Author Topic: Khayree "This Guitar of Mine" Series  (Read 2814 times)

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
Re: Khayree "This Guitar of Mine" Series
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2007, 07:02:41 PM »
So you bought the "Blue Zone" album?  If so how is it cause it sounds really good from the samples.

Unknown White Male

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2007, 07:06:40 PM »
I'm lovin Vol. 1 so far

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2007, 07:42:08 PM »
^Let us know how the Blue Zone turns out.  I'm very tempted to buy it but I've been spending like crazy recently  :-\

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2007, 08:06:22 PM »
Alright...sounds good.  I think I'm going to go ahead and purchase that shit cause I'm feelin' that jazzy funk.

But for the fuck of it, can you upload a track from it?

And holy shit  :o@ you buying like 150 albums.  That's crazy, dude.

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2007, 08:44:15 PM »
Thanks.  This sounds laid back as all hell.  I'm liking it.

???@the track I uploaded not working.  WTF?  I'm gonna have to try again cause it'd be nice if others could hear the track too  >:(

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2007, 09:03:37 PM »
Sounds good on the reviews.

I emailed Khayree earlier and asked a couple questions so hopefully he'll respond some time in the near future, if at all.

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2007, 09:16:06 PM »
i picked all these instrumental albums up and they are DOPE!! 

This track is clean....
Do you like Vol 1or 2 better?

I find I play vol.1 more........

Let me ask you question,if I buy the Khayree online albums from Amazon will I get a download link asap?
Iīm fiending for some new Khayree shit.....

DUBCNN: Exclusive Interview With Khayree + New Music
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=151577.0
Murder dog interview with Khayree August 2007
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=151577.0

Youll have to do what I did and pick them up little bu litte.  Most of these have repeat tracks so if you get them in 1 cd you can purchase the missing tracks from the others and complete the disc so your not paying for duplicates.

This is def. not 1 that will end up on torrents and its worth purchasing and supporting Khayree.  Hes been maiking good music since the 70's!!

Thanx for the info will look into it.
Iīm huge Khayree fan,itīs a shame that I canīt purchase a actual product. Oh,well I will buy them all anyway.
I have been pumping The guitar joints is in heavy rotation right now. I only found podcast vol.4,whereīs the rest of them?
Did the Khayree DVD ever come out? I bought the YBB video collection on DVD,butīs the only one I can find.

^I had asked Eddie if Khayree was gonna release the Guitar albums as hard copies and he said he didn't know but he would ask Khayree the next time he talked to him to see what's up.  I haven't heard anything since but on iTunes next to the album cover it does say DIGITAL ONLY which licks major ballsac  :(

Thatīs only on vol.2 right?
I believe Eddie said that Khayree visit this forum every now and then,so he might change his mind if he read this?
The sad thing I donīt think he will be able to sell that many hard copies in these days climate.

Yeah it actually does only say it for Vol 2.   ???

It would be great if Khayree could press up a limited amount of hard copies but I don't see it happening.

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a demand for this type of product.

On another note I do find it amusing, however, that the masses ride Dre's nuts so hard when he is not even a musician.  I'll takes Khayree's Guitar Volumes anyday over The Chronic & 2001 instrumentals.  Hopefully he releases some more volumes in the future.

I like both so I wont go into a debate about that.
You will get all the Dre fans running wild in here turning the convo into some bias ass net-banging. Ha,ha....
...and you better believe I run out of this thread ASAP.
Maybe theyīre on the way already because of your comment?
But thereīs NO question that heīs underated.
Damn,all the albums he has produced top to bottom is flawless,to bad I canīt say overall classics.
Young Black Brotha and Illegal Business is Bay classics,thatīs for sure.
Dudes is sleeping on Khayreeīs talent.

Yeah I like Dre quite a bit too but he is not a musician
and that is unfortunate because he could be that much better of a producer in my opinion.
Instead he has to rely on bringing musicians in and paying them to play what ever melody he has brewing in his mind.
I wasn't going after the fans of Dre but I was making a legitimate point  ;)

BTW, the 30 second sound clips from Khayree's "Blue" album sound good as well.  I might pick this up.
+1, Mr. Raider

What Blue album?
I will go on itunes and check it out ASAP!

It seems the Dre fans didnīt came running in. Ha,ha
So Iīll give you my 5cents,Dr.Dre is a master PRODUCER,Khayree is MUSICIAN.
What does this mean?
Well Iīm heavy in the art world and conceptual art is the actual ideas you come up with and you sometimes have to get CRAFTS men to do the work because you canīt master the medium,but itīs your concept and idea.
Like myself Iīm not that good with computers so I have to ask computer wizards to actually do the "artwork" for me,
but itīs my drawings and ideas.
I sit there beside them while theyīre working,to make sure they visualize whatever I want them to do for me.
Get it?

^I completely understand the concept of producing I was just saying DRE could if he wanted to learn how to play instruments and purge the middlemen.  It seems to me the music isn't nearly as organic when you have musicians playing the sounds in your head, you know what I mean?  I mean if I was a producer of his caliber you better believe I would learn how to play a bunch of shit and do away with the monetary and trust issues when you bring in more employees to do the work you could be doing.  Just my 2 cents.

I agree and disagree.
Dre knows how to play some instruments.
But I guess he sees heīs short comings(?).
Heīs taking classes for piano at the moment. Where this will take Dre is another question.
I definiatily agree with you that it would be so much more of a own craft and artwork if Dre could do it all himself like Khayree.
What I canīt understand is why Khayree is not in demand by other artists?
If I was Dre I would hire him ASAP!
Khayree would bring so much needed soul to Dreīs productions and the mainstream Hip Hop audience in general.

