Author Topic: I need new brakes...  (Read 469 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: I need new brakes...
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2007, 03:16:30 PM »
250 bucks for brakes?  what kind of car do you got? that's how much MINE cost but that's because i get the high end shit

if you got some little car like a honda or something it should be like 75-100 TOPS

My shit is expensive to fix, though. I got a 2005 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE with abs brakes...the parts to my car are way more expensive than "a honda or something".

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2007, 03:42:48 PM »
this shit makes me feel bad

this just happened to me and i should have warned you

my shit is a 2001 prizm and it was 400 bucks to fix the rotors and brakes and shit, like a little over 400 if i recall correctly

LMAO though homey, you do drive very aggressively, very conditioned by L.A.  not hating, it's kinda darwinistic. if you didn't drive like that, you wouldn't get anywhere very quickly in that area. that's why it takes me longer when driving places. i take few risks in the car. i know my limits.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2007, 04:05:04 PM »
this shit makes me feel bad

this just happened to me and i should have warned you

my shit is a 2001 prizm and it was 400 bucks to fix the rotors and brakes and shit, like a little over 400 if i recall correctly

LMAO though homey, you do drive very aggressively, very conditioned by L.A.  not hating, it's kinda darwinistic. if you didn't drive like that, you wouldn't get anywhere very quickly in that area. that's why it takes me longer when driving places. i take few risks in the car. i know my limits.

-T

Yea...LOL. I like how I drive though. 8)

acgrundy

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2007, 04:53:05 PM »
jesus christ, you guys are getting ripped off drastically...it doesn't matter how high end your car is...brake pads, are brake pads, and rotors are rotors...its some of the simpleists parts on a car, and probably the most universal parts of all cars.  and anyways, u don't get screwed on parts by a mechanic, you get screwed on labor...$400?  Lol, that is like 4 hours worth of work paying a manufacturers prices...changing breaks should take less than an hour if you are a professional.

herpes

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2007, 05:01:10 PM »
The only time it should cost $250-$300 to change breaks is if you fucked up your rotors.  Then you have to get new pads and rotors and plus labor.  Unless you know how to do it yourself then of course its cheaper.  NIK I have a question.  This bad noise you hear, does it happen when your car finally slows down to about 5-10 mph then you hear the real bad noise like metal on metal.  If thats the case your rotors are shot its happened to me twice on my old car.

swangin and bangin

« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2007, 05:25:48 PM »
i learned how to burn out on my bike today
 :banana_llama: :banana_trippin: :banana_trippin: :banana_trippin: :banana_trippin: :banana_trippin: :banana_trippin: :banana_llama:

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2007, 05:48:11 PM »
what?  brakes?  my bmw dealership replaces my brakes for another 9 years for free  ;D
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2007, 05:57:22 PM »
$250 for brakes? I would never pay that shit in my life. I just got brakes for $20 at Napa and put them on myself in an hour. You might need a special wrench for it, but you can get that at any parts store.

If you want to save yourself tons of money on your car, get a Chilton book. It'll tell you exactly how to replace pretty much everything on your ride with pictures and you don't need experience at all.

SGV

« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2007, 07:06:26 PM »
Thats bad if its hitting the metal already. Try not to even drive anymore unless you really have to. But word 250 is a grip.

My big ass truck is only like 150.

swangin and bangin

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2007, 07:11:21 PM »
get it done by a professional

fuck getting dirty and not having that shit done right

it dont matter how u do it, if it aint done by a pro its a risk

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2007, 07:44:29 PM »
i never changed my breaks on my car, only on my truck. I use the compression of the engine to slow down my speed most of the time so it doesn't use the pads, I know you can turn them over after some times though and it's still all good

swangin and bangin

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2007, 08:19:23 PM »
i never changed my breaks on my car, only on my truck. I use the compression of the engine to slow down my speed most of the time so it doesn't use the pads, I know you can turn them over after some times though and it's still all good
thats why i want a stick shift
but my parents is like NO!

acgrundy

« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2007, 09:18:56 PM »

you are an idiot

swangin and bangin

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2007, 09:44:21 PM »

you are an idiot
you are one of those dudes that buys a car and ends up having a fucked up unreliable car because u decided to be "the man" and do everything yourself and fuck something up
huh?

acgrundy

« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2007, 10:19:37 PM »

you are an idiot
you are one of those dudes that buys a car and ends up having a fucked up unreliable car because u decided to be "the man" and do everything yourself and fuck something up
huh?

You are one of those idiots that assumes things, and never realizes assumption is the mother of all fuckups.
huh?