Author Topic: VIDEO: Guy Hangs Mexican Flag above American Flag at Store in the U.S.  (Read 1050 times)

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
Re: VIDEO: Guy Hangs Mexican Flag above American Flag at Store in the U.S.
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2007, 02:19:20 AM »
I am not talking about the fake nationalistic illusion of the neocons flying their flag, i am talking about the americans who value the fact that america has been a great place to live because freedom was of the utmost importance to their way of life.

Even if we take the time to appreciate the symbolic meaning of the flag in that particular mode in which everything wrong with America is excluded  and sent down the memory hole(starting with its foundation and down to the "war on terror" and the so called democracy promotion around the world)  you have still to consider the rights true freedom facilitates. If this war veteran values America for its truly unpraralleled levels of freedom- the result of a long popular struggle (as opposed to government induced struggle, namely war)- then it is indeed a wonder he is attempting to curtail freedom. I think this falls under the freedom of expression which is unique in the u.s especially after the legal status of seditious libel was legally annuled in the 60's. It might be useful to heed to the moral argument that underlies freedom, namely that people are all equal and therefore, in the absence of a legitimate hierachy, have to respect each other's autonomy. If you apply the principle of reciprocity, which originates in this abstract idea of equality, each of them has the right to express himself symbolically in anyway he chooses. One has to wonder as to the consequences of a mexican guy doing that to an american guy. And given that it's all about freedom, you could also say that this mexican guy sees what the u.s is doing to his country, far worse than hanging a foreign flag incidentally, and feels the need to protest. So if we're talking about freedom and about symbolic meaning one comes out with more sympathy for the guy who didn't undermine freedom and who didn't refer to his past of serving u.s imperial interests to justify his contempt for freedom and equality.
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2007, 03:34:20 AM »
you're not very familiar with America, are you? it's a tradition to have the countrys flag, first, followed by the state flag if u have one, then whatever you like. i guess some young ppl arent familiar with that, or they are just butthurt about America. but either way it was assenine for the guy to put the Mexico flag on top, he was just doing it to piss people off. I'm glad you got mad for his cause though lol  ::)
how in the fuck do you know the reasoning behind him putting which flag first? lol at people assuming shit. is it possible didnt know or most likely didnt care? I feel so much better and much more safe knowing people like you are on flag patrol...

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2007, 03:36:34 AM »
The person flying the flag knew exactly what they were doing.
links? video? anything?

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2007, 05:04:56 AM »

Let me rephrase that, i would be very surprised if he did not know. It's not some deep secret that when you fly a foreign flag above the nations flag you are declaring you have conquered! Also i will respond to you igeezy when i get home from work i am not ducking the response though  :)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2007, 08:44:53 AM »
lol c'mon guys it is quite evident that the guys hanging the flags like that were looking to piss americans off. that shit ain't random
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2007, 12:05:42 PM »
fine,who gives a fuck though?...to make this guy a "hero" is funny as fuck . I seen his hillbilly ass on TV acting as though he caught Bin Laden and erased the national debt single handedly. im pro american as anybody but lets get our priorities straight first,who's flying what flag in what order is far down the list and far from newsworthy imo.

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2007, 03:09:28 PM »
That guy is an American hero.

It is funny how it is OK for Mexicans to revere the Mexican flag, but not for Americans to revere our flag.

swangin and bangin

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2007, 03:17:05 PM »
its ok for americans to take mexicos land but its not ok for a mexican flag to fly over a us flag

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2007, 04:00:16 PM »

It is funny how it is OK for Mexicans to revere the Mexican flag, but not for Americans to revere our flag.
nothing wrong with loving your country and "revering" the flag. To blow this incident out of proportion is whats funny. When's the last time you seen a Mexican all over the news for taking someones personal property and it being O.K. let alone a "hero"?

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2007, 05:22:51 PM »
yall crazy with your ugly ass flag, take example on us, we don't give a shit with a fuckin piece of fabric here cuz we got it tatted on our chests

Sparegeez

« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2007, 05:40:57 PM »
its ok for americans to take mexicos land but its not ok for a mexican flag to fly over a us flag

Yup...

I can't wait for somebody to try to argue this, so I can put them to shame.

Fly Terrorist

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2007, 06:29:10 PM »

Yup...

you should pay more attention to your 6 kids and sobering up off that corona before you go to work as the night janitor. mexico sold their land to land, stupid of them, but hey, mexicans are stupid. bottom line. thats why your people stay losing no matter how much you complain. all you have is your numbers lol, but youre just making a shitty life for the next generation of space wasters your 13 year old wives are shitting out!

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2007, 07:42:10 PM »

nothing wrong with loving your country and "revering" the flag. To blow this incident out of proportion is whats funny. When's the last time you seen a Mexican all over the news for taking someones personal property and it being O.K. let alone a "hero"?

You really think Americans could go down to mexico and fly our flag over theres, and Mexicans wouldn't do anything?

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2007, 07:44:07 PM »

No it defintiely not OK to fly a foreign flag over ours.

I am an American why the fuck would I care about Mexico?

Sparegeez

« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2007, 08:44:55 PM »

Yup...

you should pay more attention to your 6 kids and sobering up off that corona before you go to work as the night janitor. mexico sold their land to land, stupid of them, but hey, mexicans are stupid. bottom line. thats why your people stay losing no matter how much you complain. all you have is your numbers lol, but youre just making a shitty life for the next generation of space wasters your 13 year old wives are shitting out!

For some reason I knew it was gonna be some dirty arab.

Anyways did you know that Mexico was held at gunpoint to sell their land you fucking tard tard? The US took Texas, then they went after Mexico DF(their capital, in case your too arab to understand) and while they were in the capital, they asked them to sign a treaty that would give up half their land to the north. Yeah woopdie doo they sold it for 15 million, which was basically a steal for America because Mexico was forced to sell their land.