Author Topic: Woman gives birth to her own grandchildren  (Read 682 times)

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Woman gives birth to her own grandchildren
« Reply #60 on: October 04, 2007, 04:44:08 PM »
The goalposts just moved.

SGV

« Reply #61 on: October 04, 2007, 05:28:54 PM »
^^I refuse to believe that growing and developing in someone doesn't have an affect on who you are. Keep reading them definitions, bro.

But you call us stubborn?

Surrogate Mother: A woman who carries and gives birth to the child of another woman[/size], who is usually infertile, by way of a pre-arranged legal contract.
http://glossary.adoption.com/surrogate-mother.html

a woman who carries and gives birth to a baby on behalf of another woman, especially one who becomes pregnant by artificial insemination with sperm from the other woman's partner or by the implantation of an egg taken from the other woman and fertilized in vitro with her partner's sperm.
http://www.allwords.com/word-surrogate%20mother.html

Definition and Types of Surrogacy
by: Jenn Z.

A surrogate mother is a woman who carries a child for someone else, usually an infertile couple. There are two different types of surrogacy. They are traditional surrogacy and gestational surrogacy. Explanations for both types can be found below.

Traditional Surrogacy

In traditional surrogacy, the surrogate mother is artificially inseminated with the sperm of the intended father or sperm donor. The surrogate's own egg will be used, thus she will be the genetic mother of the resulting child.

Usually, the intended father's name is put directly on the birth certificate and the intended mother will need to do a step-parent adoption, however, laws regarding this issue vary from state to state. Consult a lawyer who is knowledgable about surrogacy laws in your state to learn more.

Gestational Surrogacy (NIK: This what took place in this case with the grandmother and her daughter)

In a gestational surrogacy, the surrogate mother is not genetically related to the child. Eggs are extracted from the intended mother or egg donor and mixed with sperm from the intended father or sperm donor in vitro. The embryos are then transferred into the surrogate's uterus. Embryos which are not transferred may be frozen and used for transfer at a later time if the first transfer does not result in pregnancy.

In many areas, the intended parents may petition the court during the third trimester of pregnancy to have both of their names placed directly on the birth certificate, however, laws regarding this issue vary from state to state. Consult a lawyer who is knowledgable about surrogacy laws in your state to learn more. 
http://www.surromomsonline.com/articles/define.htm

a woman who gives birth to a child not her own, with the intent to give that child up to at least one of the biological parents once it is born
http://www.ninjawords.com/surrogate%20mother

Are you saying ALL of these sources are wrong? What you're looking up is a specific definition. But its not pertaining to this specific case. In this case, birthing the child does NOT constitute the woman as the mother. The only stubborn one here is YOU. You're mistaken in this case.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #62 on: October 04, 2007, 05:44:30 PM »
I stand corrected...But it's still hard for me to believe that having a fetus grow in you for 9 months and birthing that fetus doesn't give you any mother credentials.. ...I'd imagine that the baby gets a lot from the person it develops in...I bet this is controversial.

SGV

« Reply #63 on: October 04, 2007, 10:06:51 PM »
Ummm I'm not sure what growing in a womans stomach does for a baby. I guess that MIGHT be a possibility. But I wouldn't know exactly how... I'm sure the DNA from the biological parents would have the most, if not all, of the influence on the baby.

GimmeYourShoes

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #64 on: October 05, 2007, 04:16:32 AM »
^^I refuse to believe that growing and developing in someone doesn't have an affect on who you are. Keep reading them definitions, bro.
In human reproduction, only a sperm and an egg shell determine your genetic inheritance, nothing else. A fertilized egg shell has the needed genetic information to build a new individual, it needs only oxygen and nutriment to develop. In uterus, a fetus, and its previous forms, gets oxygen and nutriment through a biblical cord. Oxygen and nutriment are environmental factors, which right amount determine how healthy is the baby to be born. They have no affect on what kind of colour your hair is to be etc.

I hope this helps.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6</a>

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #65 on: October 05, 2007, 04:23:32 AM »
I stand corrected...But it's still hard for me to believe that having a fetus grow in you for 9 months and birthing that fetus doesn't give you any mother credentials.. ...I'd imagine that the baby gets a lot from the person it develops in...I bet this is controversial.

woah, are you saying that you are wrong??

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #66 on: October 05, 2007, 10:02:09 AM »

woah, are you saying that you are wrong??

I was wrong to say that birthing a child of someone else makes you the sole biological parent (I don't even know if I really said that, though), but I refuse to believe that growing/developing in someone has no affect on the fetus. What you feed it, the moods you're in, the way you're built, etc... all that factors in with the development of the baby, making the carrier the mother in some way, at least. It's not a simple topic, this isn't even incorporated into definitions, since "surrogate mother", as we know it, is something completely different...PeACe
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 10:04:24 AM by Now_I_Know »

Hey Ma

« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2007, 05:33:49 PM »
thats ill he got to smash his wife and her momma with no strain on the relationship

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #68 on: October 07, 2007, 12:17:43 AM »
thats ill he got to smash his wife and her momma with no strain on the relationship

no he didnt. did you read the article?