Author Topic: a Question to XL Middleton and Affliates (crowncity)  (Read 253 times)

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
a Question to XL Middleton and Affliates (crowncity)
« on: October 14, 2007, 10:07:38 PM »
Dont get me wrong I am a fan of your music and all, but do u create music only for the fan base, or u are planning to reach the people outside of California? do not call me a hater , i just want to know where yall are planned to bring ur music, cause the current market is on sum other shit..

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: a Question to XL Middleton and Affliates (crowncity)
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 10:12:31 PM »
I think XL is pretty big in Japan, he did that "Konnichi West" CD stirctly for overseas fans, so it's not just California funk heads that know about him!

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 11:13:09 PM »
yea japan has become a massive market for XL, he recently toured there too i believe

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Beads

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 01:12:44 AM »
XL IS ONE OF THE MOST TALENT PEOPLE I ASSOCIATE WITH. HE DOES HAVE SOME BIG THINGS IN THE WORKS, FOR EVERYONE. HE IS HUGE IN JAPAN AND HAS A GOOD FAN BASE IN FRANCE. BUT HE WILL BE GOOD EVERYWHERE, REAL SOON!!!

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2007, 06:15:03 PM »
bump

XL Middleton

• Crown City Entertainment
  • Muthafuckin' OG
  • www.xlmiddleton.com
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2007, 06:07:40 AM »
Dont get me wrong I am a fan of your music and all, but do u create music only for the fan base, or u are planning to reach the people outside of California? do not call me a hater , i just want to know where yall are planned to bring ur music, cause the current market is on sum other shit..

wassup fam,

well i can answer this question in a lot of different ways but ill try 2 keep it short. although i think you can listen to any album i've done and hear that i do a lot more than that west-west type shit, more than ever you'll hear it on the new album. i been doing what i do for a minute now and you can't stick with the same shit forever. but you can't force a musical evolution that type of shit just happens naturally. i just sit down at the keyboard or pick up a piece of paper and what comes out is what comes out. on the other hand i got a gang of radio singles but i don't feel the need to leak them on the internet or release them on independent records, there's a place for everything and i feel like a lot of cats get on forums like these to hear something different than the records they play 20 times a day on the radio. nor am i crazy enough to think that a song like "Feel So West Coast" would get any radio play at this point in the game but at the same time i've been emailed and messaged on myspace by literally thousands of cats who tell me that's their favorite song and what not. so its really a question of having something for all kinds of different markets, but like i said check out the new album you will hear a lot more than what you're probably expecting. the party records are cut down to a minimum, every song has a concept behind it and a purpose for being on the record. basically i'm just trying to give ppl what i think they wanna hear and what they would consider refreshing in today's hip hop climate.
XLMIDDLETON.COM
TWITTER.COM/XLMIDDLETON
FACEBOOK.COM/XLMIDDLETON
YOUTUBE.COM/XLMIDDLETONMUSIC
MYSPACE.COM/XLMIDDLETON

drakeshakenbake

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2007, 09:43:50 AM »
thanks for the answers XL! Was just watchin the activity vid on youtube, man that shit is so fresh!! Can't wait to bump it in november  ;D Keep doing what you do!

Toshdawg

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • If u man ain't fuckin you rite!, i got what u need
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2007, 11:36:25 AM »

wassup fam,

well i can answer this question in a lot of different ways but ill try 2 keep it short. although i think you can listen to any album i've done and hear that i do a lot more than that west-west type shit, more than ever you'll hear it on the new album. i been doing what i do for a minute now and you can't stick with the same shit forever. but you can't force a musical evolution that type of shit just happens naturally. i just sit down at the keyboard or pick up a piece of paper and what comes out is what comes out. on the other hand i got a gang of radio singles but i don't feel the need to leak them on the internet or release them on independent records, there's a place for everything and i feel like a lot of cats get on forums like these to hear something different than the records they play 20 times a day on the radio. nor am i crazy enough to think that a song like "Feel So West Coast" would get any radio play at this point in the game but at the same time i've been emailed and messaged on myspace by literally thousands of cats who tell me that's their favorite song and what not. so its really a question of having something for all kinds of different markets, but like i said check out the new album you will hear a lot more than what you're probably expecting. the party records are cut down to a minimum, every song has a concept behind it and a purpose for being on the record. basically i'm just trying to give ppl what i think they wanna hear and what they would consider refreshing in today's hip hop climate.

TIGHT!  8)