to term and gives the baby to you after birth.

More recently, sophisticated assisted conception treatments have made it possible for a surrogate to carry a baby that is completely the biological child of the infertile couple. This is achieved by using an embryo conceived through in vitro fertilisation (IVF) or a similar method, and is known as partial, gestational, or host IVF surrogacy. It is also possible for a surrogate to carry a donated embryo to term.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #59 on: October 04, 2007, 04:03:55 PM »
^^I refuse to believe that growing and developing in someone doesn't have an affect on who you are. Keep reading them definitions, bro.