Author Topic: 213 - The Hard Way  (Read 4976 times)

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
213 - The Hard Way
« on: October 03, 2007, 07:28:42 AM »
What did you guys think of this album?

Trash, imo. It had a few joints on there - but not letting Warren G on the boards was a huge mistake. That's all I really wanted from this album anyway - snoop and nate over some smooth g-funk.

I heard G-Dub did a remix of Groupie Luv, can anyone up it?

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: 213 - The Hard Way
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 07:44:56 AM »
well the album wasn't so bad, but the quality of it wasn't very consistent(yeah too bad Warren G didn't really produce anything on the album, would have been better if he handled most if not all of the production). there were some bad songs on it, some decent songs, and some good tracks ( another summer, joysticc, appreciation, twist yo body, give it up, gotta find a way, i'm fly; also on the advance version there was a nice track called what you wanna do, i don't know who produced it, but if you want it, let me know)

anyway, here's the G-funk remix of Groupie luv(would have been one of the best tracks if it was on the album):

http://www.zshare.net/audio/39930045cb2dd4/
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 08:44:06 AM by Dre-Day »

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 07:50:45 AM »
thanks bro

I'd give you a +1 but I don't know how (if you explain it i can  ;D)

Yeah, there were some nice songs on here, but overall the album was a big disappointment.

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 08:11:09 AM »
This album is awsome, the best album of 2004. people just hate it because warren didn't produce it, but they don't appreciate that the music is dope though.
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2007, 08:56:05 AM »
I liked this album, i didnt really get caught up in the hype expecting spmething mind blowing so i was more than happy with it.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

d-nice

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2007, 09:01:46 AM »
I was bumping this a few weeks ago. I really was disappointed at first about Warren not doing beats but the album really grew on me. Warren G lyrically on that album was HORRIBLE. I understand that I am not to expect lyrical gems from him but damn he was bad on this album IMO. Snoop was ehh on some cuts but Nate was in top form on this album.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2007, 09:05:13 AM »
I was bumping this a few weeks ago. I really was disappointed at first about Warren not doing beats but the album really grew on me. Warren G lyrically on that album was HORRIBLE. I understand that I am not to expect lyrical gems from him but damn he was bad on this album IMO. Snoop was ehh on some cuts but Nate was in top form on this album.

for real ? i thought warren was good on the album, out shining snoop on a few tracks. Especially like his verse from my dirty ho.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

d-nice

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2007, 09:12:13 AM »

for real ? i thought warren was good on the album, out shining snoop on a few tracks. Especially like his verse from my dirty ho.

Excluding a handful of tracks I thought his rhymes were weak on it. His verse was nice on that song.

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2007, 09:23:21 AM »
G dub's never been all too lyrical though. Hell, he misspelled the word "next" when he was spelling it out on his debut album. As long as his flow is on-point and his beats are smooth then he's holdin his own, imo.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2007, 09:46:52 AM »

yeah nate dogg sounded great on that album, especially on that Joysticc track  :) overall the album wasn't so bad, although the sound of the productions varies a lot in some cases. and Warren G, is like you said, not really an MC, but he's at his best on tracks like Get u down imo ( so yeah, the lyrics from him on this album didn't really work out well).

marcin1712

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2007, 10:00:32 AM »
great album  ;D

d-nice

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2007, 10:01:05 AM »
Don't get me wrong guys, I KNOW Warren is not a lyricist, but he is normally solid at least on tracks and on this album IMO he just did not bring it for the whole album. Except for a couple of tracks.

WestCoasta

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2007, 11:46:13 AM »
It was cool.... I still play some of the tracks

Twist Yo Body
Run On Up
Lonely Girl
Ups & Downs
MLK
My Dirty Ho
So Fly

Sosna

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2007, 11:55:53 AM »
I luv this album, Nate's chorus' R dope as hell, rap by Snoop and Warren are nice too. I think it would B betta with beats by Warren, but it's still hot!!

Jungleboy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • From P-Funk to G-Funk
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2007, 02:12:20 PM »
The Album is solid. You can listen to some G-Funk tracks but also to a shitty track like 213 The Gangsta Clique. Battlecat, DJ Pooh and Fredwreck did a good job.... Just listen to it and dont except a classic cd 8) 8)

Quote from: Soopafly DPGC about his hands
I don't live for the man, but I do study him so I can hope my pimp hands one day become as strong as his. When i first started listening to him, my hands were only strong enough to crush a beetle.  Now that i've studied him for 15 years, my hands are strong enough to crush a dog.