Author Topic: Listen to Felt 2, right now  (Read 718 times)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
Listen to Felt 2, right now
« on: October 01, 2007, 07:44:39 PM »
dear god, I'm 9 tracks into this record and this is what I've needed in my life

funky production(ant)

non gangster but still street

a brilliant virgo(slug)

an amazing west coast MC(murs)

original concept and everyone bringing their a-game. i can't BELIEVE that song dirty girl. i was expecting some dumb ass hoe song but Slug talks about a chick that works at the auto-shop changing his oil that he finds really attractive and Murs talks about this chick that works at a burger stand in pasadena that he digs. fucking amazing. this shit inspires me.

and the ho song that happens soon after is brilliant, Murs is talking about this atmosphere fan chick that he banged using all kinds of clever atmosphere references, it's awesome.

anyway, i know this record has beeeen out but me and my friends were not impressed with felt's first outing (you could tell it was a bet, and the production was eh) but this record is out of this world.

this fools murs may save the west coast yet if his new record has a good balance of shit like this and shit like his dumb ass single

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

BANANAS

Re: Listen to Felt 2, right now
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 07:48:38 PM »
morris day and i shot a warhol are my shit

Blu Lacez

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 07:48:58 PM »

this fools murs may save the west coast yet if his new record has a good balance of shit like this and shit like his dumb ass single

-T
^^
That would be a dream..but Once A rapper puts out an Album, rarely do they stick to the formula that they exhbited in thier mixtape..though..so I don't Know... :-\ :-\

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2007, 08:20:22 PM »
felt II isn't a mixtape it's an album.

i don't want him to stick to a formula. just the level of quality and original writing

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 08:38:55 PM »
Glad to hear you checked it out, T.  I love the album...there are many good tracks like "Morris Day", "Marvin Gaye", "Dirty Girl", "Woman Tonight", and "I Shot a Warhol" but my favorite is easily "The Biggest Lie."  This song is so incredible when you're in your vehicle at a high speed cruisin' and blunted or off a couple of drinks.  I feel like one of those NASCAR motherfuckas at that point.

Felt 3 is either done or in the works so  8)

Skeptic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 09:51:43 PM »
I was only feelin bout 3 tracks on the album, dirty girl, woman tonight, and another one i forget the name of. Though I def think Murs is dope as fuck, I jus don't like the majority of ant's beats & slug's rhymes!

CHUCK KNOXXX

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUCK LOVE & FUCK THE WORLD
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2007, 11:16:59 PM »
a while back when you asked about murs you refered to him as the dude who did all those awful albums wit slug........my response was that you were trippin' and that felt 2 was rediculous.......im glad you have come to your senses.......its a great album.........'breaker down like a shotgun' is still my shit.........
http://www.facebook.com/AllAngles818 
CLICK ALBUM COVERS TO DOWNLOAD

Man On The Moon

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'll Be Posted With My Blunt and A Brew...
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2007, 11:24:46 PM »
Good album! Murs is the truth, I've been sayin' it for years.

CHUCK KNOXXX

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2007, 11:32:38 PM »
Good album! Murs is the truth, I've been sayin' it for years.
yes he is........fuck all these no names fools nut over up in here, murs has been bringing it for years!!!!!!!!!!

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2007, 11:52:17 PM »
a while back when you asked about murs you refered to him as the dude who did all those awful albums wit slug........my response was that you were trippin' and that felt 2 was rediculous.......im glad you have come to your senses.......its a great album.........'breaker down like a shotgun' is still my shit.........

my homey that is a good source of music to me that i trust got felt one, which was a bet they made we found out later i guess, and that was whack and that turned us off of felt and turned us off of Murs. until we heard 3:16 the 9th edition and we've been down with Murs since.

my friend still hates on murs/felt because of felt one. i burnt him felt II and he says the same shit about felt II that he did about felt 1. i suspect he didn't even listen to felt II. he can be a grouch sometimes, especially when he feels let down by cats.

that said, i was never out of my senses. you can believe i am always coming from a legitimate place.
-T

westcoastavengers.com

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2007, 12:23:49 AM »
Track 13, "The Biggest Lie" on Felt 2 is one of the realest songs I have heard in a while. The whole album is great.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2007, 02:39:33 AM »
Great album!

kemizt

CHUCK KNOXXX

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2007, 08:32:28 AM »

my homey that is a good source of music to me that i trust got felt one, which was a bet they made we found out later i guess, and that was whack and that turned us off of felt and turned us off of Murs. until we heard 3:16 the 9th edition and we've been down with Murs since.

my friend still hates on murs/felt because of felt one. i burnt him felt II and he says the same shit about felt II that he did about felt 1. i suspect he didn't even listen to felt II. he can be a grouch sometimes, especially when he feels let down by cats.

that said, i was never out of my senses. you can believe i am always coming from a legitimate place.
-T
nah, i didnt really mean it like that man......props for making a thread about the album, heads need to be up on it

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2007, 11:15:38 AM »
sorry if i came off as snappy back to you, i didn't mean it like that either. props for being up on the album!

man, i just finished listening to the record. fucking flawless album.

ant is a better west coast producer than alot of west coast producers. funk and N.W.A samples and shit, dude is sick.

other west coast artists would be wise to seek him out as a producer for at least a track or two here or there

i wonder if murs'll have him do a track on murs for president

i need felt one though. i remember hearing it but i've never owned it. i need to give it a full context listen. THAT'S how much I like felt II

-T

westcoastavengers.com

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2007, 01:47:55 AM »
^ Shall I up Felt I ?

kemizt