Author Topic: P. Diddy Remix LP Boasts Ashanti, Biggie, Blige, 1  (Read 131 times)

Tito

P. Diddy Remix LP Boasts Ashanti, Biggie, Blige, 1
« on: April 25, 2002, 08:43:22 PM »
J. Lo's got her remix album. So do Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit and Destiny's Child. But what about the man who "invented the remix"? On May 14, P. Diddy will lay that claim with a new opus: P. Diddy and Bad Boy Present ... We Invented the Remix.

According to the U.S. Patent Office, Bad Boy does not actually hold a copyright on the remix record concept. Regardless, Diddy and friends will churn out a 14-track album that features never-before-released remix collaborations with the Notorious B.I.G., Mary J. Blige, Faith Evans, Busta Rhymes, Usher, Ashanti, Snoop Dogg, Missy Elliott and others.

Chart-topper Ashanti's "Foolish" is remixed as "Unfoolish" and features a posthumous contribution by Biggie. P. Diddy, Ginuwine, Loon, Mario Winans and Tammy Ruggeri re-tool "I Need a Girl" as "I Need a Girl (Part 2)" (see "P. Diddy Rescued By Loon, Ginuwine, Models Galore In 'Girl, Part 2' "), while G Dep, Ghostface Killah, Craig Mack and Keith Murray handle "Special Delivery." Diddy himself teams once again with Mary J. Blige to retrack "No More Drama." The album also features unreleased remixes from Carl Thomas, 112 and his royal Diddy-ness, who promises that these remixes will "take control of the dance floors and radio waves all over the world."

The album will be released as an enhanced CD containing video footage of "Special Delivery" and "I Need a Girl (Part 2)" as well as a biography and photo gallery of the Bad Boy family.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »