Author Topic: OUT NOW: "Reggae Meets the WestBay" (SNIPPETS & MORE..)  (Read 214 times)

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
OUT NOW: "Reggae Meets the WestBay" (SNIPPETS & MORE..)
« on: October 05, 2007, 10:02:59 AM »
LISTEN TO SNIPPETS AND PURCHASE TRACKS IN MP3 @ http://void.snocap.com/s/T3-31324-5R3NN32JWH-P/

THIS PROJECT IS THE 1ST OF ITS KIND.. WE GETTIN NOTHIN BUT POSITIVE FEEDBACK.. AND WE JUST BEGUN THE ALL-ORIGINAL REGGAE/RAP ALBUM.. WE STILL DOIN IT REGARDLESS OF THE RUMORS.. RIGHT ON FOR EVERYONE THAT CAME OUT TO THE RELEASE PARTY.. IT WAS POPPIN OUT THERE.. MANY MORE EVENTS TO COME.. HIT US UP @ www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
Re: OUT NOW: "Reggae Meets the WestBay" (SNIPPETS & MORE..)
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 11:51:27 AM »
who went the party that posts on the dub?
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 09:27:41 AM »
I doubt anybody here did.. haha I just copied that from siccness.net..

COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 11:13:30 AM »
Where's the support at? I've been on this board since the beginning back in 2001 !!!! Y'all done seen my progress throughout these years..  I've reached a point now where I'm doin shows everywhere in cali and I'm sellin out everywhere on the streets and the internet.. (Almost 1000 copies sold in 3 weeks just with this project) doin well everywhere except this site which I've been the most loyal to.. out of 15,000 members, only a handful of you has ordered it.. most of them are new names I don't recognize.. the music speaks for itself.. after 6 years of support for the site, I'm gettin ready to close shop !!!!

COMING IN 2008.

Hey Ma

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2007, 10:18:25 PM »
i aint tryin ta hate cuz i support every independent artist doing their thing, i'm one. but this isnt the first rap/reggae album...the bobb deep remix album had all mobb deep raps over remixed bob marley tracks, and that got kinda repetitive. a whole album of this is gonna get old quick, if u saved some of those best cuts and dropped em on a regular rap cd, they would add soo much flavor and swag, but an entire cd is gonna dull it out quick. its like too much sweets, a good thing gets old if you over do it.

that being said "Trench Town Rock" (good reference) "Rollin Choppaz" "Don't be Scared" were my favorite joints off there and yall should peep it

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2007, 03:32:00 PM »
that Mobb Deep project was garbage.. all they did was get their hands on a cd full of Bob Marley instrumentals and did some half-ass rappin on it.. some of the jams they used didn't have the right amount of bass.. it just wasn't reggae/hip hop.. with our joint, we digged deep and studied reggae.. went to over 50 reggae events in northern california.. talked to all the DJs, got the blessing and went in the lab.. we added basslines on alot of these beats, plus we got original beats.. it is nowhere near repetitive.. that's how fans of other genres feel when they hear a rap album, all the beats sound repetitive to them.. it's kind of how I feel when I listen to most rock albums.. same sounds over and over.. it just has to be your cup of tea..

and in the bay mane, we all about overdoing something.. there's way too much competition.. to get attention out here, you have to sit and plot on coming different.. we put all the sweets you're talking about in 1 bowl so we can turn some necks.. and it's working thus far.. we just started working on an all-original hip hop/reggae album also..

COMING IN 2008.

Hey Ma

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2007, 04:00:44 PM »
if its working why are you begging for support from a chat site?

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2007, 10:27:53 PM »
beggin? I wouldn't call it that.. I've been a member of this website before I even owned a computer.. I done networked with hundreds of people on here.. it's just sad to see no one's around to give it up no more.. nigga you over here talkin about you support independent artists, then you go ahead and sneak in how you really feel.. shoulda just said it from the start.. don't be so modest.. where's your work at? where can you be seen in the world? you ain't even qualify as competition.. you got my city in your sig, you must be fascinated by us.. come see us perform this Saturday on Market street.. 2 Lips Lounge.. 11pm..

COMING IN 2008.

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2007, 02:37:06 AM »
to easy

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2007, 03:15:28 AM »
whatup zilla, i loved the track adon put on the dubcnn update last month, imma check this and get an order in - props!

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

tone

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2007, 03:51:41 PM »
sup zilla shoot me the addy to send feria so i can get a copy of the album i heard the 3 jams u posted can u go dumb , mobbbin and workin them heels they are all dope i bump them religiously. how much u saling a copy for. u take cash?  post another jam if u can