Author Topic: Jim Jones inks major deal with...  (Read 1115 times)

GangstaBoogy

Jim Jones inks major deal with...
« on: October 07, 2007, 12:10:14 AM »
...Sony!

Ever since "We Fly High" became a monster hit, Jim Jones has been flying high with the winds of success behind him. Now he has reason to become even more excited about his career. According to Hot 97's Miss Info, Jones has inked a multi-million dollar joint venture deal with Sony. An overjoyed Jones spoke with Miss Info about the mega deal. “I just left the lawyer’s office. I signed a multimillion dollar joint venture with Sony. My boss is Rick Rubin and Hip Hop (Kyambo Joshua) is doing my albums with me. What you think Jay-Z is gonna think about that?”

Jones was said to have been meeting with Hip Hop, who is the A&R at Sony as well as the man who helped shape Roc-A-Fella, and after hitting things off met with Rick Rubin. Rubin went for the deal immediately and, after paying out Koch for Jones, the deal was done.
“What’s crazy is that they gave me the same deal that Un and them fucked up back in the day when they got the Sony/Untertainment deal," Jones said. "I got that joint venture, that 50/50 split, they don’t give those out anymore. That’s a Dame Dash, Ruff Ryders deal. And I’m bout to go crazy with it. I’m gonna be a problem.”

Jones is already hard at work on his new album (due early next year) and is even said to have recorded a song with Rick Rubin himself. He'll also begin courting artists for his new label. But what will Jay-Z think about this deal? “That’s bugged, right?" Jones said to Miss Info about the Jay-Z's relationship with Rubin and Joshua. "Hip Hop is the guy who did all of Jay’s albums, and Rick Rubin is the man who gave him that monster hit. So I don't know if he was aware of the deal, but its when everyone else finds out….that’s what I imagine will put him in a different kind of state.”
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Man On The Moon

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'll Be Posted With My Blunt and A Brew...
Re: Jim Jones inks major deal with...
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 12:28:24 AM »
Good thing he didn't sign to G-Unit.

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2007, 12:37:16 AM »
LOL, thats dope, whats his album suppose to be called?

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2007, 12:49:22 AM »
BALLLLLLLLLLLLIN!!

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2007, 12:54:18 AM »
You can't go wrong with Rick Ruben. He isn't a yes-man. He'll tell you straight up if your music isn't good...
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

GATMAN

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2007, 12:55:31 AM »
If Jim Jones records with Jay-Z that would be ILL

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2007, 01:04:12 AM »
"I got that joint venture, that 50/50 split, they don’t give those out anymore.”

Hmmmmm, maybe they don't give those out A LOT anymore, but they still do though. My man Omar Cruz got himself such a deal: a 50/50 joint venture deal with Interscope/Geffen for his debut album ;)

Al Bundy

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2007, 01:16:49 AM »
Congrats to him. Let's see if he can top what he did last time around.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2007, 01:22:14 AM »

Don't be so sure. He could still ink a deal with the G-Unit imprint and release his album on G-Unit/Sony like Olivia was supposed to drop on G-Unit/ uhh fuck I forgot what distribution company she was with.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

WC Iz Active

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2007, 01:49:22 AM »
Jim Jones owes all off this success to Cam'Ron and he fuckin knows it,  its time he starts showing somw god damn loyalty.

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2007, 01:57:56 AM »
Jim Jones owes all off this success to Cam'Ron and he fuckin knows it,  its time he starts showing somw god damn loyalty.

Man shut the fuck up and stop crying, go suck Cam'rons dick u fagget, every post i see of urs, ur t-bagging him, get off his nuts man, be open minded, go bump some other shit once and awhile, whats it to u, hes not disloyal to u is he? No he doesnt even know u lmao, so why the fuck u care, let them do w.e the fuck they want!!!

WC Iz Active

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2007, 02:00:49 AM »
^^Shut the fuck up you nutridin faggot.  I listen to all rap, I would run circles around your faggot ass in any discussion.  Jim was Cam's hypeman for years, Jim aint got that much real talent and everyone knows it,  without cam there would be no JJ, thats a fact nutridin faggot.  why dont you spend some more time hovering around my every post, you pathetic fuck

d-nice

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2007, 02:32:59 AM »
Damn Spice, you getting heat from all angles tonight.  ;D

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2007, 06:52:18 AM »
You can't go wrong with Rick Ruben. He isn't a yes-man. He'll tell you straight up if your music isn't good...

guess jim wont have an album then.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2007, 07:56:57 AM »

Don't be so sure. He could still ink a deal with the G-Unit imprint and release his album on G-Unit/Sony like Olivia was supposed to drop on G-Unit/ uhh fuck I forgot what distribution company she was with.

Let's hope he stays with the Set.

kemizt