I'd love to know what
Dre can actually play because in all the booklets he has others playing shit for him,even on the keyboard.
I think it's good he's taking piano lessons but it just seems like he could have been doing this stuff 20 years ago when he first started fucking with live music in his production.

I also don't see how other artists wouldn't be more interested in fucking with Khayree.
Dude is a beast,as far as hip hop MUSIC is concerned. 

Dre can play at least keys (at least thatīs what some of the credits in the booklets says).
He is credited for some more shit too(at times),but I donīt bother to go and get my Dre produced albums booklets right now.
Yes,Khayree is a beast and he can produce WHOLE albums.
If a artist would dare to step out their box and do something artistic they should have balls enough to hire Khayree.
I bought all the Khayree instrumental albums on itunes,
not sure about the all the "sessions albums" and what not albums,
got to check the track lists first,thereīs a lot of "best off" compilations in there.

So you bought the "Blue Zone" album?  If so how is it cause it sounds really good from the samples.

I didnīt see that album. (I will search for that album ASAP)
I bought all the instrumental albums he has released with vocals.
So itīs more like "Chronic 2001" instrumental albums,
but every top to bot to bottom Khayree produced album has been a
personal classic for me,so I enjoy every second of the instrumentals.  :D

Found the Blue Zone album,downloading it now.
Picked up away from the rat race also...
Listening to the Blue Zone album now (the first track),got a jazz feel over it. But if you like Khayree Iīm sure you will love it.

^Let us know how the Blue Zone turns out.  I'm very tempted to buy it but I've been spending like crazy recently  :-\

Iīm on track 5 now,shit is TIGHT,some damn ass good music. Sounds very jazzy,but itīs tight.
I love it so far,actually better than the guitar album (keep in mind this is the first time I listen too it).
I bougth the Rat race too.
Donīt talk to me about spending money.
I bought like 100-150 cdīs online the other day (donīt dare to count yet,donīt dare to check my balance either).
Iīm new to this online shopping shit.
I went to this link (cduniverse) for a album I wanted ASAP (RBX; Broken Silence),
as soon as I figured how this credit card shit worked out I went CRAZY.
You guys brougth me into this Itunes world,I bought a gang of albums from Khayree there too.
Well,I got a lot of music to go trough now,ha,ha.

Alright...sounds good.  I think I'm going to go ahead and purchase that shit cause I'm feelin' that jazzy funk.

But for the fuck of it, can you upload a track from it?

And holy shit  :o@ you buying like 150 albums.  That's crazy, dude.

Of course I can upload a track.
But will it work on other computers?
The one you uploaded didnīt work on mine.
Iīm finished listening to the Blue Zone now.
I loved it,Iīm on my second track on the Rat Race now,damn that shit is tight too.
Got some jazz elements on that to,but a little more "funky". (so far on track 4)

Hereīs a random track from the The Blue Zone,I just picked one while writing this,so not sure if itīs the "best" track.
04 My Best.m4a
http://www.mediafire.com/?31w3l3iyxxb

Hereīs a track from the Rat Race,shit is tight.
04 Hold Our Words.m4a
http://www.mediafire.com/?eyyybrxjlmv

Sounds good on the reviews.

I emailed Khayree earlier and asked a couple questions so hopefully he'll respond some time in the near future, if at all.

Nice,itīs a damn shame that Eddie didnīt do one of those "post your questions threads" before he did the interview.
I have followed Khayree since the VERY begining,but I didnīt really become a "fan" before the Mac Mall Illegal Business album came out in 93.
Anyway I could have submited mad questions the interview,I know his shit in and out.
I browsed the www.siccness.net forum,I read that heīs a member there and post there sometimes.
Let us know if he answers.

Hereīs another track from the Rat Race. Iīm on the last track now,BUY that shit NOW!.
10 Now & Tomorrow.m4a
http://www.mediafire.com/?5x0fhodhnoo
« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 09:37:45 AM by tusken RAIDEr - CEO of The Dangerous Crew Movement »

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2007, 09:33:05 PM »
Holy shit that "Hold Our Words" track is bangin'.  Props again.

If he responds to the email I'll def let ya'll know.

EARNERTON!

• 'G'
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2007, 02:21:55 AM »
i can't download those mp4 files, i don't know what program you need to play em, but even still, khayree was a heavy producer back in the day, back when he use to produce for Mac Mall, Ray Luv, Young Lay an niggas like that, that bay area, funk heavy mob music, yes surr
« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 07:52:37 PM by EARNERTON! »

r8r

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2007, 01:40:09 PM »
thos mp4 are iTunes purchased files and without the user name password they dont work.  iTunes does play them though.

As a fan of his music I have to say all these albums are dope.  The ones toward the bottom of my fav list are def. the early stuff.  Its def. dated but I can say htat they are bangging for their time.  Im glad he decided to share these though!!

EARNERTON!

• 'G'
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2007, 07:53:04 PM »
seen, props for that info

r8r

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2007, 12:54:19 PM »
only podcasts i have are 2 and 4 and the young black brotha ones....

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2007, 01:05:28 PM »
What kinda shit is in the podcasts?

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2007, 01:22:44 PM »
^Downloading now.  +1 on the pm the other day.  I had seen it before and then forgot all about it.

Which album do like better?  Guitar 1 or 2, Blue Zone, or Rat Race?

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2007, 01:33:58 PM »
Damn...the first joint on the podcast is fly as fuck  8)