Author Topic: RBX - Broken Silence [NEW ALBUM]  (Read 8203 times)

d-nice

Re: RBX - Broken Silence [NEW ALBUM]
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2007, 11:48:39 AM »
Yeah I have all of his albums except The Shining. I will re-listen to them again.

d-nice

« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2007, 01:13:58 PM »
Yeah I have all of his albums except The Shining. I will re-listen to them again.

I´ll hook you up with The Shining,,,,,

Thanks man. I was about to start checking the internet for it.

d-nice

« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2007, 01:24:39 PM »

I´ll hook you up with The Shining,,,,,

No rush, take ya time. So what did you think of Ripp The Game Bloody?
Thanks man. I was about to start checking the internet for it.

coming in a minute,had to grab something to eat....

d-nice

« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2007, 01:34:11 PM »
It's different to say the least. A liked a good portion of it but it is definitely a album that took some time for me to get into.

d-nice

« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2007, 02:55:33 PM »
Sounds about right to me. The only one I can't score yet is The Shining but I have been meaning to do more reviews in the forum. I will have to listen to it and do a quick review of it.

d-nice

« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2007, 03:11:54 PM »
Sounds about right to me. The only one I can't score yet is The Shining but I have been meaning to do more reviews in the forum. I will have to listen to it and do a quick review of it.

Yeah,I just did a quick run down,you can do a new thread with a "real" breakdown review of the albums,
I love those threads especially if your tag team partner Tanji join in.  :D
In here you can just rank them with a quick breakdown when you have gone trough The Shining.

LOL, You may have to be his replacement since he did not answer my Daz thread  ;D. I'm working on a Cypress Hill one being that is one of my favorite groups. But yeah it's cool to do them if they have a extensive catalogue, 4 albums at least.

d-nice

« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2007, 03:45:06 PM »

Yeah,I just did a quick run down,you can do a new thread with a "real" breakdown review of the albums,
I love those threads especially if your tag team partner Tanji join in.  :D
In here you can just rank them with a quick breakdown when you have gone trough The Shining.

LOL, You may have to be his replacement since he did not answer my Daz thread  ;D. I'm working on a Cypress Hill one being that is one of my favorite groups. But yeah it's cool to do them if they have a extensive catalogue, 4 albums at least.

Ha,ha I could go harder on the Daz thread,but I have to re-listen to his catalog to come correct.
Those comments I made in that thread was from top of head,because the three albums I mentioned is the ones I listen to regulary. By the way could you zip up the new one pluss gangster crunk for me?
I don´t really follow Cypress Hill,I kind of hated on them for a long time.
I found B-Real voice really annoying,
but he wrecked the track he was featured on Soopafly´s last album so I have opened up to him (them) a little bit now.

Yeah I could have also but it was off the top of the head also. My Cypress one will be deeper than that. Yeah I can get you those Daz albums no problem. Yeah B-Real's voice does annoy most, but that for me is what made him SO different. You can't say there is a mc that sounds like him. That makes him unique IMO and it does not hurt that he got serious skills that are slept on. My homeboy met B and was saying he kicked a freestyle with a normal voice and it was ill. But he wanted to separate himself from other rappers so he kicked the nasal flow and it stuck. That and Muggs is my favorite producer.

d-nice

« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2007, 04:26:28 PM »
Man I remember Cube said something to the effect of that on King Of The Hill. The funny thing is before the beef they were mad tight. Muggs co-executive produced the Predator. Cube LOVED they style. He liked that dark production from Muggs, he wanted at least 3 beats that ended up being on Black Sunday. Yeah B's flow you either dig it or hate it, but they are legends IMO. Trendsetters. But I ain't trying to convert anyobdy, I always say you like what you like. If ya got a open ear, check it out.

d-nice

« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2007, 08:52:11 PM »
Man I remember Cube said something to the effect of that on King Of The Hill.
The funny thing is before the beef they were mad tight.
Muggs co-executive produced the Predator. Cube LOVED they style.
He liked that dark production from Muggs, he wanted at least 3 beats that ended up being on Black Sunday.
Yeah B's flow you either dig it or hate it, but they are legends IMO. Trendsetters.
But I ain't trying to convert anyobdy, I always say you like what you like. If ya got a open ear,check it out.

You know me I ain´t a dick,you´re right Cube was a FAN of them before he dissed them.
His predator album got that flavor mixed up with Das Fx,I will save the Cube critic to a future thread.
I ain´t frontin they´re legends,shame on me but I don´t own any of their albums.
So you got to hook me up if I´m you want me to give my honest opinion on their work.
I will keep a open mind when I listen to their discogs.  :D

My bad, I hope I did not come off like I was saying you had to listen to them. I got a Cube review in me also. 2 of my favorites along with Nas, Pac and Scarface.

Snoopafly-1986

« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2007, 02:00:42 AM »
RBX wrote Snoops verse on Serial Killa "don't make a move for yo gats so soon cause I drops bombs like PLATOOON" damn his whole verse sounds like him LOL

Snoopafly-1986

« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2007, 07:58:10 AM »
my favorite song of 2007 Buccem thanks to RBX dope ass verse 8)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2007, 08:32:02 AM »
anyway, i like RBX's flow, even though i don't really like any RBX album( not that they are bad, they actually have some very good songs on it, it's just that the albums aren't very consistent imo), but the features he did on the chronic, doggystyle, the marshall mathers lp and some other albums are very good  8) but i guess you're right tusken, when you say that the dark beats on the RBX files fit RBX very well(i'm kinda suprised that Daz hasn't really produced anything on any RBX album if i remember correctly).
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 11:23:02 AM by Dre-Day - Sniper of the Kill Jimmy Iovine Movement »

d-nice

« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2007, 11:55:41 AM »
I don't have the credits by me but I know Daz did the Murda beat on Ripp The Game and Soopafly did the Tell It Like It Is remix. That Sherm album was the shit.

d-nice

« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2007, 12:31:12 PM »
I don't have the credits by me but I know Daz did the Murda beat on Ripp The Game and Soopafly did the Tell It Like It Is remix.
That Sherm album was the shit.

They only credit Mike Dean for the Murda track on Sherm´s album.
There´s no credits in the booklet,just checked and there´s no Daz beats on The Shining either.

I thought the name of the track was Jus...Murda or something like that on Ripp The Game. I think Daz did the beat on that and I know he rapped on it. I don't know about the Sherm track though.

d-nice

« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2007, 01:15:30 PM »
I don't have the credits by me but I know Daz did the Murda beat on Ripp The Game and Soopafly did the Tell It Like It Is remix.
That Sherm album was the shit.

They only credit Mike Dean for the Murda track on Sherm´s album.
There´s no credits in the booklet,just checked and there´s no Daz beats on The Shining either.

I thought the name of the track was Jus...Murda or something like that on Ripp The Game.
I think Daz did the beat on that and I know he rapped on it.
I don't know about the Sherm track though.

The track appears on both albums,it´s called something else on the Sherm album but it´s the same track.
Yes,Daz appears on it but according to the credits in the Sherm Smoke booklet it only credits Mike Dean.

Hmm, never noticed that.