Author Topic: i hope kanye west was right  (Read 1269 times)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
Re: i hope kanye west was right
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2007, 10:47:23 AM »
and I guess anothe reason i get pissed about it is cause Kanye really pisses me off.

Like, I give him a solid B as a producer you know? But otherwise I hate that he glorifies dropping out of college to a race of people that America has gone out of its way for to get into college through affirmative action and scholarship programs. A race of people that is statistically among the most uneducated and socieconomically suffering in the nation. A race of people that constantly bitches about being oppressed but then buys into this drop out of college shit.

and othe races do it too, no doubt. I've often felt that since the 70s, minorities oppress themselves.

I also hate Kanye cause he said "George Bush does not care about black people" because he could have made SUCH a great statement if he said "George Bush does not care about POOR people" but he went for the lowest common denominator and just sounded like every other rapper out there. such a great oppurtunity squandered.
that quote is famous, it could have been doubly and effectively famous.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2007, 10:49:30 AM »
the way people on this forum (hip hop fans) reacted to it.
it matched up with the way i've seen most hip hop fans/artists/afficionados etc. react to that word despite the context it's being used in.

it's just as bad as that conservative mom turning off her kids 2pac talking about 'all he does is say fuck shit nigger and bitch' not even realizing the depth/positivity of the music/message.

so often I see hip hop bitch about injustice and then turn around and do the same thing. just like hip hop cats will bitch about discrimination and then go on to mercilessly bash gay people. it's hypocritical and it's why shit like Oprah roasting rappers happens.

-T

So what? Rock fans get offended if you say "Kurt Kobane sucks"...open your mind and stop making everything an "all my friends think rap is immature" thing. Many grown black people who hate hip-hop woulda' been offended by what Jake just said...PeACe

I think those same grown black people would be even more offended by swangbang dropping out of school.

and that's my whole thing, the fact that Jake's comment and not swangbang's decision is the issue of discussion/problem here. Priorities hella fucked up. Like buying some rims instead of some land.

and yeah if you're okay with true heads being it and the positive aspects of hip hop being virtually a secret, then cool but if we can make true heads the predominate population of the culture, then fuck...imagine all the good it would do. on an artistic and educational level if nothing else.

-T

I highly, HIGHLY doubt that...why should someone be offended by swangin's personal life choices? That's his decision. Jake saying "nigger" has a lot more shock-value, hence people concentrating more on that...it woulda been the same thing on a black jazz message board or old school soul...trust that...as for making real hip-hop the pop representation of the genre, I've been on that for some time...it would take a whole lot of rebuilding, though...But I'm down with the underground mind-state, so don't trip if ignorance prevails. the whole worlds been like that for some time now...PeACe

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2007, 10:54:05 AM »
i'm not trying to roast swangbang cause

a)it's his decision
b)you can still definitely succeed without schooling

but I'm just saying, that should be more of a concern than the words jake uses to make his point.

especially on a board like this where people bash gays and jews endlessly. the nerve of those same fucks to be like 'fuck you for saying nigger!' is infuriatingly hypocritical.

and yeah soul/jazz cats would be pissed at the nigger usage but I bet they would first focus on the decision of the young man that came to them talking about dropping out of college. priorities.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

swangin and bangin

« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2007, 10:57:52 AM »
im going to a medical place to see if i can get a spot in their 10 month medical program

see ya

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2007, 11:03:38 AM »
i'm not trying to roast swangbang cause

a)it's his decision
b)you can still definitely succeed without schooling

but I'm just saying, that should be more of a concern than the words jake uses to make his point.

especially on a board like this where people bash gays and jews endlessly. the nerve of those same fucks to be like 'fuck you for saying nigger!' is infuriatingly hypocritical.

and yeah soul/jazz cats would be pissed at the nigger usage but I bet they would first focus on the decision of the young man that came to them talking about dropping out of college. priorities.

-T

A lot of the people on here are dumbfucks...you can't blame that on hip-hop...I get your point to the fullest, but I think you're concentrating your frustrations on the wrong things, like the way you present your point on this message board usually makes it seem as if you're extremely angry over something petty as fuck...hip-hop culture definitely has been tarnished, but if we focus on the positives, it's much easier to build them...PeACe

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2007, 11:23:14 AM »
fair enough.

like felt II

actually, i haven't seen you in the felt II thread if i recall...you heard that shit?

-T

westcoastavengers.com

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2007, 11:36:46 AM »
swangbang's about to make a dubious life decision and 'nigger' is the problem here?

more examples of why hip hop and hip hop culture are not only dumb but looked at as dumb by other scenes

-T
Oh please shut the fuck up with that.

you're right.

all hail hip hop

hip hop is always right

all other cultures and scenes are uncool

black people are all deserving of our simultaneous fear respect awe pity and charity

be real, man

-T
Like what the fuck are you talking about? I really don't understand people thought process now of days. You make no fucking sense, like what made you type all that nonsense. Lay off the drugs man for real. People want to say stupid shit, and then when someones like "Oh what the fuck", people want to say Oh its nothing big deal or its for shock. You say stupid shit in the first place and everything can be avoided.

Fuck this shit totally didn't post the big ass response I wrote...fuck this glitchy ass forum...

sigh....here it goes again, *ahem*

Swangbang announced that he was going to drop out of college.

jacob said 'don't be a nigger' in response to this. He meant by that, don't be one of the negative statistics that conservatives/non hip hop people constantly throw at the hip hop culture/blacks. Don't be one of the people that brings your race/people down. Don't be the stereotype that blacks are so often accused of. Don't be part of the problem.

