Author Topic: How Much Time Y'all Think T.I. Gon Get??  (Read 942 times)

WestCoasta

Re: How Much Time Y'all Think T.I. Gon Get??
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2007, 05:15:35 PM »
people wanna play around with guns then jail is where you're gonna end up

if you're gonna be big enough to roll with weapons then be big enough to deal with whatever happens

:-X

Lunatic

« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2007, 05:17:27 PM »
ATL also has really strict gunlaws in the US, stricter than most of the US

he will get ~ 20 years, MAYBE serving 12-15
what about his lawyer's comments about bail?? :-\

bail means he's free to roam the state until the trial, then he goes to jail. if he's found guilty, there will be no avoiding jail time
o ok..but can't the trail drag on for years and years?? look at r.kelly

yep, but look at how much press this is getting + the seriousness of the crime. TI had the potential to kill alot of people, that's what the prosecutors will be looking at

why would he be buying machine guns, handguns + silencers? no other reason than to end somebodys life

we'll have to see what happens with the trial, but he's going to jail for a long, long time. my guess is he's probably going straight to the studio once he makes his first appearance in court, so he can keep releasing cds while he's in jail. either way, he could use some of that money he made from selling platinum albums to buy some KY, cause it's gonna hurt

yes the crime is serious, but is r.kelly case not serious :-\  it also received alot of press, so that's not a very good explanation of why you think this case will probably unfold quickly

i can't answer that

are u trying 2 get me mad or something with all the rape jokes?? :-\
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Okka

« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2007, 05:20:18 PM »
he's a skinny dude, that ass gonna get a pounding in the big house

:D

The Watcher

« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2007, 05:24:29 PM »

bail means he's free to roam the state until the trial, then he goes to jail. if he's found guilty, there will be no avoiding jail time

yep, but look at how much press this is getting + the seriousness of the crime. TI had the potential to kill alot of people, that's what the prosecutors will be looking at

why would he be buying machine guns, handguns + silencers? no other reason than to end somebodys life

we'll have to see what happens with the trial, but he's going to jail for a long, long time. my guess is he's probably going straight to the studio once he makes his first appearance in court, so he can keep releasing cds while he's in jail. either way, he could use some of that money he made from selling platinum albums to buy some KY, cause it's gonna hurt

yes the crime is serious, but is r.kelly case not serious :-\  it also received alot of press, so that's not a very good explanation of why you think this case will probably unfold quickly

i can't answer that

r. kelly had sex with an underage girl but she consented. he's also not a convicted felon and his crime didnt have the possibility of killing alot of people. while r. kelly's crime is (to me) worse than TI's, the law doesnt see it that way

TI is a convicted felon who tried to circumvent the law by having someone else purchase guns on his behalf. it also doesnt help that the guy who bought the guns also snitched on him and recorded phone calls etc. unless TI was using the guns for show (in which case he would have no ammo), then he's got 0 chance of getting less than 10 years (prodigy got 3.5 for a gun + ammo)

to take a line from Office Space (great movie), he's going to a "federal pound me in the ass prison"
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Lunatic

« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2007, 05:25:58 PM »

i can't answer that

r. kelly had sex with an underage girl but she consented. he's also not a convicted felon and his crime didnt have the possibility of killing alot of people. while r. kelly's crime is (to me) worse than TI's, the law doesnt see it that way

TI is a convicted felon who tried to circumvent the law by having someone else purchase guns on his behalf. it also doesnt help that the guy who bought the guns also snitched on him and recorded phone calls etc. unless TI was using the guns for show (in which case he would have no ammo), then he's got 0 chance of getting less than 10 years (prodigy got 3.5 for a gun + ammo)

to take a line from Office Space (great movie), he's going to a "federal pound me in the ass prison"
lets just see shit play out i guess

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2007, 05:27:44 PM »
prodigy got 3.5yrs for a loaded handgun

TI bought 2 machine guns, a bunch of handguns, some silencers, and had a pile of gun ins his closet at his house + he's a convicted felon

he's going away for atleast 20years
that shit would be FUCKED UP

take into consideration he's rich ;D

take into consideration he also tried to circumvent the law by having someone else buy the guns for him, he's going to get raped by the courts and then again in jail

Hes gonna be gone for life i think personally LOL, with parole hahaha!!!
i'll be surprised if he serves more than 10 years

Any REGULAR person would probably get 20+ but in T.I's case its oviously not gonna be that long lol, hell he might just get a slap on the wrist, the systems fucked up, but this time i doubt it, this is big lol!!!

