Author Topic: RBX - Broken Silence [NEW ALBUM]  (Read 8170 times)

Snoopafly-1986

Re: RBX - Broken Silence [NEW ALBUM]
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2007, 12:35:17 AM »
have to admit I've always kind of digged dude's rapping style its very different others would call it whack but I think its actually dope but he does tend to recycle his verses

d-nice

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2007, 12:44:34 AM »
have to admit I've always kind of digged dude's rapping style its very different others would call it whack but I think its actually dope but he does tend to recycle his verses

If I hear one more I drops bombs like Hiroshima or Nagasaki from him  >:( ;D

Thanks for that article Tusken, I had forgot E had a interview with Dubcnn back then and addressed it.

d-nice

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2007, 12:51:39 AM »
Oh that Legend of Jimmy Bones is the shit. Definitely would like to see x work more with Fred Wreck in the future. I liked the beats on X's first album but the 2nd was hit and miss and the one on Daz's label was a little better but also consistent IMO. I am bumping his new one right now and the beats fit his style more on this one.

Legend of Jimmy Bones is tight,if the album with Ren sound anything like that,shit is going to be tight. The track they did on "Ruthless for Life" was terrible,so it can be a hit and miss project. They need some hard beats,they don´t fit over g-funk beats. As for rating the RBX albums,the first one is clearly the best. I actually like think the 2nd is pretty consistent too,the next two was in my opinion all over the place,but I still enjoy them.

I never understood why more artists especially in the DPGC camp do not have Fred Wreck do more beats. But yeah Ren and X definitely need some hard hitting beats. I always liked the combo of X and E White also. Although no one will confirm whether or not a duo album was done on Doggystyle.

Yeah,that´s strange. I had a quick chat with him around the time he was working on The Atoms,everything looked good around then as far as working with the DPGC camp. But that never materalized,so I wonder if the beats for that project ended up on the Bones OST? Didn´t E-White and X only have one duo track? As far as I remember they never recorded anything....wait.... I have pretty good memory,here´s the E-White interview;

E-WHITE  (December 2003) | Interview By: Nima
http://www.dubcnn.com/interviews/ewhite/
dubcnn.com: We heard you and RBX are a group “Black & Blue” can you tell us about that project?

I wasn’t really down with the group album, not necessarily because it’s with RBX, I’m not with a group album with nobody, to make my entrance in this game, whoever can’t understand that, just can’t understand that, I’ll do what I got to do to come out solo, to start my career, I don’t need to have a parent helping me, feeling like they got to break my record, we got to go pay a gang for a bunch of features, paying full price for a heavy hitting beat, I got relationships with hard hitting producers, that reach out to me and make me aspire to keep on doing what I’m doing, come down to get down, holla, I’m working with you.

dubcnn.com: How could they talk about the project if you weren’t with it from the beginning?

You know how it is, I guess sometimes, when your not on the best communication terms, with all people involved in the project, then some things get misconstrued, or a piece might be missing, one person may think this is happening and then another person is under a completely different assumption, and it’s not like one particular person to blame, but we all need to be under some kind of communication, where this type of loophole, isn’t going down, and I’m always going to stand up for what I believe in, number one I remain as humble as possible, in all aspects because this is something that is very serious, and if you ever speak your mind and your opinion and how you feel and what you seen and been through, in the time that we live in, I don’t worry about how good or bad the money may be, I stay focused and I know that I’m blessed, You know out of all the minorities coming up and to be heard by millions is a blessing I stay hooked on that and I stay knowing that, two years ago I didn’t have the opportunity to expand on the situations, but like I said I feel strongly in what I believe, I got a whole lot to say I’m not no straight chicken right here, I’m a full grown man I’ve lived I’ve experienced, I’ve been nothing, I’ve been the shit I’ve been shit, I’m ready to speak, I’m ready to live it, I’m ready to testify to that.

dubcnn.com: So there is no group album happening right?

Not at all, their might be a group but it won’t involve me.

Here´s a little odd RBX track,this might be a little too odd for some of you.
Fieldy´s Dream; Rock N Roll Gangster

17 Do What You Feel ft. RBX and Polarbear.m4a produced by Polarbear
http://www.mediafire.com/?0acywzbp3nm

I actually have that Fieldy album, it was ehh.

d-nice

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2007, 01:40:21 AM »
Oh that Legend of Jimmy Bones is the shit. Definitely would like to see x work more with Fred Wreck in the future. I liked the beats on X's first album but the 2nd was hit and miss and the one on Daz's label was a little better but also consistent IMO. I am bumping his new one right now and the beats fit his style more on this one.

Legend of Jimmy Bones is tight,if the album with Ren sound anything like that,shit is going to be tight. The track they did on "Ruthless for Life" was terrible,so it can be a hit and miss project. They need some hard beats,they don´t fit over g-funk beats. As for rating the RBX albums,the first one is clearly the best. I actually like think the 2nd is pretty consistent too,the next two was in my opinion all over the place,but I still enjoy them.

I never understood why more artists especially in the DPGC camp do not have Fred Wreck do more beats. But yeah Ren and X definitely need some hard hitting beats. I always liked the combo of X and E White also. Although no one will confirm whether or not a duo album was done on Doggystyle.

Yeah,that´s strange. I had a quick chat with him around the time he was working on The Atoms,everything looked good around then as far as working with the DPGC camp. But that never materalized,so I wonder if the beats for that project ended up on the Bones OST? Didn´t E-White and X only have one duo track? As far as I remember they never recorded anything....wait.... I have pretty good memory,here´s the E-White interview;

E-WHITE  (December 2003) | Interview By: Nima
http://www.dubcnn.com/interviews/ewhite/
dubcnn.com: We heard you and RBX are a group “Black & Blue” can you tell us about that project?