Instead of looking at the meaning of what he was saying, people looked at the words he used. Which is ironic I think because hip hop afficionados often get frustrated with people that don't understand hip hop saying "oh all rappers do is cuss" and not looking at the things the rapper is actully saying.

I was commenting on the fact that people were jumping all over Jake for the use of a word while swangbang may actually do something detrimental to himself or whatever group he may affiliate himself with.

You, instead of presenting a contradictory idea, just said 'shut the fuck up'. I could only assume you mean don't diss hip hop since you gave me so little to go off. Nothing is sacred, no culture is perfect and the idea that hip hop is some sacred thing that i can't talk about is ridiculous.

the word 'nigger' often blinds people because it's so controversial in american culture and makes them not think straight. people go off any use it by a non black person, but think before you react. think before you speak. what jake said was perfectly benign and harmless.

Maybe i was wrong about what you mean boywolf, but given that you gave me so little that's the only conclusion i could come to. Make sense?

Perhaps next time you'll discuss the issues you have with my statements instead of just spouting a rude one liner and expecting every one to be okay and in agreement with that.

-T
I see what your trying to say but I believe were all educated. So if by saying don't be nigger is supposed to be a way of not becoming a statistic etc., why not just say don't be a statistic or fit the negative sterotypes-its that simple. But no people always want to borderline /controversial stuff and then want to come up with a reasonable explanation for why they said, as if it would make things clear, cmon man. Thats just ignorant and if thats that person way of expressing his self when it comes to issues like that Wow.
Also, what did hip hop have to do with anything?

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2007, 11:43:58 AM »
i thought we were all hip hop heads here.

i love how everyone is old school, been listening to rap for year, live the hip hop culture, embrace the art etc etc but as soon as something negative comes about 'oh what? i have nothing to do with hip hop'

but to be clearer, these opinions and reactions are coming from hip hop fans. it's the only commonality we can be sure of actually, well that and the fact that we're probably all dudes(but even that speaks to hip hop's demographic). anyway, it says something about the people of that culture if most of them react a certain way to certain things. and it matches up with hip hop associated people and artists i've observed outside of the internet.

furthermore, I agree that I wouldn't have phrased what jacob said in that way...that's why it wasn't me saying it. i wouldn't say shit like that, but i don't think jake deserves all this hate for it and I think swangbang's decision should be a higher priority of discussion than bashing jake for some shit that most of you do to gays/jews on a regular basis anyway.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2007, 12:42:02 PM »
i thought we were all hip hop heads here.

i love how everyone is old school, been listening to rap for year, live the hip hop culture, embrace the art etc etc but as soon as something negative comes about 'oh what? i have nothing to do with hip hop'

but to be clearer, these opinions and reactions are coming from hip hop fans. it's the only commonality we can be sure of actually, well that and the fact that we're probably all dudes(but even that speaks to hip hop's demographic). anyway, it says something about the people of that culture if most of them react a certain way to certain things. and it matches up with hip hop associated people and artists i've observed outside of the internet.

furthermore, I agree that I wouldn't have phrased what jacob said in that way...that's why it wasn't me saying it. i wouldn't say shit like that, but i don't think jake deserves all this hate for it and I think swangbang's decision should be a higher priority of discussion than bashing jake for some shit that most of you do to gays/jews on a regular basis anyway.

-T
Man you totally losing me on with tying in hip-hop with all this. I'm really not seeing the connect but whatever maybe its just me

Smoke Break

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2007, 01:08:13 PM »
But when someone says nigger it is extremely offensive and especially coming from someone who does not know what we went through as blacks of having to hear that degrading us all those years.

This i've never understood, how can something that happened to ancestors somehow collectively effect you mentally? If you weren't living through that shit then that shit is not a factor for you. Beyond that, it's hilarious that people now think that being called a nigger was the most degrading thing they experienced.

WestCoasta

« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2007, 01:09:47 PM »
sure nigger is a strong word and people shouldn't use it, but don't be such a pussy when you hear it

"I'm offended"  you sound like a bitch

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2007, 01:17:09 PM »
sure nigger is a strong word and people shouldn't use it, but don't be such a pussy when you hear it

"I'm offended"  you sound like a bitch

LMMFAO!
+1

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2007, 01:22:53 PM »
when I stop hearing all the 'fag' 'kike' shit from rappers and hip hop heads alike, I'll be more sympathetic. until then it feels like many blacks/hip hop culturites feel like racism is okay as long as it's not directed at them

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2007, 02:08:23 PM »
also, my thing is that i'm not judgmental. I accept all kinds of people so it bugs me when gays, jews, and people likie Jake that dare to be politically incorrect get hated on

-T

westcoastavengers.com

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2007, 04:15:08 PM »
when I stop hearing all the 'fag' 'kike' shit from rappers and hip hop heads alike, I'll be more sympathetic. until then it feels like many blacks/hip hop culturites feel like racism is okay as long as it's not directed at them

-T
Man now your just fucking retarded. How are you bringing in rappers/hiphop/ and all the extra bullshit you trying to tie in. You make no sense at all. WHERES THE RAPPER ON HERE WHO OFFERED HIS OPINION!?!!