Author Topic: Khayree "This Guitar of Mine" Series  (Read 2784 times)

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
Khayree "This Guitar of Mine" Series
« on: October 10, 2007, 11:43:17 PM »
What up!  I just purchased Khayree's "This Guitar of Mine" Vol 2 Series from Itunes and just to let y'all know it is him playing guitar on every track which are themselves instrumentals.  God damn this shit is smooth and dope as a motherfucker...some shit to mellow out to, grab a drink, smoke something, or hang with your girl or homies and just chill.

Anyway I could of chose all 11 tracks because there all damn good but I just decided to hit y'all up with the first one.

So, without further a due...here is "A New Song" by Khayree of Young Black Brotha fame.  Kick back, take off your shoes, enjoy and support dude if you like it....Peace DubCC.

http://www.zshare.net/download/414435705db663/    ;)

r8r

• Lil Geezy
Re: Khayree "This Guitar of Mine" Series
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 09:23:11 AM »
i picked all these instrumental albums up and they are DOPE!! 

This track is clean....

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 04:29:48 PM »

This track is clean....
Do you like Vol 1or 2 better?

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 12:36:17 PM »
Tusken, Khayree apparently isn't releasing any hard copies so the best you can do is purchase the downloads and just print up the the cover art.  That's what I did anyway.

Even with a password you can only hear 30 second snippets.

r8r

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2007, 10:24:35 AM »

This track is clean....
Do you like Vol 1or 2 better?

I find I play vol.1 more........

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2007, 11:23:22 AM »
^Not sure, Tusken but iTunes has the download available right away.  Is it cheaper through Amazon?

r8r

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2007, 04:42:34 PM »
yeah I usediTunes and it starts d/l instantly...Not sure bout Amazon though

Unknown White Male

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2007, 04:49:58 PM »
i cant find it on bittorrent:(

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2007, 08:43:37 PM »
^Shit, ya got me.  All I was interested in purchasing were the Guitar albums so I didn't really bother to check on anything else.

r8r

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2007, 08:08:43 AM »
Youll have to do what I did and pick them up little bu litte.  Most of these have repeat tracks so if you get them in 1 cd you can purchase the missing tracks from the others and complete the disc so your not paying for duplicates.

This is def. not 1 that will end up on torrents and its worth purchasing and supporting Khayree.  Hes been maiking good music since the 70's!!

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2007, 12:19:28 PM »
^I had asked Eddie if Khayree was gonna release the Guitar albums as hard copies and he said he didn't know but he would ask Khayree the next time he talked to him to see what's up.  I haven't heard anything since but on iTunes next to the album cover it does say DIGITAL ONLY which licks major ballsac  :(

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2007, 12:53:19 PM »
Yeah it actually does only say it for Vol 2.   ???

It would be great if Khayree could press up a limited amount of hard copies but I don't see it happening.

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a demand for this type of product.

On another note I do find it amusing, however, that the masses ride Dre's nuts so hard when he is not even a musician.  I'll takes Khayree's Guitar Volumes anyday over The Chronic & 2001 instrumentals.  Hopefully he releases some more volumes in the future.

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2007, 04:20:36 PM »
Yeah I like Dre quite a bit too but he is not a musician and that is unfortunate because he could be that much better of a producer in my opinion.  Instead he has to rely on bringing musicians in and paying them to play what ever melody he has brewing in his mind.  I wasn't going after the fans of Dre but I was making a legitimate point  ;)

BTW, the 30 second sound clips from Khayree's "Blue" album sound good as well.  I might pick this up.
+1, Mr. Raider

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2007, 05:05:03 PM »
^I completely understand the concept of producing I was just saying DRE could if he wanted to learn how to play instruments and purge the middlemen.  It seems to me the music isn't nearly as organic when you have musicians playing the sounds in your head, you know what I mean?  I mean if I was a producer of his caliber you better believe I would learn how to play a bunch of shit and do away with the monetary and trust issues when you bring in more employees to do the work you could be doing.  Just my 2 cents.

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2007, 06:16:10 PM »
I'd love to know what Dre can actually play because in all the booklets he has others playing shit for him, even on the keyboard.  I think it's good he's taking piano lessons but it just seems like he could have been doing this stuff 20 years ago when he first started fucking with live music in his production.

I also don't see how other artists wouldn't be more interested in fucking with Khayree.  Dude is a beast, as far as hip hop MUSIC is concerned.