I wasn’t really down with the group album, not necessarily because it’s with RBX, I’m not with a group album with nobody, to make my entrance in this game, whoever can’t understand that, just can’t understand that, I’ll do what I got to do to come out solo, to start my career, I don’t need to have a parent helping me, feeling like they got to break my record, we got to go pay a gang for a bunch of features, paying full price for a heavy hitting beat, I got relationships with hard hitting producers, that reach out to me and make me aspire to keep on doing what I’m doing, come down to get down, holla, I’m working with you.

dubcnn.com: How could they talk about the project if you weren’t with it from the beginning?

You know how it is, I guess sometimes, when your not on the best communication terms, with all people involved in the project, then some things get misconstrued, or a piece might be missing, one person may think this is happening and then another person is under a completely different assumption, and it’s not like one particular person to blame, but we all need to be under some kind of communication, where this type of loophole, isn’t going down, and I’m always going to stand up for what I believe in, number one I remain as humble as possible, in all aspects because this is something that is very serious, and if you ever speak your mind and your opinion and how you feel and what you seen and been through, in the time that we live in, I don’t worry about how good or bad the money may be, I stay focused and I know that I’m blessed, You know out of all the minorities coming up and to be heard by millions is a blessing I stay hooked on that and I stay knowing that, two years ago I didn’t have the opportunity to expand on the situations, but like I said I feel strongly in what I believe, I got a whole lot to say I’m not no straight chicken right here, I’m a full grown man I’ve lived I’ve experienced, I’ve been nothing, I’ve been the shit I’ve been shit, I’m ready to speak, I’m ready to live it, I’m ready to testify to that.

dubcnn.com: So there is no group album happening right?

Not at all, their might be a group but it won’t involve me.

Here´s a little odd RBX track,this might be a little too odd for some of you.
Fieldy´s Dream; Rock N Roll Gangster

17 Do What You Feel ft. RBX and Polarbear.m4a produced by Polarbear
http://www.mediafire.com/?0acywzbp3nm

I actually have that Fieldy album, it was ehh.

True,true,I bought it because I´m a RBX fan. I guess the intensions was good,but....

It's all good. I started getting into Korn's music and decided to give it a spin. A couple cool tracks but it just was not my style.

d-nice

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2007, 02:14:24 AM »
With the stable of producers DPGC has at their disposal, it amazes me what producers some of them pick for their albums.

d-nice

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2007, 02:40:06 AM »
Nah I did not hear any either. LOL! Yeah Soopa and Fred with Polarbear and Greg Royal would work. Daz too, if he would stop sleep walking with his beats and make some hard hitting shit. I dig that Niggarachi beat on the album. That shit is bangin.

MR_JV

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2007, 09:24:45 AM »
can someone up the snoop beat. thats all im really checking for?

Snoopafly-1986

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2007, 10:20:15 AM »
Snoop makes beats now?

d-nice

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2007, 10:35:11 AM »
Snoop makes beats now?

Yeah he just put out a whole Doggystyle compilation called the Big Squeeze and he produced almost the entire album. Not bad.

Snoopafly-1986

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2007, 10:44:52 AM »
Snoop makes beats now?

Yeah he just put out a whole Doggystyle compilation called the Big Squeeze and he produced almost the entire album. Not bad.

damn didn't know that I know he did some coproducing on the Doggfather album Wake Up with LT Hutton but how much of that was Snoop don't know but that track was one of my favorites

d-nice

« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2007, 10:46:18 AM »
Snoop makes beats now?

damn didn't know that I know he did some coproducing on the Doggfather album Wake Up with LT Hutton but how much of that was Snoop don't know but that track was one of my favorites

Well these beats are not quite on the level of his DR stuff but most are decent.

d-nice

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2007, 11:12:59 AM »
I assume his Death Row work was more in the line of DIRECTION producing and maybe bringing in samples rather than actually doing the BEATS himself.

Exactly.

d-nice

« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2007, 09:44:17 AM »
I like his stuff from a lyrics standpoint. Sometimes he does recycle to death but alot of artists do. His new one is starting to grow on me a little bit now that I have listened to it a couple times all the way through.

d-nice

« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2007, 10:03:10 AM »
Yeah I am starting to dig it. Only 2nd to his debut album, I like this one the most.

d-nice

« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2007, 10:50:41 AM »
Yeah I am starting to dig it.
Only 2nd to his debut album,I like this one the most.

WOW,not sure how to rate his discogs.
I know that I consider his first a personal classic.
Love his 2nd album too so it get´s regular spins too,after that I find his albums inconsistent,
but I give them a spin every now and then to see if I they have grown on me.
So got to rate them all together as a "third" album.
I will burn a cd with the tracks that I feel,maybe the album will be easier for me to digest.
In the in the interview he did with Matt Sonzala on
Damage Control radio
http://houstonsoreal.blogspot.com/2007/02/rbx-ms-hawk-and-more-on-damage.html
a couple of months ago he said he just recorded a couple of tracks with Rob Quest of Odd Squad/Coughee Brothaz,wonder where those tracks will end up? A interesting combo,maybe Devin is on some of those tracks?

RBX and Rob Quest of Odd Squad/Coughee Brothaz;

The 2nd one is cool, it's like 2 albums put together into 1, but so far I like this one a little bit more.