Lunatic

« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2007, 05:28:20 PM »
prodigy got 3.5yrs for a loaded handgun

TI bought 2 machine guns, a bunch of handguns, some silencers, and had a pile of gun ins his closet at his house + he's a convicted felon

he's going away for atleast 20years
that shit would be FUCKED UP

take into consideration he's rich ;D

take into consideration he also tried to circumvent the law by having someone else buy the guns for him, he's going to get raped by the courts and then again in jail

Hes gonna be gone for life i think personally LOL, with parole hahaha!!!
i'll be surprised if he serves more than 10 years

Any REGULAR person would probably get 20+ but in T.I's case its oviously not gonna be that long lol, hell he might just get a slap on the wrist, the systems fucked up, but this time i doubt it, this is big lol!!!
this is 1 time i really hope the celebrity gets special treatment ;)

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2007, 05:31:52 PM »
This is the part where it would pay to be a California celebrity... Out here our celebs get off with anything and everything. If this happened out here I would put my money on him beating the case. However.... the South is a different story. There are still people living in the "lynch em" days...
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

Lunatic

« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2007, 05:32:20 PM »
This is the part where it would pay to be a California celebrity... Out here our celebs get off with anything and everything. If this happened out here I would put my money on him beating the case. However.... the South is a different story. There are still people living in the "lynch em" days...
yea i know man

Lunatic

« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2007, 05:35:10 PM »
pics of the arrest:

http://i21.tinypic.com/wugj1i.jpg
http://i23.tinypic.com/33c9b85.jpg
http://i23.tinypic.com/2cnwaph.jpg

here's some potential good news:

"A source close to embattled rapper T.I. says that the gun charges leveraged against the hip-hopper are false; T.I. never tried to purchase guns -- it was all his bodyguard. The source statement was "[The bodyguard] asked T.I. for an advance on his [pay] and T.I. gave it to him. ...Whatever he spent money on -- whether it be guns, drugs, or formula for his children -- T.I. had nothing to do with it." That's it, he was buying formula! And those guns found in T.I.'s house? "T.I. has security that lives with him and stay with him at all times. The gun that the [federal agents] found belonged to his security team" -- all of whom are licensed to carry them, the source claims. "The government was just looking to pin a case on T.I. - they've been trying for years. So they pushed [the bodyguard] into snitching on T.I."

Narrator

« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2007, 05:54:00 PM »
Instead of speculating and sounding like retards, why don't you be some good crackers and look up the law?

In the United States, machine guns and silencers are both restricted to Class III status by the National Firearms Act of 1934 (the law they passed to cut down on the use of Tommy Guns by gangsters during the Prohibition Era).  Here is some info on criminal violations:

Criminal Conduct Under The NFA

The NFA makes certain conduct a criminal offense, including but not limited to: engaging in business as a manufacturer, importer, or dealer with respect to firearms without having registered or paid a special occupational tax; receiving or possessing a firearm transferred to oneself in violation of the NFA; receiving or possessing a firearm made in violation of the NFA; receiving or possessing a firearm not registered to oneself in the National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record; transferring or making a firearm in violation of the NFA; or obliterating, removing, changing, or altering the serial number of the firearm.[1]

Criminal Penalties

Violations of the National Firearms Act are punishable by up to 10 years [2] in federal prison and forfeiture of all devices or firearms in violation, and the individual's right to own or possess firearms in the future. The Act provides for a penalty of $10,000 for certain violations.[3] A willful attempt to evade or defeat a tax imposed by the Act is a felony punishable by up to five years in prison and a $100,000 fine ($500,000 in the case of a corporation), under the general tax evasion statute.[4] For an individual, the felony fine of $100,000 for tax evasion could be increased to $250,000.[5]

Please note that the latter provision applies to INDIVIDUAL offenses, meaning that T.I. could get up to 10 years for EACH machine gun and silencer he purchased.  So if he had five illegal NFA-regulated items, that means he could be looking at up to 50 years.  I doubt he'd get that much, but 10 years minimum is almost guaranteed unless his attorney can find some proof, ANY proof, of misconduct by the BATF in their operation.

