Author Topic: The South Reign Falling?  (Read 211 times)

wardy

The South Reign Falling?
« on: October 11, 2007, 02:43:46 PM »
When you look at soundscan this year the south have been hit the hardest as allthough

T.I went plat the rest have been hit with poor sales as below shows artists such as

Lil Flip
Chamillionaire
Ugk
Lil Scrappy
Shop Boyz
Young Buck
plies
crime mob
Ali & Gipp 
rich boy
paul wall

have all suffered poor sales despite SOME dope shit

and Bad Boy South has been hit badly despite imo droppin some hot shit as

Boyz N Da Hood
Yung Joc
Gorilla Zoe
8 Ball & MJG

have all had low sales

has the south been hit badly or are they still on top?

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: The South Reign Falling?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 02:51:57 PM »

weird...i dont recall them bein on top  8) 8)

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 04:22:59 PM »

weird...i dont recall them bein on top  8) 8)

in terms of sales yes they were even Mike Jones went plat.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Lunatic

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2007, 04:24:26 PM »
Until a coast can come with as many artists selling a lot of records like the south does (T.I., Luda, Jeezy, Wayne etc.) then no the south is still on top..yes a lot of them flop, but then agian u gotta take into consideration that the south is the region that drops the most mainstream albums
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2007, 06:23:10 PM »
Until a coast can come with as many artists selling a lot of records like the south does (T.I., Luda, Jeezy, Wayne etc.) then no the south is still on top..yes a lot of them flop, but then agian u gotta take into consideration that the south is the region that drops the most mainstream albums

might be the west next year with Detox, snoop's new record, Game's new record and Ice cube. Not too mention the up and comers like Bishop, ya boy and g malone.

Lunatic

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2007, 07:03:25 PM »

might be the west next year with Detox, snoop's new record, Game's new record and Ice cube. Not too mention the up and comers like Bishop, ya boy and g malone.
hopefully...Boss as well ;)

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2007, 07:04:17 PM »

who lol

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2007, 07:06:45 PM »
It's not about record sales, its about airplay, and video countdowns and ****. Whoever gets played the most = whoever gets shoved down your throat the most = whoevers gonna be the face of hip-hop for the 3 or so years they have their "reign".

I think it's slowly becoming more even in representation, and the east and west are about to drop alot of stuff, so we'll see what happens. It's about the sound more than the region, though. Even eastcoast and westcoast rappers have been adopting the southern style in beats (which isnt a bad thing inherently, by the way). Just gotta wait and see who the next trendsetter is gonna be.

Lunatic

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2007, 07:18:54 PM »

who lol
lol..crooked i homie (in case u wasn't being sarcastic, which i'm pretty sure u were :P

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2007, 07:45:13 PM »
I was , dude is good and all but fuck man i heard this guy in 99 u know, im not checking for him anymore realy. Honeslty i dont think he has a worldwide appeal either.

Lunatic

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2007, 07:49:22 PM »
I was , dude is good and all but fuck man i heard this guy in 99 u know, im not checking for him anymore realy. Honeslty i dont think he has a worldwide appeal either.
LOl true..if he drops, he'll outsell ya boy & g.malone though i think

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2007, 08:18:01 PM »
People need to get past all the retarded shit of East Coast / West Coast / South / Midwest.  Dumbfuck music execs pump your ears with that shit like it matters.  It doesn't.

There's good music and bad music from everywhere in the US and the world.

2ndly, quit fucking thinking that SALES EQUAL QUALITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Large sales or lack of sales COME AFTER THE MUSIC WAS MADE.  SALES DON'T DICTATE WHAT IS GOOD AND WHAT ISN'T GOOD.  Form your own fucking opinions people.

If you boast that your favorite rapper is the #1 seller, you are pathetic.  If you boast that your favorite artist makes the best music and you have a legit arguement backing it up then you get a pass.

Class dismissed.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2007, 08:21:08 PM »
LOl true..if he drops, he'll outsell ya boy & g.malone though i think

yeah hes gonna utsell those guys for sure.

Snoopafly-1986

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2007, 05:01:54 AM »
People need to get past all the retarded shit of East Coast / West Coast / South / Midwest.  Dumbfuck music execs pump your ears with that shit like it matters.  It doesn't.

There's good music and bad music from everywhere in the US and the world.

2ndly, quit fucking thinking that SALES EQUAL QUALITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Large sales or lack of sales COME AFTER THE MUSIC WAS MADE.  SALES DON'T DICTATE WHAT IS GOOD AND WHAT ISN'T GOOD.  Form your own fucking opinions people.

If you boast that your favorite rapper is the #1 seller, you are pathetic.  If you boast that your favorite artist makes the best music and you have a legit arguement backing it up then you get a pass.

Class dismissed.

real shit man, the TI's sell alot but they aint that good, the best MC's Budden, Cassidy, some of them have never went gold maybe they did with their last albums but not much past 500k, people look at the charts and see that these dudes is #1 so it must be dope, fuck that