Author Topic: 213 - The Hard Way  (Read 4980 times)

Sccit

Jay_J

Re: 213 - The Hard Way
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2019, 02:49:21 PM »
why didnt warren-g produce any track on the album? anybody know the story behind it?

its been said that g-funk is 3 dudes. a producer, a rapper and a singer.

warren-g was the producer of the group. why he has zero production on their one and only release?

imagine nate dogg has no hooks on the album, almost like warren g has no production on the album.

however im very satisfied about the production on the album. dj pooh did one of his best production when we all think he is lost, also chill's run on up is a classic, hi-tek did his job very well, and mlk!!! damn Battlecat hit! definately a west coast anthem!

but why why why no warren-g?

Sccit

« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2019, 04:50:11 PM »
why didnt warren-g produce any track on the album? anybody know the story behind it?

warren-g was the producer of the group. why he has zero production on their one and only release?

imagine nate dogg has no hooks on the album, almost like warren g has no production on the album.

however im very satisfied about the production on the album. dj pooh did one of his best production when we all think he is lost, also chill's run on up is a classic, hi-tek did his job very well, and mlk!!! damn Battlecat hit! definately a west coast anthem!

that’s pretty much the 8th wonder of the world

Okka

« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2019, 03:12:08 AM »

I think it had somethin' to do with Snoop. I wish Warren G would've remixed the whole album, like he was talkin' about. Battlecat had the best beats on the album in my opinion. I remember he sued Snoop and them after this album came out. It was somethin' about the beats not being finished, but they were released anyway?

Mista Rosa

« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2019, 08:03:22 AM »
Yeah, there's "Rolling Down The Highway", a DJ Pooh remix of "I'm So Fly" and some other songs too. Also there's an alternate version of "Gotta Find A Way" (If I remember right?) with Butch Cassidy. I'll upload the songs I have later today. In matter of fact, check your PM's after you have read this message.

Are there any 213 tracks that weren't on the Advance copy and/or the actual album after? Minus the ones already mentioned of course.

There was also 213 - Fallin in Love Again produced by Battlecat
On the European version (maybe Japan also) you had the bonus track "whistle while you hustle" that did not feature Warren G but Daz and Soopafly. Banging track. I do not know who produced the record, had that CD stolen.
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

Mista Rosa

« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2019, 08:06:59 AM »
who remembers when warren g said he was guna remix the entire project?

then he ended up just remixing 2 joints n called it a day

album was great tho .. only reason it wasn’t a classic was because the lack of warren g production. terrible decision.

Warren G has the habit of saying things then moving on to something else, but can't be mad at him.
He said also that he would leak to the fans the early 213 song "Long Beach is a motherfucker". He had me hyped when he said it. Somebody with "social media" should holla at him about that !
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

Okka

« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2019, 09:14:24 AM »
Yeah, Warren G does that.

Sccit

« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2019, 09:21:30 AM »

I think it had somethin' to do with Snoop. I wish Warren G would've remixed the whole album, like he was talkin' about. Battlecat had the best beats on the album in my opinion. I remember he sued Snoop and them after this album came out. It was somethin' about the beats not being finished, but they were released anyway?

cat sued snoop? wtf?? this the first time i’m hearing this

Okka

« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2019, 11:27:31 AM »

Yeah, this was ages ago though and they wasn't even beefin' or nothin' when that happened. I think it might have been about TVT Records doin' somethin' with the album that Battlecat didn't agree with. I remember readin' about it in a newspaper here and I even cut the article out of it years and years ago.

k1000

« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2019, 11:28:41 AM »

On the European version (maybe Japan also) you had the bonus track "whistle while you hustle" that did not feature Warren G but Daz and Soopafly. Banging track. I do not know who produced the record, had that CD stolen.

Jelly Roll !!! what a DPG tune  8)

k1000

« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2019, 11:50:45 AM »

Yeah, this was ages ago though and they wasn't even beefin' or nothin' when that happened. I think it might have been about TVT Records doin' somethin' with the album that Battlecat didn't agree with. I remember readin' about it in a newspaper here and I even cut the article out of it years and years ago.

i remember that story

news straight from dubcnn back in 2004:

"Battlecat Update [News] - October 18, 2004 By : Nima

Battlecat aka B-Sharp aka BC Powder took a few minutes out of his busy schedule to clear up a few things with us. First off the whole B-Sharp thing on the 213 album.

"B-Sharp man, that's me. BC Powder, that's me. Battlecat, that's me. It's just different sides and aspects of me. I love it, when people say "Who's that B-Sharp dude, he sounds like Battlecat". I'm just trying out new things, new sounds, and the 213 album was just the first LP of me as B-Sharp. You gonna see B-Sharp, again, cause I'm sharp man, anybody that knows me knows I'm sharp. I'ma be Battlecat too, it's all me man."

And about the whole 213 Lawsuit thing, which caused alot of controversy, he explained that it's strictly business.
"I had to sue 'em! They put out the record without havin' the contract finished! I gotta get my money man, it ain't no personal problems. I did the music, i gotta get paid. Ain't no beef or no nothin' that muthafuckas be tryna tell you. It's business homie!."

And as far as his music goes, he's been putting the finishing touches on his little brother Mykestro's album, aswell as getting ready to work on the new Tony Toni Tone album, and more.

Look for our indepth interview with 'Cat up in near future!"

Sccit

« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2019, 12:29:01 PM »

i remember that story

news straight from dubcnn back in 2004:

"Battlecat Update [News] - October 18, 2004 By : Nima

Battlecat aka B-Sharp aka BC Powder took a few minutes out of his busy schedule to clear up a few things with us. First off the whole B-Sharp thing on the 213 album.

"B-Sharp man, that's me. BC Powder, that's me. Battlecat, that's me. It's just different sides and aspects of me. I love it, when people say "Who's that B-Sharp dude, he sounds like Battlecat". I'm just trying out new things, new sounds, and the 213 album was just the first LP of me as B-Sharp. You gonna see B-Sharp, again, cause I'm sharp man, anybody that knows me knows I'm sharp. I'ma be Battlecat too, it's all me man."

And about the whole 213 Lawsuit thing, which caused alot of controversy, he explained that it's strictly business.
"I had to sue 'em! They put out the record without havin' the contract finished! I gotta get my money man, it ain't no personal problems. I did the music, i gotta get paid. Ain't no beef or no nothin' that muthafuckas be tryna tell you. It's business homie!."

And as far as his music goes, he's been putting the finishing touches on his little brother Mykestro's album, aswell as getting ready to work on the new Tony Toni Tone album, and more.

Look for our indepth interview with 'Cat up in near future!"

oh so it wasn’t about the beats not being finished, it was the contract not being finalized lol

Okka

« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2019, 12:41:16 PM »
Hahaha. I remembered somethin' wasn't finished!

kuruptlon

« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2019, 06:25:56 AM »
Yeah, there's "Rolling Down The Highway", a DJ Pooh remix of "I'm So Fly" and some other songs too. Also there's an alternate version of "Gotta Find A Way" (If I remember right?) with Butch Cassidy. I'll upload the songs I have later today. In matter of fact, check your PM's after you have read this message.

Are there any 213 tracks that weren't on the Advance copy and/or the actual album after? Minus the ones already mentioned of course.

Does anyone have this to upload: 213 - Fallin in Love Again produced by Battlecat

or

Does anyone have 213 - Sunny Day

Jay_J

« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2019, 08:23:42 AM »

Does anyone have this to upload: 213 - Fallin in Love Again produced by Battlecat

or

Does anyone have 213 - Sunny Day

and "whistle while you hustle"

please somebody upload these 3 songs.