Author Topic: Info about Busta Rhymes 1st single(Linkin Park collabo) AND concept of the album  (Read 243 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Busta Rhymes is following in the footsteps of Jay-Z by recording a new track with rockers Linkin Park. Rap mogul Jay-Z scored a massive hit with Linkin Park on "Numb/Encore" in 2004, and with the collaborative album Collision Course, and now Rhymes is hoping for the same good fortune after recording new track "It Looks Like We Made It" with the group.

The song will appear on Rhymes' upcoming album "Back On My BS," and the hip-hop star has huge hopes for the powerful anthem.

He tells Rolling Stone magazine, "This song speaks volumes to the globe - it ain't just about the 'hood, it ain't just about the suburbs, it's about everybody. This is one of those songs that can't be described better than touching the souls of the common people."

http://www.pr-inside.com/entertainment-blog/2007/10/12/busta-rhymes-with-linkin-park/
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 07:59:13 AM by Timbo the king »

Sofa_King_Awesome

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Five poppin' Six droppin'
Re: More info about Busta Rhymes 1st single (Linkin Park collabo)
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 07:34:25 AM »
Sweet, can't wait to hear it.
are you people that dumb and slow...lol...
Tuff one...but quik is up there...put it on me is classic imo and on some detox shit...dj lethal>>dj quik....rza>>premo.....dre>>>quik....rza=dre....dre, rza, quik, dj lethal>>>>>timberland, rockwielder, EIMINEM, mannie fresh

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: More info about Busta Rhymes 1st single (Linkin Park collabo)
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 07:55:16 AM »
11th October 2007: Busta Rhymes tells Rock Daily he’s got something special cooking for his December 4th album "Back on My BS", a song with Linkin Park called “It Looks Like We Made It” that’s produced by Cool and Dre. “It feels like Rocky won the fight or something,” he says of the triumphant track. “It reminds the people who are successful to go and help those that haven’t been so successful, and represent the unity between people. This song speaks volumes to the globe — it ain’t just about the ‘hood, it ain’t just about the suburbs, it’s about everybody. This is one of those songs that can’t be described better than touching the souls of the common people.”
Rhymes says Back on My BS will hearken back to the golden age of hip-hop, and that he picked out the title “because people haven’t seen the Busta Rhymes that they have grown to know and love.” “Not that they haven’t been getting the traditional party records, ’cause I always do that better than anything,” he clarified, “but the whole thing when I come out with the outfits, the hat, the coat.” So what does that mean for the LP? “I’m promising the same track record I always set for myself, which is the phenomenal collaborations that people don’t usually do before I do ‘em, to continue as a legacy,” he says. “You can definitely expect something super duper stellar. Hot energy joints and songs that are a little bit more approachable aren’t going to feel as dark, even though I got a lot of situations to talk about, ’cause of the last year. I still have so much to be happy for.”

The situations Busta refers to are likely his myriad looming court dates. “I’m trying to resolve the legal situation,” he says, turning to wax philosphical on larger legal issues: the Congressional hip-hop hearings. “They’re getting ready to pass laws on what we are and aren’t allowed to say,” he says, quite alarmed. “That’s totally against what the United States Constitution is. In the eyes of the U.S. government, we’re undesirables cause we don’t have a birthright. And it’s unfortunate but this is a real thing that not a lot of people are aware of.”

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
Is he really gonna drop on Dec 4th?  ???

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Cant wait for this record

Sofa_King_Awesome

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Five poppin' Six droppin'
Is he really gonna drop on Dec 4th?  ???
Being Aftermath, I highly doubt that.
are you people that dumb and slow...lol...
Tuff one...but quik is up there...put it on me is classic imo and on some detox shit...dj lethal>>dj quik....rza>>premo.....dre>>>quik....rza=dre....dre, rza, quik, dj lethal>>>>>timberland, rockwielder, EIMINEM, mannie fresh

Jrzvx

• Lil Geezy
yeah will probably drop in 2008

Doggystylin

He's not on Aftermath is he? I thought he only had a 1 album deal.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
No Busta, don't do Jay-Z, do you!