He's violated FEDERAL law here, and that's what he's being charged on.  Local laws are the least of his concerns right now.  Stop trying to sound like you know what you're talking about, you're just gonna make yourself sound retarded.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2007, 05:58:38 PM by Foday-muh'fuckin-Sankoh, bitch! »

StevenQBosell

« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2007, 06:12:34 PM »
^^^

Yup, it's a federal issue, he's going to be gone a minimum of 10 years... the feds don't usually fuck up...

Lunatic

« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2007, 06:14:44 PM »
taken from another board, dude seems 2 have a point:

I don't like rap and can't stand these gangster rappers for a moment. However, I NEVER believe the ATF until I see the evidence. I have seen them cut corners and perjure themselves, or tell a "witness" to do it for them.

It would be standard operating procedure to pressure the bodyguard into putting it all off on the boss, if that's who they really want. Just from the story, if at all accurate, I see serious problems for the prosecution that could be exploited by a first year law student.

As for the guns in the house and vehicle, everyone around him is licensed to carry and all he has to do is deny knowledge of them, while his employees say that they left them there, so I don't see anything to hold the dude for. Nice to parade the perfectly legal guns around the cameras for pictures, but irrelevant. Those guns will very likely have to be returned to the owner(s). Unless they have a lot more than the word of the fool trying to buy illegal weapons, this will never reach trial and he only has to pay some lawyer fees and maybe some employee bonuses.

The media always makes a big thing about anything even resembling a gun and people who live in areas with restrictive gun laws don't realize that those laws don't apply elsewhere. Machineguns and silencers are actually legal in many states, IF you do the proper paperwork. Long guns, in most states, have no waiting period. The waiting period for handguns doen't always apply for people with any law enforcement status, or carry permits, in many states. Unlawfully carring a firearm is often a misdemeanor, with a small fine, if convicted. Talking heads like to say terms like "assault weapon" in low and ominous tones, but there is no such thing. They do the same with buzzwords like "semi-automatic," as if it means anything more than one trigger pull fires it one time, just like a revolver.

Look at how they still keep saying that the kid in Pennsylvania had "30 weapons," counting bb guns, pellet guns, pocket knives and swords (quite possibly only display models) as if they were really something to be concerned about. Take anything the sensation seeking media spouts with even more grains of salt than what the ATF might claim.

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2007, 06:16:07 PM »
pics of the arrest:

http://i21.tinypic.com/wugj1i.jpg
http://i23.tinypic.com/33c9b85.jpg
http://i23.tinypic.com/2cnwaph.jpg

here's some potential good news:

"A source close to embattled rapper T.I. says that the gun charges leveraged against the hip-hopper are false; T.I. never tried to purchase guns -- it was all his bodyguard. The source statement was "[The bodyguard] asked T.I. for an advance on his [pay] and T.I. gave it to him. ...Whatever he spent money on -- whether it be guns, drugs, or formula for his children -- T.I. had nothing to do with it." That's it, he was buying formula! And those guns found in T.I.'s house? "T.I. has security that lives with him and stay with him at all times. The gun that the [federal agents] found belonged to his security team" -- all of whom are licensed to carry them, the source claims. "The government was just looking to pin a case on T.I. - they've been trying for years. So they pushed [the bodyguard] into snitching on T.I."

Wheres T.I in those pics lol? That Range is nice too lol. But if thats true and somehow the judges buy it, he could be ok!!!

Narrator

« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2007, 06:31:24 PM »
taken from another board, dude seems 2 have a point:

Yeah, some pro-gun nut message board of right-wing morons.

Machineguns and silencers are actually legal in many states, IF you do the proper paperwork.

Which he didn't.  Granted, the prosecution may still have trouble tying T.I. to the bodyguard's purchases, but it can't be dismissed THAT easily.